Dry Rub Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are not only flavorful, but they are also moist, juicy, and so easy to make! Believe me, when I say once you make these Chicken this way, your family will be begging for you to make the time and time again! Our Homemade Dry Rub is so simple to put together. However, it adds fantastic flavor to your Chicken. If you are looking for an easy dinner idea, this is it!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs with a Homemade Dry Rub
Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air-fried chicken dish. Before I had my air fryer, I would use the grill to make all of my chicken dishes, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer. You know what, I think Chicken does better in the air fryer than on the grill.
This Chicken was a huge hit with my kids, and it was an easy meal. And isn’t it easy when the entire family eats the same meal? Of course, you are going to need sides to go with this dinner. Some of my family’s favorites that I think will quickly become your family’s new favorites too are my Chick-Fil-A Copycat Coleslaw, my Brussels Sprouts, and Bacon (also made in the Air Fryer), and my Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries.
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe works and is a family favorite because it’s easy to make, budget-friendly, and a meal the whole family loves.
Another reason that it works is that it’s great for any time of the year! It’s excellent for Tailgating, BBQs, Picnics, or just for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Expert Tips, Ingredient List and Suggestions for Recipe Success
- Chicken thighs – you can either leave the skin on or off, your choice.
- Olive oil or spray
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- Sea or kosher salt – remember table salt is just for seasoning at the table.
- Black pepper
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck out of it, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light, and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer
Can I Make This in The Oven?
Yes, you can easily prepare this recipe in the oven. All you need to do is follow the recipe and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
Check to make sure that the meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees F before removing it from the oven.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
You can make this chicken dish ahead of time. Just cover it with aluminum foil, depending on how long dinner is, from when you make it until you eat it. If it’s a long time, remember to keep it in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken Thighs?
You can quickly air fryer frozen chicken thighs by using the same recipe below but adding a few minutes to the cooking time!
How Long Will It Last?
If properly stored in an air-tight container in the fridge, the leftover Chicken will last up to four days.
Step by Step Directions:
Preparing your chicken breasts
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs With A Homemade Dry Rub
Step 1: In a small bowl, add the ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper and stir it together.
Step 2: Sprinkle the rub all over your chicken thighs and rub it in with your hands.
Step 3: Generously spray or rub two tablespoons of olive oil into the Chicken.
Step 4: Place the chicken thighs either into the air fryer basket or on the tray.
Step 5: Set the tray into the air fryer oven and set the temperature to 370 degrees for 7 minutes.
Step 6: After 7 minutes, flip the chicken, and cook for an additional 7 minutes. Step 7: Once the chicken has reached an internal 165 degrees, plate, serve, and enjoy!
- 4 chicken thighs, with or without skin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or spray
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by adding salt, pepper, ground cumin, and smoked paprika to your chicken thighs, rub it in with your hands.
- Either spray generously with olive oil or rub two tablespoons of olive oil into the chicken (I used the spray)
- Place the chicken thighs either in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray.
- Set the tray into the air fryer oven and set the temperature to 370 degrees for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, flip the chicken and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Once the chicken has reached an internal 165 degrees, plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 31g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.