The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
The buttermilk adds a great coating to the chicken, which prevents it from drying out. The buttermilk also acts as a tenderizer, so soaking the chicken overnight or for a few hours, makes your chicken nice and moist.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
- 4 1 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 cups buttermilk
Start by cleaning the chicken, by removing the fat.
Season your chicken, salt, pepper, and thyme.
Then soak your chicken breasts into buttermilk.
Let marinade for a few hours or overnight, and then place the chicken breast into the air fryer basket.
Set the air fryer temperature for 390 degrees F, for 8 minutes, after 4 minutes flip the chicken and air fry for another 3 minutes.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken it should be a temperature of 165 degrees F.
NEVER eat raw chicken it could give you a variety of diseases including campylobacter, salmonella and E. coli.