What is better for breakfast than Air Fryer Homemade Blueberry Scones.
If you have never made scones or even eaten them, they are a fabulous breakfast treat or dessert. They are one of my favorite breakfasts on a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning, while a great big cup of hot coffee. My kids love them, with the fresh blueberries.
Air Fryer Homemade Blueberry Scones Recipe Ingredients–
The blueberry scones recipe is very straight forward, most of the ingredients you probably have in your pantry. I always use fresh blueberries, but you can use frozen blueberries, just do not thaw them, as they will make your dough soggy.
- All-purpose flour, you can change this out for whole wheat or gluten-free, but note the texture will slightly change.
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Cold butter
- Fresh blueberries
How To Make Air Fryer Homemade Blueberry Scones-
- Start by mixing the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Then, add the butter, egg, and milk.
- Finally, mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Then, spray your scone mold with olive oil spray. (see my notes about what pan I used)
- Finally, add your batter to the mold.
- Then, place the mold into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature for 340 degrees F for 12 minutes, air fryer setting.
- Meanwhile, make the icing/glaze: In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Mix until it’s well combined.
- Drizzle the icing over the scones.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
What Scone Pan Can I Use In The Air Fryer–
If you have the Omni Air Fryer, by Instant Pot or another large air fryer oven, then this is the pan, I already had from my days of using a regular oven, and it’s one of my favorite pieces, so of course, I pulled it out for this recipe,
Tips for Making the Perfect Air Fryer Scones-
- The milk and butter need to be cold. This gives your scone a great flaky texture.
- Do not preheat the air fryer, as they will not bake correctly.
- If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them before use, as they will cause your scones to become soggy, and watery.
- Once the dough is mixed, do not keep on working the dough, or the gluten will break down and they will become tough.
- Once the scones are done, allow them to cool before icing them.
How to Store The Scones-
If you have any uneaten baked scones, simply place them in a sealed or airtight container. For best results, eat them within two days.
How to Make Ahead Blueberry Scones-
Simply make the dough and shape them. Then wrap them individually in saran wrap, place them in the refrigerator until ready to air fry. They are best if air-fried within 1 to 2 days.
If you want to freeze the dough, shape the dough and then individually wrap them in saran wrap. They will keep for about 1 month. When ready to air fry them, either air fry them from frozen (add a couple of minutes to the recipe) or let them thaw in the refrigerator.
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
Air Fryer, Homemade Blueberry Scones
These are really delicious. I usually make a batch on Sunday and now can have a piping hot one with our Sunday coffee, and then have one on Monday, on our way to work or school. I love homemade scones, since I don’t skimp on the blueberries, there is blueberry in every bite.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 8 scones 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if you are using salted butter)
- 1/2 stick cold unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, sugar, ground cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Then mix in the butter, eggs, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries, mix well, until they are well distributed.
- Generously spray your scone pan (either one you are using) with olive oil.
- Fill the pan with the batter. Make sure to get the corners, press well.
- Set the pan or the scone silicone molds into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 12 minutes. The exact time is used for a guide, the actual time will depend on the air fryer model and wattage you own. Make sure they are fully cooked before you pop them out.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Blueberry Scones