This is one of the most requested recipes for me to make, I literally get about 10 emails a week asking me to prepare liver and onions in the air fryer. So, yesterday I was at the butcher shop. I found a great package of beef liver, so I quickly grabbed that and a bag of onions, I knew exactly what I would be making, while my kids were doing school. Today’s project, Air Fryer Liver and Onions.
This is not a complicated recipes, like most of my recipes, it is very straight forward, I actually made this recipe twice and figured out how to get the best result.
If you have never eaten liver and onions, there is only two ways that I know how to make liver and onions battered and non-battered. I started with teh unbattered version since that’s what everyone seemed to be looking for a recipe for.
It is simple, it was traditionally prepared in a cast-iron skillet, or griddle, depending on where you grew up. It was always served with onions. The seasonings were pretty easy, I used salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and some dry mustard.
There are a few ways in the United States that you purchase liver, it comes in either chicken liver, beef liver, veal liver, or baby beef liver. I do not recommend using the regular beef liver as it is very tough.
Here are Some Other Beef Recipes–
Here Are The Ingredients For My Air Fryer Liver And Onion Recipe–
- Baby calves liver
- Onions sliced into rings
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dry mustard
Here Are The Simple Steps For My Air Fryer Liver and Onion Recipe-
Some Helpful Tools For This Recipe–
Food Tongs, Hiash Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Kitchen Tongs for Cooking, Barbecue, Serving Scissors Tongs – Buffet Pliers 9 Inch
Don’t Forget to Pin, Air Fryer Liver and Onions—Print
Air Fryer Old-Fashioned Liver and Onions
Nothing like a good-old-fashioned liver and onions cooked in the air fryer. I used a few simple spices to get this dish air fried to perfection.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 11
- Total Time: 21
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 pounds of baby calves liver
- 2 onions sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Start by peeling the onions, and then slice them horizontally into rings.
- Place your onion rings into a large mixing bowl. Season them with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, dry mustard, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Toss the onions into an air fryer basket.
- Season your liver with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, and smoked paprika. Season on both sides.
- Place the liver on top of the onions in the basket. And set the temperature to 370 degrees F, for 7 minutes.
- The liver was fully cooked, so I removed it and placed it on a plate.
- I used a pair on tongs and tossed the onions and set the air fryer for another 4 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!