This is one of my favorite dishes I have done in the air fryer. It is also one of my favorite restaurant meals. At Panda Express, today, I give you my take on Air Fryer Panda Express Sweet Fire Chicken Copycat Recipe.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Optional Garnishes: Sliced scallions, sesame seeds
- Start by setting up your three breading stations. In one bowl, add your cornstarch. In another bowl, add your egg (beating it), and then in the last bowl, add your cornstarch.
- Bread your chicken with flour, egg wash, and then cornstarch. As you coat them place them into the greased air fryer basket.
- Spray the chicken with cooking spray, and then air fry for 7-10 minutes at 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, flipping halfway and spraying with cooking spray after you flip.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a large skillet, add olive oil, and then add your peppers, onions, and garlic, saute for about 3 minutes, constantly mixing. Then add in the sweet chili sauce and red pepper flakes. Saute until heated through, mix well.
- Toss in the chicken, tossing to coat, toss in the pineapples, and mix well.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Panda Express Sweet Fire Chicken Copycat Recipe