If you’re like me, you love potato wedges. They’re the perfect comfort food – crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. But if you’re not like me and you don’t have an air fryer, then making potato wedges can be a little bit of a pain. That’s where this recipe comes in! These Air Fryer Potato Wedges are super easy to make and they come out perfectly every time.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges are one of the simplest air fryer side dishes you can make. They are amazingly awesome. This is a healthy dish since you do not use a lot of oil, like traditional french fries.
The nice thing about air fryer potato wedges is that they really crisp up in the air fryer. This is a much healthier recipe since there is hardly any oil involved, rather than traditional potato wedges, fried in oil.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
These are so much easier to make than French fries, not only can you cut them freely, but you don’t need any special device. You can season them however you like. There are so many ways to change this dish.
Today, I used a simple seasoning on my Air Fryer Potato Wedges, and my kids loved them, and they go with almost any meal.
If you love a batch of crispy air fryer potato wedges this is going to be one of your favorite recipes! They are soon going to be one of your family’s favorites! They are so good! And who doesn’t love a great homemade potato wedges recipe?
Some Tips For Making Wedges Extra Crispy
There’s nothing like a good recipe for crispy potato wedges to start a meal or a tasty snack There are really two keys. Start by soaking your potato wedges in a bowl of cold water. This water will help remove the excess starch. Then use a kitchen towel or paper towels, and dry the wedges are much as possible.
Following those two tips, the hot air from the air fryer will give you an amazing plate of crispy potatoes!
Ingredients Needed For Crispy Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Looking for a delicious and crispy potato wedges recipe? Look no further than your air fryer! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have the perfect side dish for any meal. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
Remember all of the details are below, in a printable recipe card, and the full recipe.
- Potatoes; Uss Russet potatoes, red potatoes, or Yukon gold potatoes Any white potato will work. Any white baking potato.
- Oil: Use any high-heat oil, such as avocado oil, coconut oil, truffle oil, olive oil, or grapeseed soil.
- Parmesan Cheese; For some added flavor!
- Garlic: Use fresh garlic, garlic salt, or garlic powder.
- Seasonings and Spices: Kosher Salt, (or seasoning salt), Black Pepper, Parsley, fresh parsley, chili powder, cayenne pepper, or Italian seasoning.
How To Cook Potato Wedges In Air Fryer
Following these simple steps will give a foolproof air fryer potato wedges recipe.
Prepare The Air Fryer Basket: Preheat the air fryer to 400* for 10 minutes, and spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray, or oil spray.
Prep Potatoes: Cut potatoes in half and add to a large bowl. Keep the skin on. Add the raw potato wedges to a large bowl, filled with cold water, and ice cubes. Let sit for about 30 minutes, then use a clean kitchen towel or paper towel, and dry the potatoes. This extra step will give you the best crispy potato wedges.
Season Potatoes: In a large bowl, combine truffle oil, minced garlic, and olive oil. Whisk, then pour the potatoes into the bowl. Add truffle salt, sea salt, parmesan, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
How Long To Cook Potato Wedges In Air Fryer?
Place potatoes into the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and cook for 15 minutes, stop halfway through and shake the basket to redistribute the potatoes.
Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!
Pro Tips For The Best Easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Everyone loves a good potato wedge. And luckily, they’re really easy to make in an air fryer. But if you’ve never made them before, it can be tricky to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together some pro tips for the best easy air fryer potato wedges. Keep reading to learn more!
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F before adding the potato wedges, for a crispy exterior.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges that are all about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Season the potatoes with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper before cooking.
- Cook the potato wedges in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding in the air fryer basket. The number of wedges will depend on the size of your air-fryer basket.
- Shake or flip the potato wedges halfway through cooking for even browning on all sides.
- Timing: Since all air fryer cook different, it’s important that you check on your potato wedges frequently for best results, since the cooking time will vary.
How To Cut Potato Wedges
First, wash and dry the potato. Next, cut off both ends of the potato so it has flat surfaces to rest on. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, on a cutting board, then slice each half into wedges. If desired, you can also cut these wedges in half into smaller pieces. You can also quarter the potatoes.
What Potato Is Best For Wedges
When it comes to potato wedges, starchy potatoes like russets or Yukon golds work best. These types of potatoes have a fluffy interior when cooked, making for crispy and delicious wedges. Waxy potatoes like red potatoes can also be used, but they may not get as crispy. You can also use sweet potatoes, for a great batch of sweet potato wedges!
What Dipping Sauce Should You Serve With YOur Seasoned Potato Wedges
As for dipping sauce, there are a variety of options that pair well with seasoned potato wedges. Popular favorites include ranch dressing, sour cream and chive dip, BBQ sauce, ketchup, and even honey mustard. Experiment with different sauces to find your perfect match! And don’t be afraid to get creative – try serving the wedges
How To Reheat Potato Wedges
Oven: To reheat your potato wedges, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the wedges on a baking sheet, making sure they are not overlapping. Bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through until they are heated through and crispy. Alternatively, you can also reheat them in a skillet over medium heat with a bit of oil until they are hot and crispy on the outside. Enjoy your delicious reheated potato wedges as a snack or side dish!
How To Reheat Potato Wedges In Air Fryer
1. Place the potato wedges in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray, making sure they are spread out in a single layer.
2. Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Flip the wedges and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, until
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
Calling all of the potato lovers, here are some of my favorite Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- AIR FRYER RED POTATOES RECIPE
- HOW TO REHEAT SWEET POTATO FRIES IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER SALT AND VINEGAR POTATO CHIPS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN SWEET POTATO TOTS
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 bulbs garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400* for 10 minutes, and spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray, or oil spray.
- Cut potatoes in half and add to a large bowl. Keep the skin on. Add the raw potato wedges to a large bowl, filled with cold water, and ice cubes. Let sit for about 30 minutes, then use a clean kitchen towel or paper towel, and dry the potatoes. This extra step will give you the best crispy potato wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine truffle oil, minced garlic, and olive oil. Whisk, then pour the potatoes into the bowl. Add truffle salt, sea salt, parmesan, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place potatoes into the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and cook for 15 minutes, stop halfway through and shake the basket to redistribute the potatoes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!
- Air Fryer