Air Fryer Bananas Foster — Bananas Foster is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that you can make in your own home. You will need to use bananas, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and rum (or banana liqueur). The ingredients are mixed and then heated until the sauce thickens. Serve it over ice cream! It’s great for parties or even when you’re alone at night watching TV.
What Is Bananas Foster?
Bananas Foster has been a popular dessert in the United States since the 1950s. Created by Paul Blange at Brennan’s Restaurant in New Orleans, Louisiana, this dish is made with bananas that are flambéed (lit on fire) and served over vanilla ice cream.
Bananas Foster can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a dessert after lunch or dinner. It is an exciting mix of sweet and spicy flavors that will keep you coming back for more! This recipe includes step-by-step instructions to help guide you through the process of making your banana foster at home! Right in your air fryer! Oh, so good!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Bananas Foster
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream
How To Make Air Fryer Bananas Foster
With the peel still on, cut the banana lengthways straight down the middle. In a small bowl, mix sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over banana halves.
Line air fryer basket with parchment paper and preheat to 400˚F, air fryer setting. Place banana halves into the basket and cook for about 6 minutes, until brown and bubbling on top.
In a large skillet, add the butter, mix in the brown sugar, rum, pure vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon. Bring to a slight simmer over low-medium heat.
Peel the banans, put them into a bowl, pour the sauce on top, and add vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
How To Make Bananas Foster– Some Tips!
- Simmer the sauce until it’s thickened. It makes for a terrific sauce.
- Be extremely careful when you add the rum to the skillet. Alcohol will cause a small flame, so be careful to watch the
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
What Kind Of Rum For Bananas Foster?
The best rum to use for a traditional Banana Foster is a rum that is 80 proof or higher. If you do not want to use alcohol for this recipe, you can use banana liqueur, which does not have any alcoholic in it. Using Banana Liqueur will make a tremendous non-alcoholic version of this popular dessert.
Can Bananas Foster Be Made Ahead?
Can Bananas Foster Be Made Ahead? Is it possible to make this decadent dessert ahead of time, or does it need to be served immediately upon completion? The answer is yes!
You can make Bananas Foster ahead of time and enjoy the deliciousness when you are ready. Allowing this dish to sit overnight in the fridge will allow all the flavor profiles (banana, brown sugar, vanilla) to come together even better. It’s like magic!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET CUPCAKES
- HOW TO MAKE FROZEN HAMBURGERS IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER VALENTINE’S DAY HEART SUGAR COOKIES
- EASY AIR FRYER VALENTINE CUPCAKES
- AIR FRYER EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST
Air Fryer Bananas Foster
- 2 large bananas
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rum or banana liquero
- 1 teaspoon pure vanllia extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla ice crream or whipped craem
- With the peel still on, cut banana lengthways straight down the middle. In a small bowl, mix sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over banana halves.
- Line air fryer basket with parchment paper and preheat to 400˚F, air fryer setting. Place banana halves into the basket and cook for about 6 minutes, until brown and bubbling on top.
- In a large skillet, add the butter, mix in the dark brown sugar, rum, pure vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon. Bring to a slight simmer over low-medium heat.
- Peel the banans, put them into a bowl, pour the sauce on top, and add vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Air Fryer