Instant Pot Focaccia Bread — Have you ever used an Instant Pot? If not, you’re missing out! It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, and rice cooker all in one. Today, we will show you how to make focaccia bread in your Instant Pot. This is a great weekend project because the dough needs to rise for an hour. The result is worth the wait! Focaccia is an Italian flatbread perfect for dipping or just eating plain. Give this recipe a try today!
This Homemade Instant Pot Focaccia Bread is amazing! If you are looking for a great side dish for any meal, this is truly one of the best.
Focaccia is generally a flat Italian bread similar in taste and texture to the pizza. It is a perfect partner for your soup with a crisp crust and soft center. This tomato and jalapeno bread with infused Italian and garlic seasoning are perfect for any family dinner or picnic. And with the INSTANT POT, you can make it more efficiently and in very little time.
My homemade Instant Pot Focaccia Bread goes with just about anything. From a simple BBQ Air Fryer Chicken meal to a lovely Instant Pot Spaghetti Dinner, This bread will be at almost every meal you make. It is that good!
If you are looking for even more Instant Pot recipes that will test your baking skills, some straightforward ones are INSTANT POT FUNNEL CAKES, INSTANT POT BLUEBERRY LOAF, INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE, INSTANT POT PECAN CHEESECAKE.
What is Focaccia Bread?
It is an Italian delight if you have never had focaccia bread. It is usually baked in the oven, and its typical characteristic is that it has holes in it.
While the traditional toppings on Foccacia vary, the classical ones are rosemary, olive oil, and salt. Today, I made a simple version and used cherry tomatoes and sliced jalapenos for a great flavor.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Focaccia Bread
- All-Purpose Flour
- Instant Yeast
- Granulated Sugar
- Lukewarm Water
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Chili Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Cherry Tomatoes
How To Make Instant Pot Focaccia Bread
Whisk ¾ cup warm water, yeast, and one tablespoon of sugar. Cover and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. The mixture should be bubbly on top after 5 minutes. If not, start over with new yeast.
In a separate bowl, take 3 cups of flour, add in salt, one tablespoon of Italian seasoning, and one teaspoon chili flakes, add in the activated yeast mixture and water, mix to form a dough.
Grease some olive oil on top of the dough.
Set the INSTANT POT to the YOGURT option and set it to 2 hours. Place the dough inside the instant cooker pot and secure the lid. The dough will double in size after 2 hours.
Pour one tablespoon of oil into an 8×8” pan or any pan of your choice and place the dough into the oiled pan. Spread the dough properly, covering the edges of the pan. With the help of your fingers, make indentations in the dough.
Take the rest of the olive oil and add Italian seasoning, chili flakes, and garlic powder; mix it properly and pour it over the dough. Arrange the tomatoes and jalapenos on the top. Preheat the oven to 400 F or 200 C and bake the bread for 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Why Make Instant Pot Foccacia Bread?
I love making the dough proof in my Instant Pot because I don’t have to worry about it. The Instant Pot does all of the work for you.
Everyone always asks me if I can make bread in the Instant Pot? The answer is yes, and if you follow my recipe, you will have a great loaf of Instant Pot Focaccia Bread.
The truth is the recipe is so easy, and it comes out delicious. The question you should be asking yourself is, why not make it?
What Is The Best Flour To Use
I tested this recipe using all-purpose flour, but you really could change it out. I did not try it with Gluten-Free flour, but I am assuming that the bread texture would change slightly.
If you want to use whole wheat flour to get healthier bread, I suggest you do a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture, meaning half of all-purpose and half of the whole wheat flour.
What If I Don’t Have Yogurt Setting on Pressure Cooker
Even if you do not have a Yogurt setting, you can still make this recipe.
To make, using the old-fashioned method, without an Instant Pot, transfer the dough to a greased bowl and then place a kitchen towel over it for about an hour. When it has doubled in size, you can continue with the recipe.
How to Know Your Yeast Is Proofed
The easiest way to know if your dough is proofed is to watch for tiny bubbles.
Suppose you do not get any tiny bubbles when the yeast, water, and sugar are mixed. The recipe will not work. The reasons can be that the yeast is old or gone bad. There is no need to continue with the recipe; it will not work.
How to Store Leftover Instant Pot Focaccia Bread
If you have any leftover Focaccia Bread, place it into a resealable bag or an airtight container.
The focaccia will last for about 3 to 5 days; after that, the tomatoes tend to make the bread soggy.
Can I Freeze Instant Pot Focaccia Bread
If you want to make this bread ahead of time and freeze it, I will omit the tomatoes and jalapenos as they will not freeze well.
I recommend a simple rosemary and olive oil rub on the Focaccia Bread.
When to Serve Instant Pot Focaccia Bread
You can serve this at any time. This makes for a fantastic side dish if you make an Italian Feast. Some of my favorite dishes to serve this bread with are:
- INSTANT POT PASTA, FETA, AND TOMATOES
- NINJA FOODI CHICKEN PAD THAI
- INSTANT POT SHRIMP SCAMPI
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN PARMESAN
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Instant Pot Focaccia Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup water, lukewarm
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
- Whisk ¾ cup warm water, yeast, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Cover and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. The mixture should be frothy on top after 5 minutes. If not, start over with new yeast.
- In a separate bowl, take 3 cups of flour, add in salt, 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, and 1 teaspoon chili flakes, add in the activated yeast mixture and water, mix to form a dough.
- Grease some olive oil on top of the dough.
- Set the INSTANT POT to the YOGURT option and set it to 2 hours. Place the dough inside the instant cooker pot and secure the lid.
- The dough will double in size after 2 hours.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of oil into an 8×8” pan or any pan of your choice and place the dough into the oiled pan.
- Spread the dough properly, covering the edges of the pan.
- With the help of your fingers, make indentations in the dough.
- Take the rest of the olive oil and add Italian seasoning, chili flakes, and garlic powder, mix it properly and pour it over the dough.
- Arrange the tomatoes and jalapenos on the top.
- Preheat the oven at 400 F or 200 C and bake the bread for 20-22 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi