Can You Cook Pasta In An Air Fryer — Are you ready to revolutionize your pasta-cooking routine? If so, an air fryer might be the way to go! Air frying can deliver a crisp, crunchy texture and incredible flavor that traditional oven baking just cannot replicate — all within minutes.
Made some pantry items, this recipe for air fryer pasta is going to amaze you, and of course, it would be truly amazing, until we served it with homemade marinara sauce! So, if you have been looking to step up your air frying, this is one of these best recipes!
What is air fryer pasta?
Air fryer pasta is a tasty, healthy alternative to traditional potato chips. The pasta has been cooked, drained, seasoned, and then air fried. You might have heard them referred to as pasta chips.
Air fryers work by blowing hot air around the food at high speed, which cooks the outside of the pasta, giving you crispy air fryer pasta. The end result is a delicious and crispy plate of pasta chips, that is a great snack, and perfect for movie night. As seen in hundreds of TikTok pasta chips videos, it’s the new craze!
Why should you make pasta in air fryer?
A platter of crispy chips, what is better, maybe some air-fried pasta chips.
They are perfect, and most of the time I have all of the ingredients on hand, you just need the basket of your air fryer or your air fryer tray, and you can create this fun snack in minutes!
It’s one of my family’s white, and the first time you make it you will be amazed!
What ingredients do you need to make pasta chips?
Are you ready to get creative in the kitchen? Look no further than pasta chips, the perfect snack or side dish for your next gathering or meal. Not only are they delicious, but they’re surprisingly easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and some heat! Forget potato chips, because now you can enjoy crispy and crunchy goodness made from real pasta. Read on to discover how to apply this unique technique of baking pasta into golden brown creations that will have everyone reaching out for seconds!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the problem recipe card, at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Pasta: Use your favorite pasta, or use leftover pasta, gluten-free pasta, whole wheat pasta, any type of pasta shape will work, whether you use bowtie pasta, farfalle pasta, rigatoni pasta, or even elbow pasta,
- Oil: Use high-heat oil, such as olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil.
- Seasoning: Some great ones to try are garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and Italian seasoning, Add some grated Parmesan cheese for even more flavor!
How To Cook Air Fried Pasta
Who says you have to be a master chef to make delicious pasta? With an air fryer, you can easily whip up restaurant-quality pasta dishes without ever having to fire up the stovetop. Whether you’re new to cooking or looking won a challenge in the kitchen, our guide is all you need for perfecting that al dente texture and rich flavor that defines Italian cuisine. So roll up your sleeves and prepare for mouth-watering meals made with love – no stove required!
Step One: Cook Your Pasta
In a large saucepan, over medium heat, boil the pasta to al dente, according to the package’s instruction, then drain and rinse with cold water.
Step Two: Season Your Pasta
Add the drained pasta to a large bowl, add a little oil, and seasonings, and toss to coat. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees f, and the cooking time for 3-5 minutes.
Step Three: Air Fry Your Pasta
Place the coated pasta into the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and then set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes, about halfway through the cooking process, shake your air fryer basket.
Step Four: Serving
Allow your pasta chips to cook for 2-34 minutes, then remove them from the air fryer basket, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips For Cooking Pasta In Air Fryer
- Uncooked Pasta: Start with using raw pasta or leftover pasta. Cook the pasta al dente, so it does not get too crunchy.
- Short Pasta: Short pasta works best for this recipe, use bow tie, low-carb pasta. Short pasta works better than lasagna noodles, spaghetti, or linguine.
- Drain Pasta: Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water, before adding the oil.
- Easy Clean-Up: Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper, or use a cake pan, to add your pasta chips too.
- Air Fyrer: You can make these air fryer pasta chips in any air fryer basket or oven model, including the Ninja Foodi, or Instant Pot Vortex.
- Depending On The Size Of Your Air Fryer: You may need to cook these in batches.
- Crunchy Pasta; Add a couple of minutes to the cooking time.
What To Serve Fried Pasta With
Fried pasta makes a delicious main dish or side dish. To make your meal complete, pair it with some complementary sides and sauces that enhance the flavors of the fried pasta.
Sides like roasted vegetables, air-fried broccoli, or even air fryer asparagus are great accompaniments to fried pasta. These items can be simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder or lightly tossed with a bit of olive oil.
For a more traditional Italian-style meal, serve fried pasta with marinara sauce. This classic tomato-based sauce compliments the dish nicely and adds an extra layer of flavor. If you’re looking to make your own version, try mixing diced tomatoes, garlic, and fresh basil.
If you’re looking for something lighter, try a salad as a side for your fried pasta. A simple green salad with a vinaigrette dressing provides some freshness and acts as a balance to the richness of the dish.
Pasta Chips Air Fryer Dipping Sauce
Pasta chips are a delicious snack that can be prepared quickly and easily in the air fryer. They’re the perfect accompaniment to any dipping sauce, from classic ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, pasta sauce, tomato sauce, or marinara sauce to more creative concoctions like pesto-alfredo or chipotle-honey
How To Store
Let the pasta chips cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will last for 2-3 days.
More Air Fryer Recipes
This is a great way to cook pasta in the air fryer. This easy recipe is perfect for a family snack, or for game day! This is a great way to use all the cooking appliance has to give you! Pasta is cooked to crispy perfection, and served with my nacho cheese recipe!
Can You Cook Pasta In An Air Fryer
- 1 pound pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, or cheddar cheese powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, boil the pasta to al dente, according to the package's instruction, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the drained pasta to a large bowl, add a little oil, and seasonings, and toss to coat. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees f, and the cooking time for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the coated pasta into the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and then set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes, about halfway through the cooking process, shake your air fryer basket.
- Allow your pasta chips to cook for 2-34 minutes, then remove them from the air fryer basket, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Air Fryer, AIr Fryer Basket or AIr Fryer Oven