My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was awesome in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on Mondays, so I made muffins, on Sunday night, just like my mom and they always grab them on Monday mornings. I guess traditions are important. So, if you are having trouble with breakfast, try this one, and let me know how they work for you.
Muffins are the perfect breakfast food. They are a great healthy alternative for breakfast on the go. Whatever the muffin, it’s sure to be sweet, crumbly and delicious.
I love eating muffins all year round; they are perfect on the go-to breakfast. I always make a huge batch on Sunday, so my husband can bring them to work during the week. These are my favorite muffins, I have been eating them since I was a little girl. I’m not sure where the recipe came from, but they are amazing! My kids also love them, because they are nice and chocolaty, who doesn’t love chocolate.
This morning, I used my new Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer, which I purchased additional trays for, I found these too at Amazon and ordered them, they work perfectly, as you can see from the picture. So, if you need additional accessories for the Vortex, you can find them here:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer, Quick Cherry Turnovers
Four ingredients and an air fryer, and you have a homemade pastry, which is amazingly easy and simple. My kids love the flavor and I love that I can make it, in less than 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package crescent dough sheets
- 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- Start by laying out your dough.
- Then cut the sheet into 4 pieces.
- I sprayed this tray, which fits into my Omni, if you don’t have a baking sheet that will fit into your air fryer, just spray the tray or basket.
- I placed the dough piece directly on the sprayed tray, so it would drop when I moved it, and then place 2 tablespoons of cherry pie filling on top.
- Seal the edges, with a fork, or just press the dough together with your fingers.
- Set in the air fryer on air fryer setting for 5 minutes t 320 degrees F.
- Let cool slightly, and then mix together the powdered sugar and milk, drizzle over it.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!