Air Fryer Skillet Cornbread –Cornbread is a classic Southern dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe for skillet cornbread is simple and easy to follow and results in a delicious, golden brown loaf that is sure to please. Serve it as a side dish with your favorite meal, or enjoy it as a tasty snack on its own.
Cornbread is one of those quintessential comfort foods that everyone seems to love. There are so many variations out there, but this skillet cornbread is my personal favorite. It’s simple to make and comes out perfectly every time. Whether you’re serving it as a side dish or using it for stuffing, you won’t be disappointed with this recipe!
What Is Skillet Cornbread?
If you’re a cook, then you know there are some dishes that are just too good to refuse. Cornbread is one of those dishes. So what is skillet cornbread? Well, it’s basically cornbread that’s cooked in a skillet instead of in the oven or air fryer.
And trust me, it’s worth trying! Skillet cornbread is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside – perfect for dipping into chili or your favorite sauce. So why not give it a try? You won’t regret it!
Why Make Skillet Cornbread In The Air Fryer?
Cornbread is a Southern classic. It’s perfect for sopping up gravy or chili, and it’s absolutely delicious when served warm with butter. But what if you don’t have an oven? Or maybe you’re camping and don’t want to fire up the grill?
In that case, you can make skillet cornbread in your air fryer! This recipe is easy to follow, and the results are amazing. You’ll love how crispy the outside of the bread gets, while the inside remains soft and fluffy. So next time you’re in a bind, give this recipe a try!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Skillet Cornbread
If you’ve got an air fryer, you’re going to love this skillet cornbread recipe. It only calls for a few ingredients, and it’s easy to whip up. Plus, the air fryer gives the cornbread a nice crispy crust. Give it a try today!
- Cornmeal: This is located in the baking aisle, near the flour and sugar.
- All-Purpose Flour: Use regular all-purpose flour, that has been sifted.
- Salt: Adds some great flavor, you can omit if you use salted butter.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder: Both act as leaveners in this recipe.
- Buttermilk and Milk: Both add lots of flavors, and make for a creamy cornbread.
- Egg: Use large, room temperature eggs.
How To Make Skillet Cornbread In Air Fryer
Do you love skillet cornbread, but don’t want to heat up your kitchen by using the oven? Or maybe you’re an air fryer enthusiast who can’t wait to try out this new recipe. Either way, this post is for you! I’m going to show you how to make delicious skillet cornbread in your air fryer. It’s so easy, and the results are fantastic. You’re going to love it!
Start by mixing all of your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Then mix in the wet ingredients, buttermilk, whole milk, and egg, and mix well.
Then spray your cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil. Pour your batter into the prepared skillet. Set your time to 9 minutes at 350 degrees F. I checked mine and it was golden brown on the edges, so I removed it. That’s the color you are looking for, golden and firm to the touch.
Overmixing: Overmixing causes the gluten in the batter to develop more quickly, which makes for a dense cornbread. So, once your cornbread is mixed, stop mixing.
Timing: Since every air fryer is different, for best results, check on your cornbread while it’s cooking up. The timing will vary from air fryer to air fryer.
Variations For Cornbread:
Spicy cornbread, savory cornbread, sweet cornbread – there are so many variations on this classic Southern dish, that it can be hard to know where to start. But don’t worry, we’re here to help.
Here are some great mixins, to make your cornbread amazing!
- Bacon Cornbread Recipe: Add some diced (cooked) bacon
- Blueberry Cornbread Recipe: Add 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh blueberries into the batter.
- Cajun Cornbread Recipes: Add some cajun spices into your batter.
- Cornbread Recipe Without Buttermilk: Use all whole milk instead.
- Cornbred Recipe No Eggs: Use an egg substitute
How To Store
Cornbread is a delicious Southern treat that can be enjoyed all year round. However, storing cornbread can be tricky.
The best way to store cornbread is to let it cool to room temperature, then place it into an airtihgt container. Placed at room temperature it will last for 2 to 4 days. You can reheat the cornbread, right before serving.
Cast Iron Skillets To Use In Your Air Fryer
The cast iron skillet size that you can use will be dependent on the size of your air fryer, here are some great options:
What To Serve With Skillet Cornbread
Cornbread is classic Southern comfort food, and there are endless ways to enjoy it. But what do you serve with skillet cornbread? Here are a few ideas that will have your taste buds thanking you!
- AIR FRYER BEEF KABOBS: Looking for a tasty and healthy way to enjoy dinner? Try air fryer beef kabobs! This recipe is simple to follow, and the end result is a dish that is both nutritious and delicious. So fire up your air fryer, and get cooking!
- AIR FRYER ROASTED VEGETABLES: The best thing about the air fryer is that you can make roasted vegetables without using any oil. This means that not only are they healthier, but they also taste great. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make some of our favorite roasted vegetables in the air fryer. So check it out and give them a try!
- Instant Pot Wendy’s Chili: Are you a fan of Wendy’s chili? If so, you’re going to love this Instant Pot version! It’s just as flavorful and delicious as the original, but much easier to make. Plus, it’s perfect for busy weeknights. Give it a try tonight!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Do you have an air fryer? If not, consider investing in one – they are amazing! You can make all sorts of things in them, but today I’m going to share with you my favorite way to make cornbread. This skillet cornbread is so easy to make and it’s super delicious. Plus, it’s made in the air fryer so it’s healthy too! Give this recipe a try for yourself and see what you think. I promise that you won’t be disappointed. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk whole
- 1 large egg
Start by mixing all of your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Then mix in the wet ingredients, buttermilk, whole milk, and egg, mix well.
Then spray your cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
Pour your batter into the prepared skillet.
Set your time to 9 minutes at 350 degrees F. I checked mine and it was golden brown on the edges, so I removed it. That’s the color you are looking for, golden and firm to the touch.