Air Fryer Toast is healthier and tastier than anything you could make in a toaster. Ditch the extra appliance and give toast in the air fryer a try!
I know what you’re wondering — can you make toast in an air fryer? Well, I’m here to tell you that you absolutely can!
In fact, making toast in an air fryer is hands-down the best way to enjoy crispy slices of bread in no time.
So, you can ditch your toaster and toast bread in an air fryer basket or oven instead. Amazing!
You don’t even need a special button to air fry toast. Just flavor your slices however you like — my kids love theirs with fresh butter and herbs — and turn it on.
There are so many ways to dress up toast. Some of my favorites Air Fryer Toast Recipes are AIR FRYER FRENCH TOAST STICKS, AIR FRYER RICOTTA TOAST WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND TOMATOES, AIR FRYER BAKED APPLE TOAST, and AIR FRYER BANANA NUT ENGLISH MUFFINS.
Why Make Toast In An Air Fryer
Do you know that one of the most requested questions is “can you make toast in an air fryer?” The answer, of course, is yes! This is great because you can get rid of your toaster, free up some valuable counter space, and make more room for your Air Fryer!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Toast
- Easy to make
- Simple and delicious
- Make a large batch of toast in the air fryer
- Recipe works with any topping
What You Need To Toast Bread In Air Fryer
Grab a few slices of bread (either store-bought or homemade), some butter or olive oil, and your favorite herbs or seasonings. That’s all there is to it!
How To Air Fry Toast
Step 1: Add your seasonings
Spread olive oil or butter over each slice of bread, on one side only. Sprinkle herbs or seasonings evenly over the top, gently tapping to help them stick to the surface.
Step 2: Cook toast in air fryer
Place the slices of bread in the air fryer basket. Cook for 2-5 minutes at 320 degrees F, depending on how dark you prefer your toast to be.
Once your air fryer toast is done, slice and serve with additional toppings if desired!
- Experiment at first. The cooking time will really depend on which air fryer you own, so try a test piece to figure out the right temperature and time.
- Don’t overlap! Toast bread in the air fryer in a single layer for best results.
- Adjust the cooking time. It may be different depending on the thickness of your bread.
- Using an air fryer oven? Use the lower rack for your bread. Otherwise, it will tend to get dark too soon (and burn).
- Allergy-friendly recipe: You can air fry toast with gluten-free or Paleo bread, and olive oil is naturally dairy free!
Can You Make Toast in an Air Fryer?
Yes, and this is especially helpful as you add new kitchen gadgets to your counters. For example, you may want to save some room and ditch your toaster.
Although some air fryers have a separate toast function, you really don’t need it. All you need to do is add your favorite seasonings and toast bread in the air fryer!
I especially love to air fry toast with an Air Fryer Grill Pan. It seriously makes some of the best toast I have ever had!
How To Make Plain Air Fryer Toast
I would highly recommend that you use either olive oil or butter, which will help to keep your bread moist. But if you are looking to make plain toast, this air fryer toast recipe will work precisely the same.
Can I Make Garlic Toast in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! Slather your bread slices with butter, minced garlic, and Italian herbs, then toast in air fryer as directed. Easy peasy!
What Do You Put On Top of Toast?
The only limit is your imagination! Here are some of my family’s favorite toppings for air fryer toast:
- Jam or Jelly
- Cream Cheese
- Peanut Butter or Nut Butters
- Sliced or Mashed Avocado
- Chicken or Tuna Salad
More Air Fryer Bread Recipes:
- AIR FRYER KETO CROISSANTS
- AIR FRYER STAR BREAD
- 10 BEST AIR FRYER BAGEL RECIPES
- AIR FRYER GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN BANANA NUT BREAD
- AIR FRYER MOZZARELLA PIZZA BREAD
- AIR FRYER BAKING POWDER BISCUITS
Air Fryer Toast
- 2-4 slices bread, store-bought or homemade
- butter or cooking spray
- Start by covering your bread, on the top only with olive oil or butter.
- Place in the air fryer basket.
- Set the time for 2 to 4 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Remove from the air fryer basket, cut in half, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer