Air Fryer Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes — Whoever said that cooking is hard never had Air Fryer Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes. These treats are the best of both worlds, with a crispy exterior and gooey ice cream on the inside. They’re perfect for any occasion, but especially when you want to impress your friends!
These ice cream cone cupcakes are an old favorite that I’ve been making since the days of my childhood.
To make them extra special, you’ll top everything off with a chocolate and vanilla twist: creamy swirls of frosting! Now, there’s something worth grabbing on any summer day or whenever it hits 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside, too hot even for this air frying gal who loves baked goods as much as sunshine!
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Looking for a fun and simple recipe to make this summer? Check out these Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes! They’re perfect for kids, they taste delicious, and you can even get creative with the toppings.
These cupcakes are also great if you happen to be hosting an ice cream party or birthday celebration. You can’t go wrong with these sweet treats!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- Ice Cream Cone Cups
- Vanilla Frosting
How To Make Air Fryer Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
In a large mixing bowl, prepare the cake mix according to directions on the packaging.
Working in batches, place several ice cream cones into your muffin pan, standing up. Spoon batter into each cone to fill halfway. Carefully place the tray into your air fryer and cook at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 9-12 minutes, depending on your air fryer.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before spreading or piping vanilla frosting on top to resemble the ice cream on a cone. Top with sprinkles and serve!
Expert Tips & Tricks:
- Favorite Cake Flavor: Create your own ice cream cone flavor by filling it with cake batter. Start with your favorite cake flavor, and you can use lemon, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or even carrot cake!
- Sprinkles: For a great holiday treat, add your sprinkles. You can add red and white for Valentine’s Day, Red, Green, and White for Christmas, Blue and White for Hanukkah, Orange and Black for Halloween, Green, and White for St. Patrick’s Day, and even Pastales for Easter! A great treat that the kids will love (and the adults too)
- Homemade or Store-Bought: Either will work, use your favorite homemade cake mix for any flavor! The recipe will remain the same!
- Filling: Only fill your cupcake cones about halfway. Otherwise, they will spill over as they are cooked.
- Muffin Tin: To prevent the Air Fryer Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from falling over, use a muffin tin that fits inside your air fryer basket. Remember to measure the inside of your air fryer basket to make sure your pan fits inside the basket.
How To Decorate
The best thing about this recipe is that you can use your favorite toppings to create a fun and easy dessert to please your family!
Some great toppings:
- Buttercream Frosting
- Store-Bought Frosting
- Chocolate Sprinkles or Shavings
- Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Diced Nuts
- Dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries, strawberries, etc.
- Melted white chocolate drizzled over the top
- Crushed Oreos
- Crushed Gingersnaps
How to Transport Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes?
The iced cupcakes are a great way to enjoy your favorite ice cream cone. They’re also perfect for those who don’t like the mess of an ice cream cone, and you can make them in any flavor!
But how do you transport these delectable treats? Follow these few simple steps, and you’ll be on your way to enjoying cake cones with the entire family.
- Line your muffin tin with aluminum foil, making a base for your ice cream cones.
- Then place them into the muffin tin.
- Place the muffin tin into a large box to transport.
How To Prevent Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes From Getting Soggy?
Have you ever had a cupcake that was so delicious, but it got soggy? This is an issue for most people. Thankfully, there are some things you can do to prevent this from happening. First, make sure to cool your cupcakes entirely before putting on the icing.
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes:
- AIR FRYER PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE FOR TWO
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER BANANAS
- EASY AIR FRYER BAKED PEARS
- AIR FRYER CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- AIR FRYER CREAM PUFFS
Air Fryer Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes — Whoever said that cooking is hard never had Air Fryer Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes. These treats are the best of both worlds, with a crispy exterior and gooey ice cream on the inside. They're perfect for any occasion, but especially when you want to impress your friends!
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix
- 24 24 flat bottomed ice cream cone cups
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
In a large mixing bowl, prepare the cake mix according to directions on packaging.
Working in batches, place several ice cram cones into your muffin pan, standing up.
Spoon the batter into each cone to fill halfway.
Carefully place teh tray into your air fryer and cook at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 9 to 12 minutes. The time will depedn on your air fryer.
Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before speraing or piping vanilla frosting on top, to resemenle the ice cream on a cone.
Sprinkle your psrinke on top.
Plate, serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.
Cooked in a 5.8qt Cosori Air Fryer.