Air Fryer Chocolate Cupcakes are amazing! They are light, moist, and absolutely full of chocolate flavor. Is there anything else?
With this homemade chocolate buttercream on top, this will soon become one of your favorite Air Fryer Desserts of all time!
If you have been looking for something absolutely delicious to make if your air fryer, this is one of my favorites, it’s pure indulgence, with the chocolate flavor throughout the cupcake. I love a great cupcake.
If you have been looking for even more Air Fryer Dessert Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS, AIR FRYER NUTELLA CROISSANTS, AIR FRYER COOKIE DOUGH EGG ROLLS, and AIR FRYER APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS.
The Best Air Fryer Chocolate Cupcakes
The key to a great batch of homemade cupcakes, whether in the air fryer or oven, is to start with good quality ingredients.
There are a few tricks to make moist cupcakes. They are room-temperature ingredients, not overmixing the batter, and checking the cupcakes frequently during the cooking process.
Room temperature ingredients are essential for baking since they tend to mix better. The most important ingredients to be at room temperature at butter, eggs, cream cheese, and milk.
Not over mixing the batter is another key to a great batch of homemade cupcakes. When you overmix the batter for baked goods, the batter will cause your baked goods to become dense and hard.
So, once you mix the batter, place it aside.
Checking the cupcakes during air frying. Since every air fryer is a bit different, it’s important to cook them and remove them as soon as they are done. Otherwise, they will overbake.
The sure-fire way to check for doneness of baked goods is to stick a toothpick into the center of the cupcake. If it comes out clean, remove your cupcakes, they’re done baking.
Ingredients In Air Fryer Chocolate Cupcakes
- All-Purpose Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
How To Make Air Fryer Chocolate Cupcakes
In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In another mixing bowl, add the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. Slowly, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix well. Then slowly pour the water into the mixture.
Spray your muffin tin with olive oil, or if you are using muffin liners, fill the cupcake pan. Pour the batter into the muffin tins, filling out about 2/3 the way. Set into the air fryer for 9-12 minutes, at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
What is the best cocoa to use?
While, you can use any unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe, I find that some of my favorites are:
- Anthony’s Organic Cocoa Powder, 2 Pound, Gluten-Free & Non-GMO
- Eat Well Premium Foods – Cacao Powder 32 oz (2 lb) Bag, Dark Cacao Powder, Dutch-process Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened Cocoa, Baking Cocoa Powder, % 100 Natural
How Do You Bake These In An Oven?
These are really easy to make in a regular oven, preheat hte oven to 350 degrees F, and then bake for about 18 to 22 minutes.
Bake until you place a toothpick into the center, and it comes out of them clean.
Can I make this into a Cake?
This can easily be made into a cake. However, you would need to double the recipe so that you would have enough batter. I would recommend that you use a 9-inch cake pan for baking this in the air fryer.
What Cupcakes Pans Can I Use In The Air Fryer?
While you can use a variety of pans for baking in the air fryer here are some of my favorites: (affiliate links included)
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- Optional: Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, add the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Slowly, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Then slowly pour the water into the mixture.
- Spray your muffin tin with olive oil, or if you are using muffin liners, fill the cupcake pan.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins, filling out about 2/3 the way.
- Set into the air fryer for 9-12 minutes, at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Let cool before decorating.