Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Start by boiling the water, by using the saute function. Once it’s at a rolling boil.
Then mix in the miso paste, and return to a boil.
Then mix in the tofu and seaweed.
Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget And Pin:
- 8 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of instant dashi granules (link in blog post)
- ¼ cup of miso paste
- 1-2 sheets of dried seaweed
- 8 ounces of tofu
- 2-3 stalks of green onions, diced
- In your Instant Pot, add the water and dashi powder, and mix well. Then use the saute' function, and bring the soup to a boil.
- Meanwhile, take your tofu, and let it drain, and take out most of the water in it, then chop it up
- Then shut off the saute's setting, so it doesn't overcook or burn.
- Then mix in the miso paste, and make sure it's fully dissolved, just continue to mix, until, you don't see any clumps. I just keep on stirring until it was completely dissolved.
- Once, it's dissolved, press the saute button and simmer it for about 10 minutes Really give it time to let the flavors absorb, then add the chopped tofu to the soup. Then, take your chopped seaweed and add it to the miso soup. The miso soup should provide enough liquid, for it to be reconstituted.
- Continue to stir, for about 5 minutes, or until everything is well combined. I left my soup longer for the tofu to get some of the flavors of the miso soup.
- Then top everyone's portions with diced green onions.