Air Fryer Valentine Cupcakes — These Air Fryer Valentine Cupcakes are the perfect treat for your loved one this Valentine’s Day. They’re easy to make and only take a few ingredients!
Not only is it Valentine’s Day, but the weather has been a bit chilly lately. So what better way to spend your day off than baking some delicious cupcakes? These Air Fryer Valentine Cupcakes are not only adorable and simple to make, and they bake up gorgeously in the air fryer!
This will make a fantastic dessert on Valentine’s Day or any day! And this is a great baking project to do with the kids!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Valentine Cupcakes
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Evaporated Milk
- All-Purpose Flour
How To Make Air Fryer Valentine Cupcakes
In a large bowl, mix the unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and boiling water. Mix until smooth, then let cool to room temperature.
In another bowl, mix the butter, vegetable oil, sugar, pure vanilla extract, salt, eggs, egg yolks, evaporated milk, and mix well. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the wet mixture, and then fold in the flour.
Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners, and then fill about 2/3 the way full. Place the pan into the air fryer and air fry at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 12 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- For best results when baking, use room temperature eggs and butter.
- Since every air fryer cooks differently, for best results, check on your cupcakes frequently during the cooking process.
- I have found that using metal muffin tin works better than using a silicone muffin liner.
- This recipe will work in any air fryer basket or oven model. If you use an oven, remember to place the muffin tin on the lowest tray so the middle cooks up perfectly.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
Pro Tips for Frosting Cupcakes:
There are many ways to frost cupcakes, but there is no one right way. It’s all about preference and what you’re in the mood for.
There are two great recipes for these chocolate cupcakes, both Buttercream Frosting and Cream Cheese Frosting:
Buttercream Frosting: The buttercream frosting method provides a nice rich flavor that complements cake flavors well. If it has been refrigerated, let it come to room temperature before spreading. Make sure not to use too much pressure when applying, or else you might smoosh your baked goods instead of decorating them with perfect swirls and peaks!
Cream Cheese Frosting: A classic favorite, cream cheese frosting goes perfectly on these chocolate cupcakes.
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: These cupcakes are the best tasting chocolate cupcakes you will ever try! These delicious treats can be stored in their frosted state for up to two days.
If you want to make these ahead of time, allow the cupcakes to cool, remove them from the pan, and place them on a cooling rack before putting them into an airtight container. They will last for about a week or in the freezer for about a month.
To freeze: These make for a great make-ahead treat, let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into a freezer bag. They will last for a month. Thaw at room temperature before frosting and decorating.
Some Great Valentine’s Day Cupcake Decorations:
- Queen of Pop Sprinkles| Valentine’s Day Pink Black Ladies Birthday Princess Colorful Candy Sprinkles Mix For Baking Edible Cake Decorations Cupcake Toppers Cookie Decorating Ice Cream Toppings, 4OZ
- Wilton Edible Glitter, Pink Hearts, 1.7 g
- The Sugar Art – DiamonDust – Edible Glitter For Decorating Cakes, Cupcakes, Cake Pops, & More – Sprinkle on Sparkle and Luster to Sweets – Kosher, Food-Grade Coloring – Rose Gold – 3 grams
Air Fryer Valentine Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup unsweeted cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sguar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, mix the unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and boiling water. Mix until smooth, then let cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, mix the butter, vegetable oil, sugar, pure vanilla extract, salt, eggs, egg yolks, evaporated milk, and mix well. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the wet mixture, and then fold in the flour.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners, and then fill about 2/3 the way full. Place the pan into the air fryer and air fry at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 12 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool before decorating.
- Air Fryer