My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was awesome in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on Mondays, so I made muffins, on Sunday night, just like my mom and they always grab them on Monday mornings. I guess traditions are important. So, if you are having trouble with breakfast, try this one, and let me know how they work for you.
Muffins, they are the perfect breakfast food. They are a great healthy alternative for breakfast on the go. Whatever the muffin, it’s sure to be sweet, crumbly and delicious.
I love eating muffins all year round; they are perfect on the go-to breakfast. I always make a huge batch on Sunday, so my husband can bring them to work during the week. These are my favorite muffins, I have been eating them since I was a little girl. I’m not sure where the recipe came from, but they are amazing! My kids also love them, because they are nice and chocolaty, who doesn’t love chocolate.
Here are other muffin recipes.
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is such a great breakfast, my kids love them, they are so good.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil (can subsitute for vegetable oil)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Start by mixing the oats, milk, maple syrup, olive oil (or vegetable oil), brown sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together.
- Mix well.
- Spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins, filling about 1/2 way.
- Sprinkle some sparkling sugar on top of the muffins.
- Set in the air fryer at 320 degrees F, for 12 minutes. Check your muffins before you remove them, make sure they are fully cooked. (Mine were) If yours are not cooked, add another 3 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan oat muffins tasty oatmeal muffins healthy oatmeal muffins oat flour muffins vegan low calorie oatmeal muffins healthy banana muffins with oats flourless banana oatmeal muffins carrot oatmeal muffins no flour