How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In Air Fryer At 350F –Air frying chicken breasts is a sure way to get dinner on the table quickly and conveniently without losing tenderness or juicy flavor!
If you’ve never cooked chicken breasts in the air fryer, this post will hold you by the hand and walk you through everything you need to know.
Pair your crispy and juicy air-fried chicken breasts with roasted vegetables, salad, and crusty bread.
Why Air Fry Chicken Breasts?
While most can whip up a tasty chicken breast dish without much technical or culinary skill, what’s the best way to cook chicken breasts in an air fryer? This post goes into detail to teach you how to make tender and juicy chicken breasts every time in the air fryer.
While there are many ways to cook chicken breasts, some of the main reasons for using the air fryer method include:
- Healthier option: Air frying chicken is typically healthier as it requires little to no oil than baking and traditional pan frying.
- Crispy and juicy: The air circulation in the air fryer cooks the chicken breasts evenly, resulting in a crispy exterior and a juicy center.
- Quick and easy: Air frying chicken breasts is much quicker and is a hands-off approach to cooking.
How Long To Air Fry Chicken Breast At 350 F
How long should chicken breasts be cooked in an air fryer at 350 F?
The answer to this depends on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts, whether you are cooking them raw or frozen, and even the brand of air fryer used.
Generally, it takes about 18-20 minutes to cook chicken breasts at 350 F in the air fryer for a standard 1-inch thick chicken breast.
Inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest section of a chicken breast is always a good idea to ensure that the chicken is properly cooked through and safe to eat. The standard internal temperature should be 165 F for the chicken to be cooked.
Remember that different air fryer models can vary in power and distribution of heat, which can impact the time required to cook chicken breasts. Always check your chicken breasts after the recommended time to prevent overcooking.
How Long To Air Fry Chicken Breast at 350 F In Foil
In case you didn’t know, chicken breasts can be cooked in an air fryer covered with foil. The purpose of this is precisely the same as covering chicken in foil for baking – it locks in moisture and ensures a juicy piece of meat every time!
The foil covering usually adds extra cooking time (about 5-10 minutes) to protect the meat from the heat. Since foil can affect the air circulation in an air fryer, it’s best to check the chicken breast for doneness using a meat thermometer.
Some Tips For Making Juicy Chicken Breasts
Ditch bland and dry chicken breasts and follow these simple tips to ensure that your air fryer chicken breasts are juicy and flavorful every time!
To avoid dry and flavorless air-fried chicken breasts:
- Thaw the chicken breasts before cooking. Frozen chicken should be thawed in the fridge overnight or in a bowl of cold water.
- Avoid overcooking the chicken by following the recommended cook time of the recipe. You can also check on the chicken with a meat thermometer.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings.
- Brush the chicken breasts lightly with olive oil before air frying them.
Follow these tips, and you’ll never experience dry or flavorless chicken!
How Long To Bake Chicken Breast At 350 F in An Oven
If you don’t have an air fryer, don’t worry! Chicken breasts are also easy to bake in the oven. Once the oven is preheated at 350 F, cook the chicken breasts, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, or 30-35 minutes if covered with foil.
These times are a guideline, as the baking time can vary based on the oven and the thickness of the chicken breasts.
How To Air Fry Chicken Breast At 350 F
Follow these exact steps for air-frying chicken breasts:
- Remove your chicken breasts from the fridge and allow them to sit for 20-30 minutes before cooking. Protein at room temperature cooks more evenly.
- While the chicken rests at room temperature, preheat the air fryer to 350 F.
- Lightly brush the chicken with olive oil and season.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket with sufficient room between them for good air circulation.
- Cook the chicken breasts at 350 F for 18-20 minutes. Check on the chicken breasts and insert a meat thermometer if needed. Cook the chicken breasts for longer if needed.
- Once cooked, remove the air-fried chicken breasts from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Is It Better To Air Fry Chicken at 350 F or 400 F?
Most recipes recommend air frying chicken breasts at 350 degrees F. This lower temperature allows the meat to cook evenly and longer while retaining juicy moisture.
Air frying chicken breasts at 400 F is a good option if you want a crispier exterior with nicely browned skin, although there is a greater risk of drying the meat if you aren’t careful.
How To Know Chicken Breast Is Cooked
You can determine whether your chicken is cooked correctly by piercing the thickest part with a fork and assessing the color of the spilled juices. Pink juice means that the meat is not cooked through yet. Clear juice means that the chicken is cooked through.
Another, perhaps more reliable, way to check if your chicken breasts are cooked properly is to use a meat thermometer. The thermometer should be inserted into the thickest section of the meat and register at 165 F or higher.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- air fryer zaxby’s fried pickle recipe
- zaxby’s ranch sauce recipe
- air fryer copycat zaxby’s chicken fingers
- Zaxby’s Zax Sauce
Don’t Forget To Pin: How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In Air Fryer At 350F
How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In Air Fryer At 350F
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional seasonings: garlic powder, paprika, thyme, or your preferred herbs and spicesInstructions:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and any desired seasonings.
- Place chicken in the air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving space between each.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Rest chicken for a few minutes before slicing or serving.
- Customize with your favorite sides or sauces.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Adjust cooking time based on chicken thickness and your specific air fryer model.
- Ensure chicken reaches 165°F (74°C) with a meat thermometer.