Instant Pot Meatball Sandwich Recipe is a simple but yummy recipe. This makes for an amazing, fast, and delicious midweek meal or a quick lunch on Saturday or Sunday!
This is one of my favorite meals and one of the reasons I truly fell in love with my Instant Pot. Fast meals that everyone in my family loves!
Everyone loves a great Meatball Sub, one of the most poupar dishes sold at any sub shop, now you can perfecty cook your own up, in minutes.
The Perfect Meatball Sub
For this recipe, you can either use frozen meatballs or fresh meatballs. This recipe is very versatile; you can switch it out and make it your own.
While I made a speedy marinara sauce, you can switch that out if you have a beloved family recipe. Make this recipe your own; it will soon be one of your family’s favorites.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Meatball Sandwich Recipe
- Frozen Meatballs
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
How To Make Instant Pot Meatball Sandwich Recipe
Add your frozen meatballs into the Instant Pot Bowl. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, Italian Seasoning, parsley, salt, and black pepper.
Add the lid, and cook for 5 minutes at manual high pressure. When the time is done, do a quick release.
This makes for a great appetizer, side dish with a plate of spaghetti or a great meatball sub!
Some Pro Tips:
- If you get a BURN notice on the Instant Pot, that means that something on the bottom of the Instant Pot Bowl is getting too much heat. So, for best results, stir the meatballs and sauce before adding the lid.
- Make sure to do a quick release. Otherwise, your meatballs will become soggy.
- If you find that your meatballs are still not cooked, return the lid to the Instant Pot and add a few more minutes to the cooking time (1 to 2)
- You can make these without the sauce. Just add the same amount of water or beef broth into the bowl.
You can easily substitute the meatballs out for anything. Some of my favorite variations of this recipe are:
- Turkey Meatballs
- Vegetable (Veggie) Meatballs
While you can still use the same time for the turkey meatballs, I have found that you will need to decrease the cooking time for the veggie (vegetable) meatballs to 2-3 minutes on manual high pressure. Otherwise, the vegetable meatballs will be overcooked.
Substituting The Crushed Tomatoes
If you have a pasta sauce that you love, you can switch it out. So, grab your favorite pasta sauce, and pour it in. The recipe will work the same.
The Best Frozen Meatballs
If you are looking for a great quality frozen meatball, here are some of my family’s favorites:
- Rosina Italian Meatballs
- Johnsonville Homestyle Meatballs
- Farm Rich Homestyle Meatballs
- Farm Rich Italian Style Meatballs
Storing Instant Pot Meatballs
This is a great meal to make ahead and store. To store, cook as directed and then place the meatballs and sauc einto an airtight container. Place the container into teh refreigoer.
For best results, they will last for about 2 to 3 days.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Meatballs
More Great & Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
- INSTANT POT RED VELVET CAKE
- NINJA FOODI CHICKEN ALFREDO
- INSTANT POT COPYCAT NORDSTROM’S TOMATO BASIL SOUP
Some Helpful Products Used In Making This Recipe-
Affiliate links are included in this post–
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Instant Pot Meatball Sandwich Recipe
- 2 pounds meatballs, frozen
- 48 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add your frozen meatballs into the Instant Pot Bowl. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, Italian Seasoning, parsley, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the lid, and cook for 5 minutes at manual high pressure. When the time is done, do a quick release.
- Add the cooked meatballs to a sub roll.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi, Pressure Cooker