Instant Pot Lemon Curd is so good! If you have been looking for one of the easiest recipes for making lemon curd in your Instant Pot, this is so good!
If you have never made lemon curd but really have been looking for something delicious to put on your baked goods, this one is so good!
I happen to really love a great lemon smear on my scones, and so today, while the kids were doing some summer reading, I came up with this easy recipe, so good and easy!
What is Lemon Curd?
Lemon curd is usually served as a topping or spread. Typically it’s used on anything you would use jam on, from toast, bagels, scones, and sweet bread.
This also makes for an amazing filling, so if you have been looking for something for your homemade donuts, this is great!
How To Use Lemon Curd
- Donut Filling
- Pie Filling
- Cream Puff Filling
- Cheesecake Topping
- Pancake Topping
- Waffle Topping
Why Make Lemon Curd In Pressure Cooker?
Making lemon curd in a pressure cooker offers several benefits and advantages compared to traditional stovetop methods. Here are a few reasons why making lemon curd in a pressure cooker can be beneficial:
- Time-saving: Pressure cookers can significantly reduce the cooking time required for making lemon curd. The high-pressure environment inside the cooker helps accelerate the cooking process, allowing you to enjoy your homemade lemon curd in less time.
- Even and controlled heat distribution: Pressure cookers provide consistent and even heat distribution, which helps prevent the lemon curd from curdling or scorching. This ensures a smooth and silky texture without any lumps or graininess.
- Minimal stirring: Unlike stovetop methods that require constant stirring to prevent the curd from sticking or burning, a pressure cooker requires less stirring. This is because the sealed environment of the pressure cooker helps maintain moisture and prevents evaporation, minimizing the need for frequent stirring.
- Hands-off cooking: Once you place the ingredients in the pressure cooker and set the cooking time, you can leave it to cook independently without constant supervision. This frees up your time to attend to other tasks while your lemon curd cooks.
- Convenience and versatility: A pressure cooker allows you to make larger batches of lemon curd in a single cooking session. It also provides flexibility in adjusting the cooking time and pressure levels to achieve the desired consistency and tartness of the curd.
Making lemon curd in a pressure cooker can save time, provide consistent results, and offer a convenient and hands-off cooking experience.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Lemon Curd
Indulge in the luscious tanginess of homemade lemon curd with the convenience of an Instant Pot! With just a handful of simple ingredients, you can create a velvety-smooth and zesty delight that will elevate your desserts, breakfasts, and snacks. Prepare to awaken your taste buds as we explore the essential ingredients for Instant Pot Lemon Curd.
Get ready to embrace the vibrant flavors of fresh lemons, rich butter, delicate eggs, and a touch of sweetness, all beautifully combined to create a delectable citrus sensation. Join us on this culinary journey as we uncover the magic behind this irresistible treat. Let’s gather ingredients and embark on a tantalizing adventure with Instant Pot Lemon Curd!
Remember the step by step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom fo the post, as well as the nutritional information.
Here’s a detailed ingredient list for making lemon curd in an Instant Pot:
- Lemons: You’ll need about 4-5 medium-sized lemons to extract fresh lemon juice. Look for lemons with bright yellow skin and a firm texture. The tangy juice from the lemons will be the star ingredient in your lemon curd, providing its vibrant citrus flavor.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is used to sweeten the lemon curd. It balances the tartness of the lemons and enhances the overall taste. You’ll typically need around 1 cup of sugar, but you can adjust the amount based on your desired level of sweetness.
- Unsalted Butter: Choose high-quality unsalted butter, as it contributes to the richness and creaminess of the lemon curd. Approximately 1/2 cup of butter will be melted and incorporated into the curd, giving it a smooth and velvety texture.
- Eggs: The eggs are crucial in thickening the lemon curd and giving it a luscious consistency. You’ll typically need 4 large eggs to be whisked before adding them to the mixture.
- Lemon Zest: The zest from the lemons adds an extra burst of intense lemon flavor and aroma to the curd. It’s the colorful outer layer of the lemon peel, so make sure to grate or zest the lemons before juicing them.
That’s it! With these five simple ingredients, you’ll have everything necessary to create a delightful batch of lemon curd in your Instant Pot. Get ready to enjoy the tangy, creamy, and citrusy goodness that will elevate your desserts, fillings, and countless other culinary creations.
How To Make Instant Pot Lemon Curd
Unlock the secret to creating velvety-smooth, tangy lemon curd with the help of your trusty Instant Pot! Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this step-by-step guide will walk you through making luscious lemon curd bursting with bright citrus flavor. With just a handful of simple ingredients and the convenience of the Instant Pot, you’ll be able to whip up a batch of this creamy delight in no time. So, grab your lemons, prepare your Instant Pot, and embark on a culinary adventure as we dive into the homemade Instant Pot lemon curd world. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and impress your loved ones with this irresistible treat!
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Stir in lemon juice, eggs, and the additional yoke and grated lemon peel.
Then pour into mason jars, and add the lids. Then, add two cups of water in your Instant Pot, place your trivet inside, and finally, place the closed jars onto the trivet.
Add your lid, make sure the vent is closed, and set the timer for 9 minutes on manual high temperature. Let it naturally release when done.
Then let them come to room temperature and then refrigerate.
To ensure your lemon curd turns out absolutely perfect, here are some pro tips to keep in mind:
- Fresh Lemons: Always use fresh lemons for the best flavor. Avoid bottled lemon juice as it may lack freshly squeezed lemons’ fresh and vibrant taste.
- Zest Before Juicing: Remember to zest the lemons before juicing them. The zest contains essential oils that provide an intense lemon flavor. Use a microplane or fine grater to remove the colorful outer layer of the lemon peel gently.
- Strain the Juice: To prevent seeds or pulp from getting into your lemon curd, strain the freshly squeezed lemon juice through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth. This step ensures a smooth and silky texture.
- Use Unsalted Butter: Opt for unsalted butter in your lemon curd recipe. Salted butter may alter the flavor and make the curd taste too salty. Unsalted butter allows you to control the level of seasoning in your recipe.
- Whisk the Eggs Thoroughly: When whisking the eggs, make sure to thoroughly combine the yolks and whites to create a smooth mixture. This helps achieve a uniform texture in the lemon curd.
- Seal the Instant Pot Correctly: Double-check that the Instant Pot is properly sealed before starting the cooking process. This ensures that the pressure is maintained inside the pot, allowing for efficient and even cooking.
- Natural Pressure Release: After cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure before opening the lid. This helps prevent sudden temperature changes that can negatively affect the texture of the curd.
- Refrigerate to Thicken: For a thicker consistency, transfer the lemon curd to a container and refrigerate it for a few hours or overnight. The curd will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Store Properly: Keep the lemon curd in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can typically be stored for up to two weeks, but it’s so delicious that it’s unlikely to last that long!
Following these pro tips, you’ll achieve a delightful lemon curd with a smooth texture, vibrant flavor, and perfect balance of sweetness and tartness. Get ready to impress yourself and others with your homemade lemon curd expertise!
Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of fresh lemons?
It’s best to use fresh lemons for optimal flavor. Bottled lemon juice may lack the fresh and vibrant taste that freshly squeezed lemons provide.
Can I adjust the sweetness of the lemon curd?
Yes, you can adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe to suit your taste preferences. Start with the recommended amount and add more if desired, or reduce it if you prefer a tarter curd.
Can I freeze lemon curd?
Yes, lemon curd can be frozen. Place it in a freezer-safe container, leaving some room for expansion, and store it for up to three months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before using.
How long does homemade lemon curd last?
When stored properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator, homemade lemon curd can typically last for about two weeks. However, its delicious flavor often leads to it being consumed quickly!
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can double the ingredients to make a larger batch of lemon curd. Ensure that your Instant Pot has enough capacity to accommodate the increased volume.
What can I use lemon curd for?
Lemon curd is versatile and can be used in various ways. It’s commonly used as a filling for tarts, cakes, and pastries, or as a topping for scones, pancakes, and yogurt. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a tangy spread.
Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
It’s recommended to use unsalted butter in the recipe to have better control over the overall seasoning. Salted butter may alter the taste and make the curd too salty.
Can I make lemon curd without an Instant Pot?
Yes, lemon curd can be made on the stovetop using a double boiler method. However, using an Instant Pot provides the advantage of faster cooking and even heat distribution.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- INSTANT POT NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER
- INSTANT POT LEMON SALMON
- HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BOXED MAC N CHEESE
- INSTANT POT SWEET BELL PEPPER COUSCOUS (FIESTA)
- INSTANT POT HOMEMADE RICE PILAF
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Instant Pot Lemon Curd
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
Need two cups of water, which causes the air fryer to go up to pressure.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Then stir in lemon juice and eggs and the additional yoke and grated lemon peel.
- Then pour into mason jars, and add the lids.
- Then in your Instant Pot, add two cups of water, place your trivet inside, then place the closed jars onto the trivet.
- Add your lid, make sure the vent is closed, and set a time for 9 minutes on manual high temperature.
- Let it naturally release when done.
- Then let them come to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Pressure Cooker, Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi