Air Fryer Peruvian Chicken Drumsticks –In many parts of the world, chicken drumsticks are a go-to dish for family dinners. In Peru, they’re often served at weddings and other special occasions. However, most people outside of Peru don’t know about this delicious dish because it’s not very popular in America. If you’ve never tried Peruvian Chicken Drumsticks before, now is your chance to make them!
There’s a reason why chicken is so popular, and that’s because it tastes great. It has just the right amount of fat to give it that perfect flavor, but not too much where you’re left feeling greasy. In this recipe, I will show how to prepare Air Fryer Peruvian Chicken Drumsticks with a very easy marinade.
If you have not prepared chicken drumsticks in the Air Fryer, they are super simple to make and taste delicious!
What Is Peruvian Chicken?
Peruvian chicken is a culinary dish with many variations and can be made with either white or dark meat. It’s typically served as a main course, but it also makes an excellent appetizer.
Peruvian chicken usually includes potatoes, onions, garlic, and chilies in the marinade. Today, I made a very simple version of a typical Perviuvan Chicken using lime juice, minced garlic, and other spices. The flavor was terrific!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Peruvian Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Lime Juice
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Ground Cumin
- Granulated Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Peruvian Chicken Drumsticks
In a large mixing bowl, place the chicken, then add the rest of the ingredients. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Place the chicken in the air fryer basket or tray. Set in the air fryer, set the temperature to 380 degrees F for 15 minutes, then flip the chicken and air fry for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken, which should be 165 degrees F, then remove it from the air fryer.
Tips for Air Fryer Drumsticks
Timing: Depending on the air fryer that you own, the timing will vary. The actual time will depend on your air fryer and how large your chicken drumsticks are.
When Are Chicken Drumsticks Fully Cooked In An Air Fryer? Always check your meat with a meat thermometer, and check the thickest part of the drumstick. The internal temperature for cooked chicken should reach 165 degrees F.
Resting Meat: The meat should always rest for about 5 minutes before serving. This way the chicken juices, will run to the middle. Which will result in a juicy chicken drumstick.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
- AIR FRYER RANCH CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN CHIMICHANGAS
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN, BROCCOLI, AND BELL PEPPER
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
- AIR FRYER CRISPY HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN FAJITAS
DON’T FORGET TO PIN:
Air Fryer Peruvian Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 chicken drumsticks, legs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, place the chicken, then add the rest of the ingredients. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket or tray. Set in the air fryer, set the temperature to 380 degrees F for 15 minutes, then flip the chicken and air fry for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of the chicken, which should be 165 degrees F, then remove it from the air fryer.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray