Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken And Broccoli –Craving a quick and delicious meal?
Dive into the world of Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and Broccoli—a mouthwatering combination of crispy, tangy orange-glazed chicken and tender broccoli florets, all cooked to perfection in your trusty air fryer.
Get ready to savor the flavors of your favorite takeout dish but with the convenience and control of homemade cooking. Let’s explore this delightful recipe together! 🍊🍗
Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken
Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken is a beloved and convenient frozen food option that has gained a loyal following among shoppers. This delightful dish features bite-sized pieces of crispy battered chicken coated in a sweet and tangy orange glaze. It’s a harmonious blend of savory and citrusy flavors that offers a taste reminiscent of popular Chinese takeout dishes.
One of the standout features of Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken is its ease of preparation. With simple cooking instructions that typically involve baking or pan-frying, this frozen offering allows individuals to enjoy a restaurant-quality meal in their homes. The combination of tender chicken, zesty orange sauce, and a touch of spice has made Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken a crowd-pleaser for busy weeknight dinners and special occasions.
Why You Love This 5 Ingredient Trader Joe’s Meal!
There are several reasons to love a 5-ingredient Trader Joe’s meal, and here’s why it’s so appealing:
- Simplicity: A 5-ingredient meal from Trader Joe’s simplifies the cooking process, making it accessible to even the busiest individuals. With fewer ingredients, there’s less prep work, less time spent in the kitchen, and fewer chances for errors, making it perfect for quick and hassle-free cooking.
- Convenience: Trader Joe’s offers high-quality, pre-packaged, convenient, and delicious ingredients. This means you can create a flavorful and satisfying meal without visiting multiple grocery stores or spending hours searching for specific items.
- Variety: Despite the simplicity, a 5-ingredient meal from Trader Joe’s can offer a surprising variety of flavors and cuisines. Whether you’re in the mood for Italian, Asian, Mexican, or any other cuisine, Trader Joe’s typically has options to suit your taste.
- Time-Saving: With minimal ingredients to work with, there’s less chopping, measuring, and prepping involved, saving you valuable time on busy days. It’s an excellent choice for a quick but satisfying meal solution.
- Consistency: Trader Joe’s is known for its consistency in providing quality ingredients and flavors. This means you can trust that your 5-ingredient meal will turn out as expected and taste delicious every time you prepare it.
- Affordability: Trader Joe’s often offers competitive prices on their products, making it a budget-friendly option for creating tasty meals without breaking the bank.
In summary, a 5-ingredient Trader Joe’s meal is loved for its simplicity, convenience, variety, time-saving benefits, consistency, and affordability. It’s an excellent choice for those seeking a quick and flavorful meal solution without sacrificing taste and quality.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken And Broccoli
Prepare to embark on a culinary journey with Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and Broccoli—a flavorful and easy-to-make meal that brings the best of takeout to your kitchen.
With just a handful of essential ingredients, you’ll create a delicious and satisfying dish perfect for busy weeknights or whenever you’re craving a quick, homemade meal.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken: This frozen gem includes battered chicken pieces coated in a sweet and tangy orange sauce, offering a harmonious blend of flavors.
- Broccoli Florets: Fresh broccoli florets add a healthy and vibrant component to the dish. They provide a crisp and nutritious contrast to the tender chicken.
- Cooking Oil (Optional): A small amount of cooking oil, such as vegetable or canola oil, may be used to lightly coat the chicken and broccoli before air frying for added crispiness.
- Salt and Pepper (Optional): Seasonings like salt and pepper can be used to taste, enhancing the overall flavor profile of the dish.
- Sesame Seeds (Optional): Sprinkling sesame seeds over the finished dish adds a delightful crunch and an extra layer of flavor and visual appeal.
With these minimal yet essential ingredients, you’ll be well-prepared to create a mouthwatering Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and Broccoli dish that will satisfy your craving for a flavorful and convenient meal.
How To Make Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken And Broccoli In Air Fryer
To make delicious Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and Broccoli in the air fryer, follow these simple steps:
Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F (190°C) for 3-5 minutes. Preheating ensures even cooking and a crispy result.
Prepare the Chicken: Open the Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken bag and place the battered chicken pieces in the air fryer basket. You don’t need to defrost the chicken; it can go frozen.
Place the frozen sauce into a bowl of hot water.
Air Fry the Chicken: Cook the chicken at 375 degrees F (190°C) for 10-12 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, shake the basket or flip the chicken for even cooking. Air frying times may vary based on your specific air fryer, so keep an eye on the chicken to prevent overcooking.
Add Broccoli: While the chicken is cooking, toss the broccoli florets in a bowl with a little cooking oil spray (if desired), salt, and pepper. This step is optional but adds flavor and crispiness to the broccoli.
Combine and Air Fry: After the chicken has cooked for about 10-12 minutes (or until golden brown and crispy), open the air fryer and add the seasoned broccoli florets to the basket around the chicken.
Continue Air Frying: Air frying the chicken and broccoli together for 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the broccoli is tender and slightly crispy at the edges.
Garnish (Optional): Once the dish is done, sprinkle it with sesame seeds for an extra flavor and texture.
Serve Hot: Transfer the cooked Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and Broccoli to a serving plate. It’s best enjoyed hot.
Enjoy: Dive into this delicious homemade version of a classic takeout favorite, with the added bonus of the crispy broccoli; all made effortlessly in your air fryer.
With these simple steps, you can enjoy a tasty and convenient meal of Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and Broccoli, perfectly cooked in your air fryer.
Here are some delicious recipe variations for using Frozen Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken for a complete meal:
- Orange Chicken Tacos: Prepare the frozen orange chicken as directed. Serve it in warm tortillas with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and a drizzle of sriracha mayo for a delicious orange chicken taco.
- Orange Chicken Bowl: Cook the frozen orange chicken and serve it over a bowl of steamed jasmine rice. Add steamed broccoli and sliced bell peppers, and top with sesame seeds and a drizzle of orange sauce for a satisfying bowl meal.
- Orange Chicken Salad: Make a fresh and crunchy salad by tossing cooked orange chicken with mixed greens, mandarin orange segments, sliced almonds, and a zesty orange vinaigrette.
- Orange Chicken Stir-Fry: Cook the orange chicken and set it aside. Stir-fry your favorite vegetables like bell peppers, snap peas, and carrots in a wok or skillet. Add the cooked orange chicken and toss with a homemade stir-fry sauce made with soy sauce, orange juice, ginger, and garlic.
- Orange Chicken Sliders: Create mini orange chicken sliders by placing cooked orange chicken pieces in slider buns. Top with coleslaw and a drizzle of orange sauce for a tasty snack or party appetizer.
- Orange Chicken Pizza: Make a unique pizza using cooked orange chicken as a topping. Spread pizza dough with a thin layer of orange sauce, add shredded mozzarella cheese, the orange chicken pieces, and red onion slices. Bake until bubbly and golden.
- Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Serve the cooked orange chicken in lettuce cups. Add diced cucumber, shredded carrot, and chopped peanuts. Drizzle with a hoisin and orange sauce mixture.
- Orange Chicken and Veggie Skewers: Thread cooked orange chicken pieces onto skewers with colorful bell peppers, zucchini, and red onion. Grill or broil until the veggies are tender and the chicken is caramelized.
- Orange Chicken Fried Rice: Make quick and flavorful fried rice by stirring cooked orange chicken into your favorite fried rice recipe. Add scrambled eggs, peas, and carrots for a complete meal.
- Orange Chicken Quesadillas: Create orange chicken quesadillas by placing cooked chicken between two tortillas with shredded cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy. Serve with a side of sour cream and salsa.
These recipe variations offer a range of delicious options to enjoy frozen orange chicken as a meal, from tacos and bowls to salads and unique twists on classic dishes. Get creative and have fun experimenting with these ideas!
Here are some pro tips for making the perfect Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and Broccoli:
- Preheat Your Air Fryer: Preheating your air fryer for a few minutes ensures that it’s at the right temperature when you start cooking, leading to more consistent and even results.
- Shake or Flip the Chicken: While air frying the Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken, shake the basket or flip the chicken pieces halfway through the cooking time. This helps achieve even crispiness on all sides.
- Check for Doneness: Keep an eye on the chicken to prevent overcooking. The chicken should be golden brown and crispy on the outside and fully cooked on the inside. Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer, so adjust accordingly.
- Add Vegetables at the Right Time: Add the broccoli to the air fryer at the appropriate time to ensure it’s cooked to your desired level of tenderness. If you like it crispier, add it later in the cooking process.
- Use Cooking Oil Spray Sparingly: If you choose to use cooking oil spray, use it sparingly to avoid excess oil. A light coating can help with browning, but too much can make the dish greasy.
- Customize the Spice Level: Adjust the spice level by adding red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the orange glaze for a spicier kick.
- Keep Ingredients Separate: If you prefer the broccoli to be less coated with the orange sauce, consider cooking the chicken and broccoli separately in the air fryer, then combine them before serving.
- Garnish Creatively: Garnish your dish with sesame seeds, sliced green onions, or even a drizzle of additional orange sauce for a visually appealing presentation.
- Serve Immediately: Air-fried food is best enjoyed right after cooking while it’s still hot and crispy. Serve your Orange Chicken and Broccoli immediately for the best taste and texture.
- Experiment with Pairings: Get creative with your sides! Consider serving the dish over steamed rice, quinoa, or even noodles for a complete meal.
By following these pro tips, you’ll elevate your Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and Broccoli to a delicious and visually appealing meal that’s sure to impress your taste buds. Enjoy your homemade takeout-style dish!
Can I cook the orange chicken and broccoli together in the air fryer? Yes, you can cook them together in the air fryer. Start by cooking the orange chicken first since it usually requires a longer cooking time, then add the broccoli during the last few minutes to prevent overcooking.
Can I use fresh broccoli instead of frozen? Yes, you can use fresh broccoli. Simply cut it into florets and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Fresh broccoli may cook faster than frozen, so keep an eye on it to prevent overcooking.
Do I need to use cooking oil spray on the chicken and broccoli? Using cooking oil spray on the chicken and broccoli is optional. It can help enhance crispiness, but use it sparingly to avoid making the dish greasy.
How can I make the orange chicken and broccoli less sweet? To reduce the sweetness, you can dilute the orange sauce with a bit of water or add a splash of vinegar for some tanginess. Taste and adjust until you reach your desired flavor.
Can I use a different brand of frozen orange chicken? Yes, you can use a different brand of frozen orange chicken. Cooking instructions may vary, so follow the package directions for your specific brand and adapt the air frying time accordingly.
What other vegetables can I add to this dish? You can customize this dish with your favorite vegetables. Common additions include bell peppers, snap peas, carrots, and water chestnuts. Add them based on your preferences.
Can I make this dish vegetarian or vegan? To make it vegetarian or vegan, consider using plant-based chicken substitutes or tofu instead of the chicken. Ensure that the orange sauce and any other ingredients used are vegan-friendly.
How do I store leftovers? Store any leftover Orange Chicken and Broccoli in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the air fryer or microwave when ready to enjoy.
Can I make a larger batch in the air fryer? The air fryer’s capacity may limit the batch size. Be cautious not to overcrowd the basket to ensure even cooking. If you need to make a larger batch, consider cooking in batches.
Can I use homemade orange sauce instead of the one provided with the frozen orange chicken? Absolutely! You can use homemade orange sauce if you prefer a more customized flavor. Adjust the sauce’s sweetness and tanginess to suit your taste.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER VEGETABLE OMELET
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN AND WAFFLES
- EASY AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COBBLER FOR TWO
- AIR FRYER FROZEN HASH BROWN PATTIES
- Air Fryer Vanilla Granola
- air fryer trader Joe’s frozen broccoli florets
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken And Broccoli
- 1 package Trader Joe's Orange Chicken, Frozen
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon Salt and pepper to taste, optional, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, optional, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds , for garnish, optional
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes. Preheating ensures even cooking and a crispy result.
- Open the bag of Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and place the battered chicken pieces in the air fryer basket. You don’t need to defrost the chicken; it can go in frozen.
- Cook the chicken at 375°F (190°C) for about 10-12 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, shake the basket or flip the chicken for even cooking. Air frying times may vary based on your specific air fryer, so keep an eye on the chicken to prevent overcooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, toss the broccoli florets with a little cooking oil spray (if desired), salt, and pepper in a bowl. This step is optional but adds flavor and crispiness to the broccoli.
- After the chicken has cooked for about 10-12 minutes (or until it’s golden brown and crispy), open the air fryer and add the seasoned broccoli florets to the basket around the chicken.
- Continue air frying the chicken and broccoli together for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the broccoli is tender and slightly crispy at the edges.
- Once the dish is done, you can sprinkle it with sesame seeds for an extra touch of flavor and texture.
- Transfer the cooked Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and Broccoli to a serving plate. It’s best enjoyed hot.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional