Yummy, Air Fryer, Air Fried Chicken Cordon Bleu
Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, before I had my air fryer, I would use the grill to make all of my chicken dishes, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer. You know what, I think chicken does better in the air fryer than on the grill.
There is a great secret to your chicken, so if you have been coming up with chicken that is dried or with white spots. The secret, which most experience air fryer people would tell you is to spray, spray and spray your chicken. Always, spray your chicken before and after you flip your chicken. This will ensure a moist and delicious chicken dish.
This chicken was a huge hit with my kids, and it was an easy meal. And isn’t it easy, when the entire family east the same meal?
This chicken dish can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil, depending on how long dinner is, from the time you make it until you eat it. If it’s a long time, remember to keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
- Instant Pot Vortex Air FryerJ.A. Henckels 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef’s Kitchen Knife Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, 5 Piece SetHudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set-6 Piece Stackable Set with SpoutAnchor Glass Measuring Set–This is one of the handiest tools in the Kitchen Italian Olive Wood SpatulaOXO Good Grips 12 Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is a really simple meal, just a plain chicken dish jazzed up by a piece of deli ham and swiss cheese. My kids lvoed it, the chicken was nice and tender and the ham and cheese gave a nice surprise inside.
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 slices deli ham, sliced thin
- 4 slices swiss cheese, sliced thin
Start by seasoning your chicken breasts with salt and pepper. If you have thick chicken breast, pound the chicken breasts until they are thinner.
Put one slice of ham and one piece of swiss cheese directly over the top of the chicken breast, and then roll.
Then in a small bowl mix together the egg and egg white, and the water, and beat until foamy.
In another bowl place the breadcrumbs.
Then dip the chicken breast (with the ham and cheese) into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumb mixture.
As you coat them place in either a greased air fryer basket or air fryer tray, seam side down.
Set in your air fryer and set the timer for 7 minutes t 370 degrees F, after the time is up, flip and add another 7 minutes.
Plate, serve and enjoy!