Instant Pot Funnel Cakes are amazing. If you were looking for a sweet treat that reminds you of the country fair, this is the perfect dessert.
Made with a few ingredients sitting in your pantry and the Instant Pot, you will have this in minutes, and you can all sit around binging on Netflix or playing a board game. This dessert will bring the entire family together, which is what I love about cooking.
My kids are huge fans of Fried Dough, Elephant Ears, and really anything coated with powdered sugar, so this dessert is no different. Of course, I took it up a notch and added some drizzled chocolate sauce on top, talk about a GREAT dessert.
What Is A Funnel Cake?
So, if you ever went to a fair, amusement park, or carnival, you probably saw on the menu the funnel cake. Depending on where you live, it means different things to different people.
A funnel cake is usually characterized by a batter deep-fried until golden brown and then usually topped off with powdered sugar. This Instant Pot Funnel Cake Recipe is no different made with the same ingredients and then fried up in the Instant Pot.
It comes out golden and absolutely delicious. This is a great recipe for the next time I bring my Instant Pot on the road and stay at a hotel for one of my son’s hockey tournaments.
How to Make Instant Pot Funnel Cakes
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Serving Suggestions: Powdered Sugar and Chocolate Sauce
How to Cook Instant Pot Funnel Cakes
Fill the Instant Pot with oil until 2 inches deep. Set to sauté and use a candy thermometer, bring the temperature to 350 degrees F. This may take up to 20-30 minutes. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and water. Whisk in sugar, salt, and baking powder. Mix in flour until batter forms.
Once oil comes to temperature, pour batter into a gallon size zip lock bag and cut a small corner off. A piping bag can be used.
Squeeze batter into the oil piping in random directions and layered over itself. Leave room for the batter to expand. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove and place on paper towel to cool and dry. Dust with powdered sugar. Optional drizzle with favor sauce.
Some Pro Tips For Making Instant Pot Funnel Cakes
- The key to this recipe is to really whisk the ingredients well so the batter is fluffy before it hits the oil. This way, the funnel cake will crisp up.
- Use a candy thermometer to make sure that the oil is the correct heat before adding the batter. Otherwise, the funnel cake will come out flat and dough.
- If you do not have a candy thermometer, a cook’s trick is to put a wooden spoon into the oil. When small bubbles form around the spoon, the oil is ready.
- Small lines of batter are better than larger ones and will crisp up better.
- Use a pair of tongs to flip the funnel cake. Never use your hands. It’s HOT!
- Let the funnel cake sit for a few minutes on the paper towel, which will help get out a lot of the grease.
Best Funnel Cake Toppings
This would be a great time to get the entire family involved. While I used a simple mixture of powdered sugar and chocolate sauce, you can use many things. I learned from my Air Fryer Group that depending on where you live, they are served with different toppings. Some of the group’s favorites are:
- Fresh Fruit
- Ice Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Ground Sugar and Cinnamon
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USE IN MAKING THIS RECIPE–
Affiliate links are included in this post–
SOME OTHER GREAT INSTANT POT DESSERT RECIPES-
- INSTANT POT MONKEY BREAD
- INSTANT POT DINNER ROLLS
- EASY INSTANT POT APPLE CRISP
- INSTANT POT STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- INSTANT POT PECAN CHEESECAKE
DON’T FORGET TO PIN-
Instant Pot Funnel Cakes
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Fill the instant pot with oil until 2 inches deep. Set to sauté and to use a candy thermometer, bring the temperature to 350. It may take 20-30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and water.
- Whisk in sugar, salt, and baking powder
- Mix in flour until batter forms
- Once oil comes to temperature, pour batter into a gallon-sized zip-lock bag and cut a small corner off. A piping bag can be used.
- Squeeze batter into the oil piping in random directions and layered over itself. Leave room for the batter to expand. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to cool and dry.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Optional drizzle with favor sauce.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot