Crispy Breaded Pork Chops in Air Fryer offer the crispiness and crunch of breaded pork chops without added fats from deep frying. There is nothing better than breading that has been perfectly cooked and seasoned, then fried! If you love deep-fried pork chops, you will love this recipe!
Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
Breaded pork chops in air fryer — you can not ask for a better or quicker meal. Everyone loves pork chops. They are truly one of America’s classic meals. Today’s recipe features Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops.
There is something magical about creating the perfect pork chop. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, it’s amazing. The air fryer does an amazing job at perfectly crisping them up.
The air fryer is truly such a time saver, and you can have an air fryer fried pork chops dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. And, whether you prefer to use bone-in or boneless chops, you will get amazing, crispy air fryer pork chops in minutes.
If you are looking for even more pork chops recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER PORK SCHNITZEL, AIR FRYER HERB, AND PARMESAN CRUSTED PORK CHOPS, AIR FRYER-BBQ PORK CHOPS (HOMEMADE COPYCAT BBQ SHAKE & BAKE), and AIR FRYER BLACKENED PORK CHOPS.
Why You’ll Love Fried Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- On the table in less than 15 minutes
- Perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside
- Use just a handful of ingredients
- So easy in the air fryer!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Fried Pork Chops
Breaded pork chops in air fryer only take a handful of ingredients that you probably already have on hand! This easy pork chop recipe requires almost no work and results in perfectly crispy, tender air fryer fried pork chops.
For complete ingredients and quantities, keep on scrolling until you get to the bottom with a printable recipe card.
- Pork Chops
How to Make Air Fryer Fried Pork Chops
Step 1: Season Pork Chops
Start by using the salt and pepper to season your pork chops. This small step will add tons of flavor to your pork chops.
Step 2: Create Breading
You’ll bread your fried pork chops in air fryer in 2 steps.
First, whisk the eggs in a small bowl. You can add some more salt and pepper if you would like.
Then, add the cornstarch to another bowl.
Dip the pork chops into the eggs and shake off any excess. Then, dip into the cornstarch to fully coat.
Step 3: Cook Pork Chops
Place your breaded pork chops in the air fryer.
Spray the pork chops with olive oil cooking spray to keep them from sticking to the basket.
Air fry your pork chops at 360 degrees for 6 minutes. Flip and spray them again, then cook for another 6 minutes.
Check with a meat thermometer to make sure the pork is fully cooked.
How Long To Cook Pork Chops In An Air Fryer
This depends on the thickness of your pork chops. Obviously, thicker pork chops need a longer cooking time than thin pork chops.
I always use a meat thermometer to get the ideal temperature, there is nothing worse than overcooked pork chops. The USDA recommends that you cook your pork chops until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
Keep in mind that all air fryers cook at a slightly different rate. Every single air fryer is different. Combat this by checking on your fried pork chops in air fryer frequently to avoid over- or under-cooking.
How To Make Pork Chops In The Oven
My favorite way to make pork chops is in the air fryer. However, you can make them in the oven as well if you prefer!
If you want to replicate these crispy air fryer pork chops in a traditional oven, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and then bake for about 7-10 minutes.
The internal temperature of the pork chops should reach 145 degrees F.
Tips for the Perfect Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Choose pork chops of the same thickness so they all cook at the same time.
- For best results, do not crowd your air fryer. Leave room between each pork chop and never stack the chops in the basket. Cook in batches if you need to!
- Season with salt and pepper prior to coating in the breading to ensure flavorful breaded pork chops in air fryer.
- Don’t forget to spray with a non-stick cooking spray. This will keep your air fryer breaded pork chops from sticking to the basket.
- Always check the temperature with a meat thermometer before removing them to ensure they’re at a safe temperature.
What To Serve With Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops:
These fried pork chops in air fryer can go with almost anything. Some of my favorites to serve them with are AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES, AIR FRYER GARLIC AND HERB ROASTED POTATOES, AIR FRYER FRIED CABBAGE (KETO FRIENDLY), and AIR FRYER BROCCOLI RABE.
How to Make Tender Breaded Pork Chops
I usually opt for a pork chop that is about 1 inch thick. This way, the outside coating will stay crispy, but the inside will not get dried out. Today, I used boneless, but you can easily switch it out for bone-in without sacrificing any tenderness.
Remember to allow your pork chops to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting. This allows the juices to distribute evenly throughout the meat. Allowing your meat to rest keeps all of that juiciness from running out onto the plate the minute you slice.
How to Avoid Tough Fried Pork Chops in Air Fryer
Pork chops are a relatively lean cut of meat. This means they are prone to overcooking and drying out — both of which lead to tough, chewy bites.
Avoid overcooking by cooking to temperature rather than following time guidelines to the letter.
How to Reheat Crispy Breaded Pork Chops in Air Fryer
The easiest way to maintain that crisp is to reheat breaded pork chops in the air fryer. Lay them in an even layer in the air fryer basket and cook at a high temperature (I reheat my air fryer breaded pork chops at 425 degrees F) for 5-6 minutes, or until warmed through.
More Pork Recipes
Crispy Breaded Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- 4 large pork chops, bone-in or boneless
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- cooking spray
- Start by using salt and pepper to season, your pork chops. This small step will add tons of flavor to your pork chops.
- Then in a small bowl, whisk the eggs. You can add some more salt and pepper if you would like.
- Then in another small bowl, add the cornstarch.
- Then dip the pork chops into the eggs, and then shake them off and then dip into the cornstarch.
- Then place them in the air fryer.
- Spray the pork chops with olive oil cooking spray.
- Air Fry your pork chops on 360 degrees for 6 minutes, and then flip and spray it again, and air fry them for another 6 minutes.
- Check with a meat thermometer to see if the pork is fully cooked. Internal temperaure should be 145 degrees F.
- Air Fryer