Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Happy New Year, my mother has taught me that you always make collard greens on January 1st.
So, since, I’m trying to eat healthy, I thought I wouldn’t eat the traditional ones with ham hocks, rather, I added some flavor with onions and garlic, and my kids loved them.
Also, last night was the first night, I used this, it was GREAT and it created storage, without additional dishes, I highly recommend it
Dice the onions and garlic.
After the oil heats up, add the garlic and onions and saute until softened.
Nice, softened onions
Then add the collard greens and water
Nice flavor after cooking.
Don’t Forget to Pin:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1, (16-ounce) package of prewashed collard greens
- 1 cup of water or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Optional: Serve with crumbled bacon
- Start by adding the olive oil into the Instant Pot, and then press the saute button.
- GIve it 30 seconds, to let the olive oil heat up, then add the onions and garlic, and continue to saute’ until the onions are softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the collard greens and the water, and add the lid, set the manual high pressure for 20 minutes, letting it naturally release.
- Then strain the collard greens, and mix in the spices. If you would like to add some crumbled bacon.
- Enjoy and serve.