How to Make Instant Pot Boxed Mac N Cheese — Ah, macaroni and cheese. It’s a classic dish that brings fond memories of childhood home cooking too many households. But let’s face it – making traditional stovetop mac n cheese can be time-consuming, especially if you’re trying to make something quickly.
That’s where the Instant Pot comes in – allowing you to cut down on prep time so that this comforting dish is ready quicker than ever! This blog post will share tips for making delicious boxed mac n cheese using your Instant Pot. With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can prepare an indulgent meal with minimal effort and no compromise on flavor!
This is something that I make almost every week, so I wanted to write a step-by-step guide for making Boxed Mac & Cheese in the Instant Pot for everyone just starting in their journey with the Instant Pot or any pressure cooker.
It’s a great starter recipe, and I consider it one of the most incredible hacks of mankind (ok, probably not mankind, but you know what I mean). And the fact that you don’t have to watch it means I can concentrate on the main dish, which is probably being made in the Air Fryer.
What Type Of Boxed Macaroni and Cheese Can You Make In Instant Pot?
Making macaroni and cheese in an Instant Pot is a great way to get delicious, creamy cheese sauce with perfectly cooked macaroni. The best-boxed macaroni and cheese in the Instant Pot are designed for stovetop cooking. This ensures the pasta will cook evenly without becoming too mushy or dry.
Some of my favorites are:
- Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- Upton’s Naturals
- Kroger Boxed Macaroni and Cheese
- Simple Truth
- Freak Flag
- 365 Boxed Macaroni and Cheese
- Cracker Barrel Macaroni and Cheese (Boxed)
- Banza Mac & Cheese Made with Chickpea Pasta
- Velveeta Shells and Cheese
- Annie’s Homegrown Boxed Macaroni and Cheese
- Trader Joe’s Macaroni and Cheese Boxed
How To Make How to Make Instant Pot Boxed Mac N Cheese
Boxed macaroni and cheese is a classic go-to food for many of us – it’s cheap to make, can be quickly whipped up, and doesn’t require you to have the culinary skills of a world champion. But did you know that with the help of your Instant Pot, you can make your favorite boxed mac n’ cheese even easier?
Doing so means no watching over the stove or worrying about sticking or burning since the pressure cooker takes care of all that hard work! In this post, you’ll get step-by-step instructions on how to turn any box of instant mac n’ cheese into hearty comfort food in just minutes. From prepping the ingredients to knowing when your dish is done cooking, learn everything there is to know about making delicious mac ‘n cheese in an Instant Pot!
Step By Step
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin: How to Make Instant Pot Boxed Mac N Cheese
How to Make Instant Pot Boxed Mac N Cheese
- 1 box Mac & Cheese, any type
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package cheese packet, the one that comes with it
- Pour the macaroni, 1 cup of water, and 1/4 cup of milk into the Instant Pot.
- Set the lid on, making sure it’s in a sealed position. And set the timer for 4 minutes at manual high pressure.
- Now probably one of the most important steps in making this. When the time is up, you must release the pressure of the Instant Pot, otherwise, you will end up with sticky and gluey pasta.
- Mix in the butter, and milk, and of course the cheese packet. Mix well.
- Continue to mix, until all of the cheese packet is absorbed by the liquid.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Pressure Cooker