Griddle cooking is a great way to cook food evenly and bacon is no exception. Today, we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to cook bacon perfectly on your Blackstone griddle. Let’s get started!
Do you love bacon as much as I do? If you’re like me, you probably want to cook it in every way possible. Well, one great way to cook bacon is on a Blackstone griddle.
What Is A Blackstone Griddle?
A Blackstone Griddle is a large, flat cooking surface typically used for outdoor grilling. It can reach high temperatures and can be used to cook a variety of foods such as meats, vegetables, and even pancakes. The griddle’s design allows for easy cleanup, as excess grease and food particles can be scraped off the surface during and after cooking. Many people prefer using a Blackstone Griddle for its versatility and convenience. Additionally, the griddle can be used as a versatile tool for hosting outdoor gatherings and parties. Overall, the Blackstone Griddle is a popular choice among backyard chefs and tailgaters alike.
Some tips for using a Blackstone Griddle include preheating the griddle before cooking, properly seasoning the griddle before and after each use, and maintaining proper grill maintenance to extend its lifespan. With proper care and usage, a Blackstone Griddle can be a valuable addition to any outdoor cooking setup.
Why Cook Bacon On A Blackstone Griddle?
Cooking bacon on a Blackstone griddle allows for an even distribution of heat, resulting in crispy and evenly cooked bacon. The griddle’s flat surface also helps to minimize splatter and grease buildup, making for easy cleanup. Additionally, the griddle’s high sides keep the bacon contained and prevent it from flying off the cooking surface. Using a Blackstone griddle to cook bacon also frees up space on the stovetop for other cooking tasks. Overall, cooking bacon on a Blackstone griddle maximizes flavor and convenience.
Ingredients Needed For Blackstone Bacon
- Bacon: Use any of your favorite bacon, you can also make turkey bacon on the Blackstone Griddle.
- Paper Towels
- Bacon Press (Optional)
How to Cook Bacon on Blackstone Griddle
1. Preheat your Blackstone Griddle to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place bacon strips onto the griddle, making sure they are not overlapping or touching each other.
3. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until desired crispiness is reached.
4. Use a spatula to flip the bacon strips and continue cooking on the other side.
5. Use a paper towel to remove any excess grease from the bacon before serving. Enjoy your perfectly cooked bacon!
6. Optional: For added flavor, sprinkle your favorite seasonings onto the bacon before cooking, or add sliced onions or mushrooms to the griddle while cooking the bacon. Experiment with different ingredients and find your favorite combination!
Tips For Cooking Bacon on The Blackstone Griddle
- Cold Griddle: Start with a cold griddle and lay the bacon slices evenly across the surface.
- Room Temperature Bacon: For best results, and more even cooking start with room temperature bacon.
- Flipping: For even cooking, flip with a pair of tongs halfway during the cooking process, this way both sides get evenly cooked.
- Extra Flavor: For added flavor, sprinkle with your favorite spices or mix-ins before cooking (such as cayenne pepper or brown sugar).
Blackstone Bacon Temp
I usually cook bacon on the Blackstone Griddle at 375 degrees or love high-medium heat. This way you can add some pancakes or eggs, at the same time.
Plus, everyone loves crispy bacon!
Do you have to have a Blackstone Bacon Press?
No, you do not have to have a Blackstone bacon press to properly cook bacon. However, using a bacon press can help ensure that your bacon cooks evenly and becomes extra crispy. It can also be helpful for keeping the bacon flat while cooking, preventing curling.
Overall, a bacon press can make the cooking process easier and result in better-tasting bacon. That being said, there are alternative methods for cooking bacon without a press, such as using a heavy skillet or weight to keep the bacon flat while cooking. Ultimately, it is up to personal preference and what kitchen tools you have available.
How To Know When Grilled Bacon Is Done
As a general rule, grilled bacon should be cooked until it is crisp and browned. It should not have any pink or raw-looking areas.
To test for doneness, try cutting into a piece of the bacon or using tongs to press down on it – it should feel firm and crisp.
Another indicator that the bacon is cooked through is if it has shrunk significantly in size and released a good amount of fat.
Be careful not to overcook the bacon, as it can become overly crisp and hard. Serve immediately while hot for the best flavor and texture.
How long does cooked bacon last in refrigerator
According to the USDA, cooked bacon can last up to 1 week in the refrigerator. It is important to store it in a sealed container or wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. If you are unsure if the bacon is still safe to eat, it is best to throw it out. To extend its shelf life, bacon can also be frozen for up to 1 month.
Additionally, it is important to keep bacon refrigerated before cooking as well. Raw bacon should be stored below 40 degrees Fahrenheit and used within 1-2 days. It is also a good idea to use a separate cutting board and utensils when handling raw bacon to prevent the spread of bacteria.
How To Store
Let any cooked bacon cool to room temperature and then place it into an airtight container. It will last for 2 to 5 days.
How to Reheat Bacon On Blackstone Griddle
There’s nothing like the taste of bacon, and cooking it up on a Blackstone griddle is a great way to get that perfect crispy texture. But what do you do if you have leftovers? Here’s how to reheat bacon perfectly on your Blackstone.
1. Preheat your griddle to medium heat (about 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Place the bacon on the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it reaches desired temperature and crispiness.
3. Serve immediately and enjoy!
4. Note: You can also reheat bacon in the microwave or oven, but the griddle helps to retain its crispiness. Additionally, be sure to drain off any excess grease before serving. Happy eating!
More Blackstone Griddle Recipes
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE FROZEN HAMBURGERS
- BLACKSTONE GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN BURGERS
- Easy BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE HAWAIIAN KIELBASA KABOBS
- BLACKSTONE RIBS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE ONION RINGS
How to Cook Bacon on Blackstone Griddle
- 1 pound bacon, any type
- Preheat your Blackstone Griddle to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place bacon strips onto the griddle, making sure they are not overlapping or touching each other.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until desired crispiness is reached.
- Use a spatula to flip the bacon strips and continue cooking on the other side.
- Use a paper towel to remove any excess grease from the bacon before serving. Enjoy your perfectly cooked bacon!
- Optional: For added flavor, sprinkle your favorite seasonings onto the bacon before cooking or add sliced onions or mushrooms to the griddle while cooking the bacon. Experiment with different ingredients and find your favorite combination!
- Blackstone Griddle