Do you ever find yourself craving a dish that is both comforting and healthy? If so, then you have to try this amazing air fryer pasta salad!
Packed with nutritious ingredients like zucchini, cherry tomatoes, red onions, bell peppers, minced garlic and cooked macaroni noodles – this meal will satisfy your taste buds while nourishing your body. Plus, the roasted vegetables are amazing, this is a great recipe; for a main dish or a side dish, that the whole family will love!
Why You Will Love This Easy Air Fryer Pasta Salad
Are you looking for an easy and delicious dish to put together? We’ve got the perfect recipe for you: air fryer pasta salad. Not only is this a light, flavorful meal packed with fresh vegetables, but prepare it in just 25 minutes! This quick and healthy dinner idea is sure to make your whole family happy – not to mention making clean-up a breeze.
This recipe is:
- Easy: A great side dish!
- Healthy: Who doesn’t love a lot of fresh vegetables roasted to perfection?
- Vegan: Totally a great option to serve to your vegan guests!
- Seasonal: Great for using all of the seasonal veggies, from the garden!
- Great for Meal Prep
- High Heat: The high heat perfectly roasts the pasta!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is an easy and delicious meal that you can make using your air fryer. It’s full of veggies, flavorful seasonings, and a variety of textures for a satisfying yet healthy dish. Plus it’s perfect for any time of year – whether it’s summer BBQ season or cool winter dishes. To help get you started on creating this tasty pasta side dish, here are all the ingredients needed to whip up your own air fryer pasta salad!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Pasta: Use your favorite pasta, large shells, ziti, and even gluten-free pasta will work in this recipe!
- Veggies: Fresh Veggies: Choose from cherry tomatoes, zucchini, red onion, garlic cloves, red bell peppers, and yellow bell peppers.
- Oil: Use any high-heat oil, such as olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, or even coconut oil
- Seasonings and Spices: Italian Seasoning, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper
- Serving: Serve WIth Black Olives and Dressing
How To Make Pasta Salad In Air Fryer
Pasta salad is a classic summer dish that’s been around for decades, but what if we said you could make it in less than 20 minutes with an air fryer? Not only will you be able to enjoy pasta salad all year round, but the finishing results are healthier and even tastier among your family and friends! In this blog post, we’ll walk you through everything there is to know about making a delicious pasta salad in your air fryer. Get ready to experience a whole new level of easy cooking with this ultimate step-by-step guide!
Step One: Prepare Your Pasta
Bring a large pot to boil with salted water. Boil pasta per package instructions. Then drain and rinse with cold water, and set the cooked pasta aside. For cold pasta salad, pale the pasta into the refrigerator, while the veggies are air frying. Otherwise, leave the cooked pasta at room temperature.
Step Two: Air Fry Vegetables
While the pasta cooks, prepare the vegetables. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, for 3-5 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, add cherry tomatoes, zucchini, onions, garlic, bell peppers, oil, Italian herbs, salt, and black pepper. Mix them all together.
Transfer to the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and air fry for 8-10 minutes. Shake the vegetables every 4 minutes.
Step Three: Prepare The Air Fyrer Pasta Salad
Remove roasted vegetables and add to a large salad bowl. Add pasta and mix together. Spread olives on top. Add your favorite Italian salad dressing, or simple Italian dressing, or use my recipe below for a homemade salad dressing.
Variations of Pasta salad
This is a simple dish that has a few simple ingredients, it’s the perfect combination, below are even some more recipes, with just a handful of ingredients.
- An Italian pasta salad is a light, refreshing, and healthy pasta salad. It usually consists of cooked pasta mixed with vegetables like tomatoes, peppers, olives, and artichoke hearts, tossed in a flavorful dressing such as vinaigrette or pesto. This type of salad has great flavors that come from the fresh ingredients used to make it.
- Greek pasta salad is also very popular and can be quite hearty. This version of a pasta salad typically contains feta cheese, black olives, tomatoes, and red onions. It is often served with a creamy dressing such as tzatziki or Greek yogurt, which gives it an extra burst of flavor.
- Chickpea pasta salad is a great option for vegetarians or those looking to cut down on their meat consumption. This type of salad typically includes cooked chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers, all tossed in an oil-based vinaigrette dressing. The combination of flavors is unique and delicious, making it one of the best salads
How To Store
Store the pasta salad in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. Store your pasta salad in the refrigerator for up to four days.
