Instant Pot Honey Garlic BBQ Meatballs –Do you love honey garlic sauce? Then you are going to love these Instant Pot Honey Garlic BBQ Meatballs! They are so easy to make and are the perfect party appetizer. Your guests will be asking for the recipe!
These are amazing, and they only take 5 minutes in the Instant Pot. My kids love them, but they get bored with typical pasta sauce on them. So, I combined my husband’s two favorite things, BBQ Sauce, and Garlic. This is what I came up with. I always keep frozen meatballs on hand for a quick lunch or dinner. We have even had them for snacks.
You can usually score a great deal on frozen meatballs, at either Costco or your local grocery store. Just keep an eye out for sales. If you want, you can make a huge batch of homemade meatballs, and then just freeze them, and use them in this recipe.
Now, making meatballs in the Instant Pot requires very little. They all start off with a bag of frozen meatballs, if you want to use fresh that is amazing too, and it will work for this recipe, just use the sauce part of this recipe, and cook them the way you normally would could meatballs in the Instant Pot.
Now, the cooking time for this dish is 5 minutes, but you need to let the Instant Pot come to pressure and then let it naturally release.
How to Make Instant Pot Honey Garlic BBQ Meatballs
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Instant Pot Honey Garlic BBQ Meatballs
- 28 ounces meatballs, frozen
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- Place the frozen meatballs and 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot bowl.
- Add the lid, per the instructions for your pressure cooker. And make sure the vent is in the “sealing” position.
- Set the manual high pressure for 5 minutes, when the time is up, let it naturally release.
- When the Instant Pot pressure is completely released, and the pin is down. Remove the lid, and drain the meatballs.
- Pour in your sauce ingredients, and mix well. Then press the “saute'” button and saute’ the meatballs with the sauce for about 3-4 minutes. Note: You are only wanting the sauce to heat up, and mix well into the meatballs, once everything is hot, hit cancel.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Instant Pot