How to make Instant Pot Boxed Mac N Cheese is a great Instant Pot Hack. If you love your Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, this is one of the BEST ways to make it, and better yet, you do not have to stand over the saucepan mixing. The Instant Pot does it all for you!
I showed this to my then 13-year-old son, and he was in love. All you need to do is dump the ingredients come in, and let the Instant Pot do all of the work!
There is nothing better, and if you have not made homemade Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese, put it on your list to try, and I promise you, you will be hooked!
If you are looking for some other great Instant Pot Pasta Recipes, some of my favorites are INSTANT POT CHICKEN FAJITA PASTA, INSTANT POT PASTA, FETA, AND TOMATOES, NINJA FOODI CHICKEN ALFREDO, and INSTANT POT SHRIMP SCAMPI.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Boxed Mac N Cheese
- Boxed Macaroni and Cheese
How to make Instant Pot Boxed Mac N Cheese
In the Instant Pot bowl, add the macaroni, water, milk, and butter.
Add the lid, make sure it’s in the sealing position and set manual high pressure for 4 minutes. When the time is up, do a quick release. If you do not do a quick release, your pasta will become sticky.
Add the cheese sauce packet and mix well. Mix until all of the cheese is absorbed into the pasta.
- The key to making any pasta in the Instant Pot is to make sure that the pasta is submerged underwater. If it is not, you will end up with dry pasta. For best results, always make sure that your pasta is underwater. If you need to add more water, to allow this, add more water.
- This recipe will work with all Instant Pot and Pressure Cooker Models.
- This recipe will work with any boxed Macaroni and Cheese, including Store Brand, Trader Joe’s, Costco, Annie’s, and other brands. Both Gluten-Free and regular as well.
- For Gluten-Free Macaroni and Cheese, I would recommend adding a minute or two.
How Much Water Do You Need for Boxed Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
As stated above, the key would be to make sure that your pasta is all covered in water, othwerise you will end up with hard and dried out pasta.
If you do add too much water, you will need to drain the pasta. If your water line is slighly above the pastas, which is ideal, ther will be no need to drain the pasta.
Do You Natural Release Or Quick Release Instant Pot
For most pasta dishes prepared in the Instnat Pot, you will do a quick release. If you let the Instnat Pot release pressure naturally, what you will find is htat you will end up with sticky and gummy pasta.
So, as soon as the Instant Pot is done cooking, open the valve (carefully) and release the pressure.
Does This Work For Liquid Cheese Macaroni And Cheese
I have not tried this, but I would recommend that you drain your pasta, before cooking it in the Insant.
Some Popular Mix Ins For Macaorni & Cheese:
- Hot Dogs
- Green Peas and Ham
Some Other Great Instnat Pot Pasta Recipes:
- INSTANT POT BACON CARBONARA
- INSTANT POT PASTA, FETA, AND TOMATOES
- NINJA FOODI COPYCAT MAC & CHEESE
- INSTANT POT SHRIMP SCAMPI
- INSTANT POT BOLOGNESE SAUCE
- 1 package of any 7.25 ounce macaroni and cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- In the Instant Pot bowl, add the macaroni, water, milk, and butter.
- Add the lid, make sure it’s in the sealing position and set manual high pressure for 4 minutes. When the time is up, do a quick release. If you do not do a quick release, your pasta will become sticky.
- Add the cheese sauce packet and mix well. Mix until all of the cheese is absorbed into the pasta.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.