Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels — Perfectly brown on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside- these Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels get ready in just around 5 minutes.
I use my Air Fryer so much- from cooking veggies for a side dish to making cookies. Recently, I have been trying my hands at Air Fryer recipes that revolve around using frozen food, and it has turned out to be a game changer.
Sure, there’s no comparison to scratch-made food, but sometimes, convenience wins, and when I’m looking to put a quick treat together, I make my favorite Trader Joe’s frozen pretzels in the Air Fryer, and they come out perfect every single time.
If you haven’t tried putting your Air Fryer to use this way, I highly suggest you do. All it takes is a few minutes to enjoy a nice and warm pretzel- it doesn’t get better than this!
What’s Great About This Recipe
These Air Fryer Trader Joe’s frozen pretzels are my favorite in my household. Here’s why.
Only 1 Ingredient: You literally don’t need anything else apart from the frozen pretzels. No fancy ingredients. No extra effort. Just simplicity at its best.
Minimal Mess & Cleanup: You’ll be using your Air Fryer basket with no additional pans and pots, which means less mess and cleanup.
5 Minutes Cooking: Just 5 minutes of cooking time makes this recipe perfect for times when a hunger pang hits you, or you are looking for a quick snack to put together for your kiddos.
Perfect For a Busy Day: Frozen foods are a blessing for all those rushed days, and this recipe wins every time I look for a quick snack.
Ingredients For the Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels Recipe
You’ll need just 1 ingredient to put these Air Fryer frozen pretzels together.
Frozen pretzels: I’ve used my favorite pretzels from Trader Joe’s for this recipe, but you can use any other kind of frozen pretzels instead if you want to.
How To Cook Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels In Air Fryer
Cooking Trader Joe’s frozen pretzels in an air fryer is quick and easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F (175°C) for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the frozen pretzels in a single layer in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray.
- Set cook time for 4-6 minutes, turning them halfway through the cooking time until they are golden brown and cooked to your desired level of crispiness.
- Remove the pretzels from the air fryer and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces, such as mustard, cheese sauce, or a sweet glaze.
Enjoy your delicious Trader Joe’s frozen pretzels cooked to perfection in the air fryer!
Pro Tips for the Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels Recipe
While making these Air Fryer Trader Joe’s frozen pretzels is super easy, you might want to take note of these little tips and tricks as well.
- Make sure you grease the Air Fryer basket with a bit of oil or cooking spray to keep the pretzels from sticking to the pan while they are being cooked.
- Avoid adding too many pretzels to the basket. Overcrowding the basket will cause the pretzels to stay undercooked and chewy, and they won’t have the crispy texture you’re looking for.
- Arrange the pretzels in a single layer in the basket. Ideally, have a layer of parchment paper in the basket before you add the pretzels. This will help keep the pretzels from sticking to the surface and will also make cleanup easier.
- Check the Air Fryer basket at the 3-minute mark to see if the pretzels have turned golden brown. Remember that the cooking time will be different based on the kind of Air Fryer you have, so it makes sense to check at the 3-4 minute mark, just to be sure.
- Use tongs to handle the hot pretzels. Set them out on a plate and allow them to cool for a minute or two before you enjoy them.
How Do I Store the Pretzels?
Once the pretzels have been cooked, you can allow them to cool down and then refrigerate them in an airtight container for up to 2 days, if not more. These can then be reheated in the microwave or the Air Fryer, depending on how you would want their texture to be.
Remember that pretzels that are reheated in the microwave will end up soft and chewy, while those that are reheated in the Air Fryer will have a crisp on the outside.
How Do I Serve the Pretzels?
There are so many fun ways to serve and enjoy these soft pretzels. Here are a few good ideas to get you inspired.
On their Own
Slightly crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, these pretzels are a total treat when enjoyed on their own. You can top them with some coarse sea salt if you want a bit of extra flavor, or some cinnamon sugar if you want them to be sweet, but they can be enjoyed on their own as well.
With a Savory Dip
My favorite way to enjoy these pretzels is to team them up with a dip. Now, you can experiment and try serving them with almost any dip of your choice, since they’re pretty versatile, but I love pairing them with my pretzel cheese dip or my peanut dipping sauce. My Air Fryer cheesy dip can also be a great versatile accompaniment to serve with the pretzels.
With a Sweet Dip
Versatile that they are, these Air Fryer Trader Joe’s frozen pretzels can also be served with a sweet dip and turned into a dessert thing if you want to. My personal favorites are my cinnamon sugar frosting dip and my caramel apple dip.
What Add-Ons Can I Use?
You can top the pretzels with some coarse sea salt, garlic powder, smoky salt, chicken salt, cinnamon sugar, sprinkles, sesame seeds or even some Everything But the Bagel seasoning if you want to.
How Can I Make the Toppings Stick to the Pretzels?
Simply sprinkling the toppings on the pretzels isn’t going to make them stick, especially since these are frozen pretzels. You can use a silicone brush to spread a bit of water on the surface of the pretzels and then sprinkle the add-ons on top to help them stick to the surface better.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER DESSERT TACO SHELLS
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- AIR FRYER FUNFETTI SKILLET COOKIE
- AIR FRYER WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP LEMON COOKIES
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER PIZZOKIE
Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels
- 6 Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels
- Dipping sauces, e.g., mustard, cheese sauce, marinara
- Preheat Your Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). This usually takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Prepare the Pretzels: Arrange the frozen pretzels in a single layer in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray. You can use parchment paper or lightly grease the basket/tray with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Air Fry: Place the pretzels in the preheated air fryer. Cook for 5-7 minutes, turning them halfway through the cooking time for even browning. Cooking times may vary, so keep an eye on them. They’re ready when they’re golden brown and heated through.
- Serve: Remove the pretzels from the air fryer and let them cool slightly. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Cooking times may vary depending on your specific air fryer model, so adjust as needed to achieve your desired level of crispiness.
- You can customize your pretzels by brushing them with melted butter and sprinkling coarse salt on top before or after air frying for a classic pretzel flavor.
- Feel free to get creative with seasonings and toppings for a unique twist.
- Store any leftover cooked pretzels in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat them in the air fryer or oven until warm.
Review of Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels
Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels are a convenient and tasty snack option for pretzel lovers. Here’s a review of these frozen pretzels:
- Easy Preparation: These pretzels are incredibly easy to prepare. You can cook them straight from the freezer in your oven or air fryer, and they’re ready in minutes.
- Authentic Flavor: The taste and texture of these pretzels are quite authentic. After baking, they have that classic pretzel flavor with a soft interior and slightly crisp exterior.
- Versatile: You can enjoy these pretzels as a quick snack or as a side with various dips, such as mustard, cheese, or chocolate. They also pair well with a variety of beverages.
- Value for Money: Trader Joe’s products are known for their affordability, and these frozen pretzels are no exception. You get a good quantity for the price.
- Limited Topping Options: While these pretzels are tasty on their own, they don’t come with a wide range of toppings. If you prefer pretzels with different seasonings or coatings, you may need to add your own.
In conclusion, Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels are a convenient and budget-friendly snack option that delivers on taste and texture. They’re perfect for satisfying those pretzel cravings without the need for a trip to the pretzel shop.
FAQ’s Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels
Can I cook Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels in an air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to the recommended temperature (usually around 400°F or 200°C), place the frozen pretzels inside, and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until they’re golden brown and heated through. Cooking times may vary depending on the brand and model of your air fryer, so keep an eye on them to prevent overcooking.
Are Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels suitable for vegetarians or vegans?
Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels typically contain dairy ingredients like butter or milk, so they are not vegan. However, you may find pretzel products that are vegetarian-friendly but not vegan due to the dairy content. Always check the product label for specific dietary information.
Can I add different seasonings or toppings to Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels?
Yes, you can customize Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels by adding various seasonings or toppings before or after cooking. For example, you can sprinkle them with coarse salt for a classic pretzel flavor, or get creative with toppings like cinnamon sugar, garlic powder, or shredded cheese. Experiment to find your favorite combination!
How do I store any leftover cooked pretzels?
If you have leftover cooked pretzels, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a few days. To reheat, you can use an oven or microwave for a short time until they’re warm.
Are there any dipping sauces that pair well with Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels? Yes, Trader Joe’s Frozen Pretzels go well with a variety of dipping sauces. Some popular options include classic yellow mustard, spicy mustard, cheese sauce, marinara sauce, honey mustard, and even chocolate sauce for a sweet twist. You can choose your favorite dipping sauce based on your taste preferences.