What To Serve With Pasta Salad
When it comes to pairing pasta salad with other dishes, the possibilities are endless. It can be served as a main dish or as a side to a variety of proteins and vegetables.
For a light lunch, serve your pasta salad alongside fish, grilled chicken, or eggplant slices. If you’re hosting a barbecue, consider making burgers and brats with a side of pasta salad. For heartier dinners, serve it alongside steak or roasted vegetables. If you’re looking for something vegetarian-friendly, try pairing your pasta salad with grilled portobello mushrooms and a big green salad.
Finally, don’t forget about the bread! Serve up some crusty Italian bread on the side to complete your meal. Whatever you decide on, pasta salad is sure to please everyone at the table!
The Best Pasta For Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is one of the most beloved summer dishes, perfect for any occasion. But not all pasta is created equal. To make sure your pasta salad comes out as delicious as possible, it’s important to pick the right kind of pasta.
Short pasta such as elbow macaroni, rotini, bowtie pasta, Campanella, and fusilli are perfect for this type of pasta salad. Their pasta shape makes them easier to mix with other ingredients like cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, and olives. Different varieties of these shapes will also add interesting texture to your salad. Long or ribbon-shaped pasta such as linguine, fettuccine, spaghetti, and pappardelle might be too long to mix in the salad, making it difficult to evenly distribute the other ingredients.
What Ingredients Should I Add to Pasta Salad?
Pasta salads are a great way to add a boost of flavor and nutrition to your meals. The ingredients you choose can make or break the dish, so it’s important to pick the right ones for the best results. When selecting ingredients for pasta salad, consider some great additions.
- Veggies – Add some crunch and nutrition to your pasta salad with fresh vegetables like tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, carrots, broccoli, or kalamata olives.
- Fruits – Brighten up the dish with seasonal fruits like apples, pears, or grapes for a sweet and colorful addition.
- Cheese – For added creaminess and flavor, try adding in some feta, mozzarella, or Parmesan cheese.
- Proteins – Add some protein to the dish with cooked chicken breast, canned tuna, boiled eggs, or chickpeas. Crispy bacon on top makes for a great topping!
- Herbs and Spices – Sprinkle some herbs and spices like basil, taco seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, or fresh basil.
- Dressing – Finish off your pasta salad with a creamy or oil-based dressing of your choice to bring all the flavors together.
Making Pasta Salad in Advance
If you are making a pasta salad in advance, there are a few easy steps to help it stay fresh until you’re ready to serve it. First, make sure all the ingredients – from the cooked pasta to the cheese and meats – are completely cooled before assembling your salad. This will prevent any excess moisture from collecting on the ingredients and prevent them from spoiling. When ready to assemble, add the cooled ingredients and any dressings or sauces to a large bowl and mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. Once your salad is assembled, cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to four days. This will help preserve its flavor and keep your pasta salad fresh until you
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Crispy Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Air Fryer Zucchini Noodles
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS
- AIR FRYER FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
- HOW TO MAKE FROZEN HAMBURGERS IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- AIR FRYER BACON AND CRAB ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT PANERA PEPPERONI FLATBREAD
Be sure to tag @ForkToSpoon on Instagram, if you share a picture on Instagram! Let’s get social, you can follow me: on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest, or join one of our Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes and Tips!
Air Fryer Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces dry pasta
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup red onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large red bell pepper, remove seeds and cut in cubes
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, remove seeds and cut in cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, adjust to taste
- 1/2 cup olives, halves
Italian Salad Dressing:
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot to boil with salted water. Boil pasta per package instructions. Then drain and rinse with cold water, and set the cooked pasta aside. For cold pasta salad, pale the pasta into the refrigerator, while the veggies are air frying. Otherwise, leave the cooked pasta at room temperature.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the vegetables. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, for 3-5 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, add cherry tomatoes, zucchini, onions, garlic, bell peppers, oil, Italian herbs, salt, and black pepper. Mix them all together.
- Transfer to the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and air fry for 8-10 minutes. Shake the vegetables every 4 minutes.
- Remove roasted vegetables and add to a large salad bowl. Add pasta and mix together. Spread olives on top. Add your favorite Italian salad dressing, or simple Italian dressing, or use my recipe below for a homemade salad dressing.
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven