Air Fryer Cheesy Potato Recipe — For a side dish that is full of flavor and cheesy goodness, try this delicious air fryer cheesy potato recipe! Ready in only 25 minutes, you can enjoy soft interior and crisp exterior potatoes paired with gooey cheese – the perfect combination for any meal.
Best of all: it’s easy to make with simple ingredients, saving time and effort without sacrificing taste. So get ready for a perfect side dish that will leave everyone at your dinner table asking for more.
This is a true comfort food, making a delicious side dish that will go with any of your main dishes. And with less than 5 minutes of prep time, you will love this easy cheesy potatoes recipe!
The Best Air Fryer Cheesy Potato Recipe
Looking for a delicious and easy side dish? Look no further than this recipe for Air Fryer Cheesy Potatoes! With crispy edges and a gooey, cheesy center, these potatoes will surely be a hit at any meal. Plus, cooking them in the air fryer makes them healthier than traditional baked or fried potatoes. Whether you’re serving them as a side dish for dinner or as a tasty snack, these Air Fryer Cheesy Potatoes are sure to satisfy your cravings.
If you love my recipe for air fryer potato skins, you will love this. They are the perfect snack; after all, who doesn’t love melty cheese on a potato? Some other great recipes for air fryer potatoes are Air Fryer Steakhouse Baked Potatoes, Air Fryer Potato Wedges, Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes, and Air Fryer Au Gratin potatoes.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cheesy Potatoes
Do you love indulging in mouthwatering and flavorful potatoes? Have you ever wondered how to make air fryer cheesy potatoes? Well, this tasty treat does not need to take all day! Creating the perfect batch of these delicious potatoes can be done with just a few simple ingredients and steps. If you’re looking for an easy way to impress your dinner guests or give yourself something special for dinner, then these air fryer cheesy potatoes are sure to do the trick!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card, as well as the nutrition information.
- Potatoes: Use firm potatoes, such as Russet potatoes, Baby Potatoes, or even Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Butter: Use unsalted butter that has been melted; you can also use olive oil.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: For best results, use freshly grated cheese, etc.
- Toppings: Sour Cream, Sliced Green Onions, Bacon Bits
- Seasonings and Spices: Kosher Salt, Garlic Powder, Paprika, and Black Pepper
How To Cook Cheesy Potatoes In Air Fryer
Are you looking for a delicious and easy way to whip up a hearty side dish in no time? Air-fried cheesy potatoes are far from difficult to make, but they will certainly please! From prepping your ingredients to air-frying your finished potato slices, this delectable savory treat is an effortless and flavorful meal for the whole family. Lucky for you, we’ll show you exactly how to accomplish tasty perfection with these simple step-by-step instructions.
Step One: Prepare The Potatoes
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F (200°C) for 3-5 minutes. Place the bottom of the potato on a cutting board, and cut potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2 thick slices.
Combine the melted butter, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper in a small bowl. Add the sliced potatoes to the bowl, toss them well, and coat them with the butter mixture.
Step Two: Air Fry Cheesy Potatoes
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, brush with olive oil, or line with parchment paper. Transfer the potato mixture to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Set the cooking time for 15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
Step Three: Add The Cheese
After 15 minutes, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the potatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Step Four: Serving
Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, and serve immediately.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Cheesy Potatoes
- Use the right type of potatoes: The best potatoes are the ones that are good for baking, such as Russet red potatoes or Yukon Gold. These potatoes have a high starch content, giving you a crispy exterior and fluffy interior.
- Cut the potatoes evenly: To ensure even cooking, cut the potatoes into uniform pieces. Aim for 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Preheat the air fryer: Make sure to preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the potatoes. This will help them cook more evenly.
- Cook Times: The cook times will vary based on the air fryer that you are using; you can cook this in the Ninja Foodi or a 5-quart air fryer, and the recipe will work the same.
- Toss the potatoes in oil: Tossing them in olive oil or butter will help them crisp up in the air fryer. Use a neutral oil like canola or vegetable oil, and make sure to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Season well: Don’t be shy with the seasonings! Use your favorite spices to add flavor to the potatoes. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika are all good choices.
- Add the cheese towards the end: To prevent it from burning, add it to the potatoes during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer: Make sure to cook the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer. Overcrowding the fryer will result in unevenly cooked potatoes.
- Shake the basket: Shake the air fryer basket a few times during cooking to ensure the potatoes cook evenly on all sides.
- Let them rest: Once the potatoes are done cooking, rest in the air fryer for a few minutes before serving. This will help them crisp up even more.
- Serve immediately: Cheesy potatoes are best served immediately while hot and crisp.
How To Store
Store any leftover cheesy potatoes after they have cooled to room temperature. Then place them into an airtight container, or wrap them tightly wtih plastic wrap, where they will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. You can reheat them in the air fryer or microwave. Add some additional cheese, and cook until the melted cheese is achieved.
Best Toppings For Cheesy Air Fryer Potatoes
Some of my favorite toppings for cheesy air fryer potatoes include chopped green onions, crumbled crispy bacon, parmesan chees, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, chopped bell peppers, sour cream, and hot sauce. You can also experiment with different types of shredded cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack, to add more flavor and texture to your dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of potatoes should I use for cheesy potatoes?
Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes are popular choices for cheesy potatoes because they hold their shape well when cooked and have a creamy texture.
Should I peel the potatoes before cooking them?
It’s a personal preference, but you can leave the skins on for extra texture and nutrition.
Can I make cheesy potatoes ahead of time?
Yes, you can make cheesy potatoes ahead of time and reheat them in the oven or microwave. However, the texture may not be as crispy as freshly cooked potatoes.
Can I add other ingredients to the cheesy potatoes?
Absolutely! To customize the recipe, you can add bacon bits, nacho cheese, parmesan cheese, taco seasoning, green onions, jalapenos, or any other toppings you like.
How do I prevent the cheese from burning in the air fryer?
To prevent the cheese from burning, you can cover the potatoes with foil during the first half of cooking and then remove the foil during the last few minutes to let the cheese melt and get crispy.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER SCALLION PANCAKES
- AIR FRYER CRISPY SHRIMP
- KETO AIR FRYER PICKLES
- AIR FRYER NAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER ST. LOUIS-STYLE SPARE RIBS
Air Fryer Cheesy Potato Recipe
- 4 large Russett Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, unsalted
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Serve: Sour Cream, Sliced Green Onions, Cooked Bacon, etc.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F (200°C) for 3-5 minutes. Place the bottom of the potato on a cutting board, and cut potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2 thick slices.
- Combine the melted butter, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper in a small bowl. Add the sliced potatoes to the bowl, toss them well, and coat them with the butter mixture.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, brush with olive oil, or line with parchment paper. Transfer the potato mixture to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Set the cooking time for 15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- After 15 minutes, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the potatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional