My kids love cornbread, they love it when we are at a restaurant and a basket of the cornbread comes out, before the meal. It might be the best part of the meal for them. The difference between this cornbread and the normal cornbread is that it is much sweeter, that normal cornbread, as it has the sweetness of the half and half cream.
I grew up in Boston, and the only time we ever had cornbread was with BBQs in the summer. So, I was missing out.
I did a great cornbread recipe a few months ago, in the Air Fryer, and I will be honest with you, I have an obsession with muffins, just ask my husband, I am always experimenting with muffins. I think all of his breakfasts last week had a muffin, he actually brought a bag of them into work for his co-workers. Who raved about them.
Here are some of my other cornbreads:
Today’s recipe is a standard recipe for skillet cornbread, I just stumbled upon my cast iron skillet and thought to myself, this would totally fit in my air fryer, and it opened a whole new world to me. I was looking for the perfect cornbread recipe and I came up with this recipe, and I thought why not? Cornbread if you are not familiar with it, is a typical northern United States recipe, but has long roots in the southern part of the United States and Mexico. It was originally served by both Native American Indians, Mayans and Aztec. Given that one of the most common crops in the United States at the time, which I am sure you all heard the story of planting corn, was corn. It was also known as hoecake. Probably cooked over an open fire or over rocks. (If I remember my US History correct)
There are several common cornbread recipes, that I plan on trying, those are:
- Mexican Cornbread
- Hot Water Cornbread (this might have to be done in an Instant Pot)
- Corn Pone
- Other ones, I find interesting. I love finding new recipes, so if you have a twist on a classic cornbread, email me the recipes, I would love to try them all.
This is a classic recipe, I am looking forward to within the next few months, jazzing it up with vegetables and jalapeno peppers, because who doesn’t love a good cornbread?
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Homemade Skillet Cornbread
This is a great and easy way to make cornbread in the air fryer. I purchased a small cast iron skillet, which fit into the air fryer and created this recipe. My kids absolutely love it.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tesapoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- Start by mixing all of your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Then mix in the wet ingredients, buttermilk, whole milk, and egg.
- Mix well.
- Then spray your cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Pour your batter into the prepared skillet.
- Set your time to 9 minutes at 350 degrees F. I checked mine and it was golden brown on the edges, so I removed it. That’s the color you are looking for, golden and firm to the touch.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer cornbread muffins power air fryer cornbread cornbread in hot air fryer jiffy cornbread in air fryer jiffy cornbread in air fryer oven jiffy cornbread mix in air fryer how to make jiffy cornbread in air fryer jiffy cornbread muffins in air fryer