I have been making this for years, tonight I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub… I used a really easy jar sauce, which paired nicely for it, and it’s KETO friendly, so that was a great staple to have on hand if you are doing KETO, otherwise, just use a regular old marinara (pasta) sauce, for dipping.
This sausage is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat. Also, they re really filling, so if you are doing KETO, they are great snacks.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying sausage:
- Seasoning your sausage is important, it will absorb any spice that you add.
- Most sausage dishes can be prepped ahead of time, and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the sausage with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) sausage.
- Always flip the sausage halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked sausage is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, KETO Italian Sausage Bites
These are great snacks and appetizers. They are also KETO friendly, so they are easy to make a batch and eat for a few weeks (remember to refrigerate them)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Start by cutting your sausages into about 3-inch pieces.
- Then I used toothpicks, found in the grocery store, and threaded them on it.
- Place on the air fryer basket or tray, spray generously with olive oil, and set the temperature to 400 degrees 160 F, for 5 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Flip, spray again and set the timer for another 5 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer, the general guideline for pork is about degrees.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!