Air Fryer Rosemary Chicken Breast — Are you curious about cooking healthier alternatives to fried chicken? Then you’ll love today’s recipe for air fryer rosemary chicken breast!
This easy-to-make dish is a delicious way to make an indulgent dish that doesn’t have all the added fat, sodium, and calories that come with regular fried chicken. We will show you how to use simple ingredients in 15 minutes or less – it’s perfect for busy weeknights. Try this flavorful air fryer dinner option tonight!
Easy Rosemary Chicken Recipe
Indulge in the aromatic flavors of rosemary-infused chicken with this easy Rosemary Chicken recipe. Tender and juicy chicken thighs are seasoned with fragrant rosemary, garlic, and a hint of lemon for a delightful burst of flavor.
With just a handful of ingredients and a simple preparation, this recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a flavorful dish to impress your guests. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this Easy Rosemary Chicken will surely become a family favorite. Prepare to savor the irresistible combination of tender chicken and rosemary’s earthy, herbaceous essence.
Why You’ll Love Making Chicken Breasts In Air Fryer
There are several reasons why you’ll love making chicken breasts in the air fryer:
- Healthier Option: The air fryer requires little to no oil to cook the chicken breasts, resulting in a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods. It produces crispy, golden-brown chicken with less fat and calories.
- Quick and Efficient: The air fryer cooks chicken breasts faster than conventional methods. It uses hot air circulation to evenly cook the meat, reducing cooking time significantly. You can have tender and juicy chicken breasts on your plate in a fraction of the time.
- Consistent Results: The air fryer ensures consistent and even cooking of the chicken breasts. With its precise temperature control and circulation of hot air, you can achieve perfectly cooked chicken breasts every time.
- Versatility: The air fryer allows you to season your chicken breasts with various herbs, spices, or marinades, providing endless possibilities for flavor. You can experiment with different seasonings to suit your taste preferences or explore different cuisines.
- Easy Cleanup: Cooking chicken breasts in the air fryer is a breeze when it comes to cleanup. Most air fryer baskets are non-stick, making it easy to clean with warm soapy water or in the dishwasher. It eliminates the need to deal with greasy pans and splatters.
- Tender and Juicy: The air fryer locks in moisture, resulting in tender and juicy chicken breasts. It helps retain the natural juices and flavors of the meat, ensuring a delicious and satisfying eating experience.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner or want to try a new cooking method, making chicken breasts in the air fryer offers convenience, speed, and flavorful results. It’s a versatile kitchen appliance can help you achieve delicious and succulent chicken breasts with minimal effort.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Rosemary Chicken Breast
Rosemary Chicken Breast is a delicious and easy meal you can whip up with minimal effort, leaving your family feeling full and content. All you need for this savory entrée are fresh rosemary, a few tablespoons of cooking oil, and — perhaps most importantly — an air fryer!
Below, we’ll explore everything needed to create the perfect Air Fryer Rosemary Chicken Breast with step-by-step instructions that ensure the best outcome each time. With its tender texture, flavorful herbs, and subtle crispiness from the air fryer’s high heat setting, prepare for a mouthwatering experience you won’t soon forget!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: Choose the desired size of fresh chicken breasts. Ensure they are trimmed off any excess fat for a healthier option.
- Olive oil: Olive oil adds moisture to the chicken breasts and helps the seasonings adhere to the meat. Use extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- Garlic cloves, minced: Fresh garlic adds a robust and aromatic flavor to the chicken breasts. Mince the garlic cloves finely for even distribution of flavor.
- Fresh rosemary, finely chopped: Fresh rosemary lends a fragrant and earthy taste to the chicken breasts. Finely chop the rosemary leaves to release their oils and flavors.
- Lemon zest: Lemon zest adds a bright and citrusy note to the chicken breasts, enhancing their overall flavor. Use a zester or fine grater to extract the zest from the lemon.
- Salt and black pepper to taste: Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper according to your taste preferences. These seasonings help enhance the flavors of the meat.
How Do You Make Rosemary Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
Rosemary chicken breast in the air fryer is a delicious and healthy way to prepare your favorite protein. Not only will you be able to enjoy the savory flavor of rosemary herbs, but you’ll never have to worry about greasy fried food again!
This quick and easy recipe uses the convenience of an air fryer and a few ingredients to deliver mouthwatering and flavorful results for dinner. Whether it’s a family gathering or just weeknight dining, this dish will bring all party members together with its robust aroma that will tantalize their taste buds. Read on for step-by-step instructions on making rosemary chicken breasts that everyone would love!
Step One: Prepare The Chicken Breasts
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200°C) for 3-5 minutes to ensure it reaches the desired temperature. Season the chicken breasts: In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a marinade.
Step Two: Coat the chicken breasts
Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and toss them until they are well coated. Allow them to marinate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
Step Three: Air Fry The Rosemary Chicken
Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, shaking off any excess. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving space between each piece for optimal air circulation. Put the air fryer basket with the chicken breasts into the preheated air fryer. Cook the chicken breasts for about 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. For fully cooked chicken, the internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C)
Step Four: Serving
Once cooked, transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and let them rest for a few minutes. This helps the juices redistribute and ensures moist and tender chicken. Slice or serve the chicken breasts whole, garnished with additional fresh rosemary if desired.
Serve the Rosemary Chicken Breast as a main dish alongside your favorite sides like roasted vegetables, rice, or a fresh salad.
Pro Tips For Air Fryer Rosemary Chicken Breast
Here are some pro tips to help you make the best Air Fryer Rosemary Chicken Breast:
- Use fresh rosemary: Fresh rosemary provides the best flavor and aroma. If possible, use freshly picked rosemary sprigs and chop the leaves before using them in the marinade. This ensures maximum flavor infusion.
- Marinate for longer: While marinating for 15 minutes is sufficient, for more intense flavor, consider marinating the chicken breasts for a longer period, such as 1-2 hours or even overnight, in the refrigerator. This allows the flavors to penetrate the meat further.
- Let the chicken come to room temperature: Before cooking, let the marinated chicken breasts sit at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes. This helps them cook more evenly and ensures juicier results.
- Preheat the air fryer properly: Ensure to preheat the air fryer before adding the chicken breasts. Preheating ensures the air fryer reaches the desired temperature, leading to more consistent and evenly cooked chicken.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket for optimal results. Cook the chicken breasts in a single layer, leaving enough space between them for proper air circulation. If needed, cook them in batches.
- Monitor the cooking time: Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts and the specific air fryer model. Keep an eye on the chicken as it cooks, and use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. This helps prevent overcooking and ensures moist and tender chicken.
- Rest the chicken before slicing: Allow the cooked chicken breasts to rest for a few minutes before slicing or serving. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in juicier and more flavorful chicken.
- Customize the seasoning: Feel free to customize the seasoning according to your taste preferences. Add other herbs or spices like garlic powder, onion powder, or smoked paprika to enhance the flavor profile of the chicken breasts.
Following these pro tips can elevate your Air Fryer Rosemary Chicken Breast to the next level. Enjoy the delicious combination of tender chicken, fragrant rosemary, and zesty lemon flavors in every bite.
Can I use chicken breasts with the bone-in and skin-on?
Yes, you can use bone-in and skin-on chicken breasts if you prefer. Remember that the cooking time may be slightly longer to ensure the chicken is cooked.
Can I use dried rosemary instead of fresh?
Fresh rosemary is recommended for the best flavor. However, if you don’t have fresh rosemary, you can use dried rosemary as a substitute. Use about 1/3 of the amount called for in the recipe since dried herbs are more concentrated in flavor.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs if you prefer. Adjust the cooking time accordingly since chicken thighs may require a few minutes longer to cook through compared to chicken breasts.
Can I use a different type of oil?
While olive oil is commonly used for its flavor, you can substitute it with other cooking oils like vegetable or avocado oil. Use an oil with a high smoke point to ensure it doesn’t burn during cooking.
Can I add other vegetables to cook with the chicken?
Absolutely! Feel free to add vegetables like bell peppers, onions, or zucchini to the air fryer basket and the chicken. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time as needed for the added ingredients.
Can I use frozen chicken breasts?
It is recommended to use thawed chicken breasts for even cooking. If using frozen chicken, make sure to thaw it completely in the refrigerator before marinating and cooking.
Can I double the recipe for a larger batch?
You can easily double or triple the recipe to make more servings. Just make sure to adjust the quantities of the ingredients accordingly and cook the chicken in batches if needed.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER LOADED POTATO SKINS
- AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES
- EASY AIR FRYER SYRACUSE SALTED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER CARROT FRENCH FRIES
- AIR FRYER FRIED CABBAGE
- EASY AIR FRYER CORN ON THE COB
Air Fryer Rosemary Chicken Breast
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary, dried or fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200°C) for 3-5 minutes to ensure it reaches the desired temperature. Season the chicken breasts: In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and toss them until they are well coated. Allow them to marinate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, shaking off any excess. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving space between each piece for optimal air circulation. Put the air fryer basket with the chicken breasts into the preheated air fryer. Cook the chicken breasts for about 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. For fully cooked chicken, the internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C)
- Once cooked, transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and let them rest for a few minutes. This helps the juices redistribute and ensures moist and tender chicken. Slice or serve the chicken breasts whole, garnished with additional fresh rosemary if desired.
- Serve the Rosemary Chicken Breast as a main dish alongside your favorite sides like roasted vegetables, rice, or a fresh salad.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray