Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings are probably one of the best KETO snacks I have ever eaten, and you do not have to be on a KETO or Low-Carb Diet to enjoy these; anyone can. They are straightforward and make and only require a few ingredients.
These snacks are the best appetizers for the upcoming Superbowl or just for a game night with the family. My kids absolutely loved them, and they are so simple to make. Two ingredients, toothpicks, and an air fryer, and you are all set.
Who doesn’t love Bacon Onion Rings? There are so many ways to make this classic even better. At the end of the post, I gave you my favorite twists.
If you have not had bacon in the air fryer yet, it’s truly life-changing. Here are some of my favorite recipes featuring bacon as the star ingredient-
- Air Fryer Maple Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Brown Sugar Bacon Knots
- Easy Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
How To Make Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Onion Rings
Separate your onions into rings; this recipe works best if you use 1-inch rings. I would suggest that you wrap the bacon around 2 rings.
Wrap your bacon around the onion, use toothpicks to secure the bacon around the onion.
Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil, and as you make your bacon-wrapped onion rings, add them to the air fryer basket.
Set the temperature to 375 degrees F, and air fry for 8-10 minutes.
Some Common Questions Asked About This Recipe
What Kind Of Onions Should I Use?
You can use any onion in this recipe; I suggest not using regular yellow cooking onions. They would be too small; you want something firmer and larger. My favorites are:
- Sweet Onions
- Walla Walla
- Oso Sweet
- Rio Sweet Onions
What Are Some Bacon Types That Would Be Good With This Recipe?
While regular old bacon would work in this recipe, I love to get great and flavorful bacon to go with this recipe since it creates no more work and gives my appetizer an added flavor. Some of my favorites are:
How Can I Change This Recipe?
One of the easiest ways to change this recipe is to add some low-carb BBQ sauce and then brush it on top. Low carb sauces come in various blends, and my favorites are Sweet BBQ sauce and, of course, Sugar-Free Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce.
The otherways to add it up would be to add some seasonings. I love adding some garlic or onion powder, and for a real treat, add some Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasonings.
Using Toothpicks In the Air Fryer
I always err on the side of caution when using or even recommending using toothpicks in the air fryer.
For best results, soak your toothpicks in water, for about 5 to 10 minutes, before using them in the air fryer. The other way to make sure you are using toothpicks safely is to secure the food with the toothpick snuggly, so there is no chance of them flying around.
The issue usually arises when the food gets trapped into the air fryer fan, and the toothpick gets lodged into the heating element or fan. This, of course, causes problems.
What Can I Serve These With?
If you are looking for a great dipping sauce, I highly recommend that you serve them with some sugar-free, low-carb BBQ sauce or some ketchup. Here are some of my favorites.
Can I Cook These In The Oven?
Yes, you need to preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, air the fryer setting, and cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove when the bacon is crisp and the onions are softened.
Some Pro-Expert Cooking Tips
- Watch the bacon-wrapped onion rings because every air fryer is slightly different.
- The way the air fryer works is by circulating hot around the air fryer. If you crowd your basket, the air does not flow around the food, causing it to cook unevenly for best results, a single layer with space around the food.
- If you want, you can dip your onions into BBQ sauce before wrapping, so you get a great caramelized flavoring.
- This recipe can be prepared in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model. I have also prepared these in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and other basket and oven models. The recipe will remain the same, the cooking time may vary.
More Air Fryer Recipes
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
- 16 ounces bacon
- 2 large onions
- Separate your onions into rings; this recipe works best if you use 1-inch rings. I would suggest that you wrap the bacon around 2 rings.
- Wrap your bacon around the onion, and use toothpicks to secure the bacon around the onion.
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Add them to the air fryer basket as you wrap them.
- Set the temperature to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8-10 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper