There is nothing better than Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken Bowl. It’s a serving for one with tender battered chicken breasts, fried rice, and smothered in an orange chicken sauce.
Better yet, you can make it in the air fryer, causing the chicken to crisp up perfectly, and the rice is tender and delicious!!
This recipe will be the same for all of the Trader Joe’s Bowls, including:
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Cuban Style Citrus Garlic Bowl
- Riced Cauliflower Bowl
- Sriracha Shrimp Bowl
- Bibimbap Bowl
This is the same method for any frozen meal, whether a Banquet Dinner, Swanson, Smart One, or Healthy Choice Meal.
If you are looking for some even more quick dinner or lunch ideas using your air fryer, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER TURKEY CLUB SANDWICH, AIR FRYER COPYCAT TACO BELL QUESADILLA, AIR FRYER PATTY MELT, and AIR FRYER MEATBALL SLIDERS.
Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken Bowl
If you have not tried Trader Joe’s new item, Mandarin Style Orange Chicken, it’s a microwaveable meal that includes fried rice, fried chicken, and a package of orange ginger-flavored sauce.
The instructions call for microwaving it for 5 minutes and then mix with the sauce.
How To Make Trader Joe’s Mandarin Style Orange Chicken Bowl In the Air Fryer
Start by opening the package, and pour the bowl’s contents, removing the sauce, into an air fry safe bowl/pan.
Set the pan into the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Place the frozen sauce into a bowl of hot water.
When the chicken and rice are done cooking, toss the chicken with the sauce, plate, serve, and enjoy!
Can you cook frozen dinners in an air fryer?
Yes, you will have to remove the plastic container’s food most of the time, but otherwise, everything you can microwave, you can air fry.
The key to making frozen dinners in the air fryer is to cook them at a low temperature. You usually cook them at 310 to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 4-6 minutes. Depending on the food you are cooking.
Pro Tips For Cooking Frozen Meals In Air Fryer
Cooking frozen dinners in an air fryer can be convenient and time-saving. Here are some tips to ensure you get the best results:
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Like other air frying recipes, preheating the air fryer is essential to ensure even and consistent cooking. Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the frozen dinner.
- Adjust Cooking Time and Temperature: Frozen dinners usually have specific oven cooking instructions. To air fry them, reduce the cooking time and temperature by about 20-25% compared to conventional oven instructions. Start with a lower time and temperature setting and adjust to avoid overcooking.
- Use Foil or Parchment Paper: To prevent any leakage or mess in the air fryer basket, consider placing a piece of foil or parchment paper underneath the frozen dinner.
- Shake or Flip: If your frozen dinner consists of multiple components (e.g., chicken and vegetables), consider shaking the air fryer basket or flipping the items halfway through the cooking process to ensure even browning.
- Monitor Carefully: Keep a close eye on the frozen dinner while air frying. Air fryers cook quickly, and it’s easy to overcook the food. Check for doneness by using a food thermometer or visually inspecting the meal.
- Add Extra Crispness: For a crispy finish, consider spraying the frozen dinner with a light coating of cooking oil or using the air fryer’s “crisp” function (if available) during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Ensure enough space between the frozen dinner components in the air fryer basket to allow proper air circulation. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking and a less crispy texture.
- Enhance Flavors: Add a pinch of your favorite herbs or spices to the frozen dinner before air frying to enhance flavor.
- Use a Cooking Rack: If your air fryer comes with a cooking rack, use it to elevate the frozen dinner slightly from the basket. This can help promote even cooking and prevent the food from becoming too soggy.
- Let it Rest: Once the frozen dinner is made, rest in the air fryer for a minute or two before serving. This allows the food to settle and maintains its texture and flavors.
Following these tips, you can enjoy quick and delicious frozen dinners in the air fryer with crispy results and minimal effort. Always refer to the specific instructions on the packaging and adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly for the best outcome.
More Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Recipes
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S VEGETABLE BIRD’S NESTS
- HOW TO MAKE TRADER JOE’S FROZEN FRENCH TOAST IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S MOZZARELLA STICKS
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S TEMPURA CHICKEN
Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken Bowl
- 1 package Mandarin Style Orange Chicken Bowl
- Start by opening the package, and pour the bowl’s contents, removing the sauce, into an air fry safe bowl/pan.
- Set the pan into the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Place the frozen sauce into a bowl of hot water.
- When the chicken and rice are done cooking, toss the chicken with the sauce.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Safe Pan