So, I have a few air fryers, and I have always loved cast iron, so I thought why not put them together and make a homemade skillet cornbread.
If you have not worked with skillets or made skillet cornbread in one, here are some tips, and you should get a great fluffy and crispy (on the outside only) cornbread.
The real hint that I will give you is that you need to get a buttery cast iron, so don’t be cheap on the butter, you need to coat it, so either use a whole stick of butter and rub it against the cast iron skillet or melt some and then use a pastry brush to rub it all over, including the sides.
Here are some of my other cornbreads, tried and true recipes–
The Air Fryer I used in this Skillet Cornbread recipe, (affiliate link)
Don’t Forget to Pin–Print
Air Fryer, Homemade Skillet Cornbread
This is a great and easy way to make cornbread in the air fryer. I purchased a small cast iron skillet, which fit into the air fryer and created this recipe. My kids absolutely love it.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- Start by mixing all of your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Then mix in the wet ingredients, buttermilk, whole milk, and egg.
- Mix well.
- Then spray your cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Pour your batter into the prepared skillet.
- Set your time to 9 minutes at 350 degrees F. I checked mine and it was golden brown on the edges, so I removed it. That’s the color you are looking for, golden and firm to the touch.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer cornbread muffins power air fryer cornbread cornbread in hot air fryer jiffy cornbread in air fryer jiffy cornbread in air fryer oven jiffy cornbread mix in air fryer how to make jiffy cornbread in air fryer jiffy cornbread muffins in air fryer