Air Fried Canned Potatoes are an easy way to make a delicious side dish for any meal. You can cook them in the oven or fry them, but this recipe uses your air fryer! This is a healthier alternative to frying and still gives you crispy, flavorful potatoes!
Canned Potatoes Recipe
This air fryer canned potatoes recipe is one of the easiest side dishes you can make in your air fryer. Today, I roasted a couple of cans of sliced potatoes.
Yes, canned potatoes. As most of you know who have been following me, my goal is to air fry everything in the supermarket because everything is possible between the Instant Pot and Air Fryer.
So, are you looking for a simple recipe that you can keep in your pantry until you are looking for the perfect side dish for any meal? If yes, this canned potatoes recipe for you. You can create a side dish that will taste nothing like canned potatoes with a few ingredients.
Why You’ll Love Canned Potatoes Recipes
- Canned goods are shelf stable and budget friendly
- You only need cans of potatoes and a handful of herbs of spices
- Delicious and crispy — no one will know these came canned!
- So easy in the air fryer
What Types of Canned Potatoes Can I Use?
This recipe will work with any type of canned potatoes. I have used whole, sliced, and even diced.
While the larger potatoes will take a couple more minutes to cook, they can be prepared the same way.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Canned Potatoes
If you’re looking for a delicious, healthier way to enjoy potatoes, air fry canned potatoes as an easy way to do just that. This canned potatoes recipe only requires a handful of herbs and spices you probably already have on hand — plus the can, of course!
For complete ingredients and quantities, keep on scrolling until you get to the bottom with a printable recipe card.
- Olive Oil
- Canned Potatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
How To Air Fry Canned Potatoes
Step 1: Rinse Potatoes
Start by draining your potatoes, then rinse twice with water.
Step 2: Season Potatoes
Pour the drained potatoes into a large mixing bowl, then add the oil and toss to coat.
Add sage, parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper and toss again.
Step 3: Cook Potatoes
Pour the coated potatoes into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 370 degrees F on the air fryer setting.
Air fry canned potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes. Shake the basket frequently.
Can I Use Aluminum Foil in My Air Fryer?
This answer is typically yes. But always check with your manufacturer’s instructions and user manual to ensure that your model allows for this.
Can I Use Any Other Oil Besides Olive Oil?
Yes, you can use avocado oil or grapeseed oil when you air fry canned potatoes. I have used both with favorable results.
However, you do not want to use vegetable oil with your air fryer canned potatoes as it will start smoking.
How Do I Store Leftover Canned Potatoes?
Let them cool to room temperature, then seal them in an airtight container. Put the container into the refrigerator. They should last about 2 to 3 days.
You can reheat the leftover potatoes in the microwave or air fryer.
Are There Any Other Seasonings that You Recommend for Air Fryer Canned Potatoes?
My personal favorite way to season canned potatoes recipes is just with salt and maybe a dash of pepper. But other popular seasonings for potatoes are:
- Garlic Powder or Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder or Onion Salt
- Shredded or grated cheese.
- Truffle Oil is fabulous with any canned potatoes recipes
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes:
- AIR FRYER ONE PAN HONEY LEMON CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS
- AIR FRYER ROASTED CAULIFLOWER MASH
- LITTLE POTATOES IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER HAM ASPARAGUS ROLLS
- AIR FRYER ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASSELBACK WITH BACON
Air Fried Canned Potatoes
- 30 ounces canned potatoes, any type
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by draining your potatoes, then rinse them with water, and rinse again.
- Pour the drained potatoes into a large mixing bowl, add the oil, and toss to coat.
- Add your sage, parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper and toss again
- Pour the coated potatoes into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 12 minutes. Shake the basket frequently.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer