Air Fryer Pasta Chips are crispy, flavorful, and super satisfying. With Italian flavor and a crunch in every bite, they make a fantastic snack or appetizer.
Air Fryer Pasta
Air Fryer Pasta Chips have taken TikTok by storm, and of course, for everyone who owns an air fryer, it’s one of the most googled recipes right now!
Once you try this pasta chips recipe, it’s not hard to see why they are so popular!
So, I wanted to share with you all a foolproof and easy way to air fry pasta.
The result will be a new snack you and your family will fall in love with. These pasta chips in the air fryer cook fast too.
If you are looking for some other great Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER DRY RUBBED CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER BAKED BRIE, AIR FRYER LEMON CRAB CAKES, and AIR FRYER FROZEN FISH STICKS.
Why You’ll Love To Air Fry Pasta
- Satisfies salt cravings
- Tastes incredible
- Quick to make
- Crowd pleaser
- Require minimal ingredients
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Vegetable Oil
- Cooking Spray
- Marinara Sauce
How To Make Air Fryer Pasta Chips
Step 1: Boil the pasta
Begin by boiling the bowtie pasta per the box’s instructions. Drain pasta and pat dry.
Step 2: Coat with oil
Place the pasta in a bowl with the oil and gently rotate the pasta with your hands, so all pasta is covered in the oil. Move pasta to a colander to drain all excess fat.
Step 3: Air fry pasta
Spray air fryer basket. Place pasta in a single layer at the bottom of the basket. Air fry at 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5-10 minutes. The air fryer pasta is done when it is golden brown. Move pasta chips to a plate and immediately season with spices. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping and enjoy!
- Any pasta works. My favorites are ziti, bow tie, and even penne. Try to use a medium-size pasta, which will be easier to pick up with tongs.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. For this recipe to work, you really want to ensure that the hot air around the basket can flow in and out so the pasta chips get crispy! No soggy chips wanted here!
- Spray your basket with cooking spray or use a parchment liner to ensure they do not stick to the air fryer basket or tray.
- Shake your basket several times during the cooking process, so all your Air Fryer Pasta Chips get evenly cooked.
- Keep the oil to a minimum. You do not need a lot of oil to perfectly crisp these up. You really just want the air fryer pasta to be thinly coated and not dripping.
- Go wild on seasonings. You can use any seasoning mix! I love a great Italian seasoning on mine, but you can use your favorite.
What brand of air fryer do I need?
Any brand of air fryer you have will work fine. So, no matter if you are using the Instant Pot Vortex, GoWise, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, Ninja Foodi, or even your Instant Pot Crisp Lid, this pasta chips recipe will work perfectly. The biggest thing is that the cook time may need to be adjusted by a few minutes depending on how your device cooks.
What if I don’t have an air fryer? Can I bake pasta chips?
Remember that anything you make in the air fryer can easily make in the oven and vice versa.
Cook the pasta as directed in the recipe below and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, and remove when golden brown.
Remember, you can even make these in an air fryer oven too!
Are Pasta Chips healthier than potato chips?
If you’re looking for a healthier snack option, you may be wondering if pasta chips are better than potato chips. Both types of chips are high in calories and carbs, but pasta chips may have the edge when it comes to nutrients in some cases.
There are many types of pasta on the market that are packed with nutrients, have fewer calories, and are filled with fiber. You can even choose low carb options to make them ideal for any diet plan.
So, how healthy they are is going to depend on what type of pasta you use for these pasta chips in the air fryer.
Are they hard to bite into like raw pasta?
No! if you have ever tried to bite into raw pasta, you know it’s tough to chew.
Instead, this pasta chips recipe has the consistency and texture of potato chips or pretzels. They are a great treat, snack, or appetizer!
What’s the best shape pasta to use?
I would recommend that you use medium-size pasta for this recipe. My favorites are bowtie pasta, ziti, rigatoni, and even penne pasta.
You can also use gluten-free, low carb, and other types of pasta. Remember to cook them per the package instructions for best results.
Can You Use Ravioli?
Yes, this has been one of my family’s snacks for years; check out the recipe here!
Can I use gluten-free pasta?
You can make this recipe with any pasta, including Gluten-Free, Keto, Low-Carb, Vegan, or any other pasta you want to prepare it with.
Follow the cooking directions on the package for best results.
How To Store:
These Air Fryer Pasta Chips are best eaten and served right after you make them, but they will stay good for about 2 to 3 days if you have any leftovers.
Store them in either a freezer bag or an airtight container at room temperature for best results.
How To Serve:
While I went with a basic marinara sauce, there are many ways to season them and serve them. Here are a few suggestions:
- Ranch Seasoning Mix or Ranch Dressing
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Salsa, Guacamole, or Sour Cream
- Cajun Seasoning Mix
- Lemon & Pepper Seasoning Mix
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER SOUTHERN STYLE CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER OLD BAY SHRIMP
- EASY AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD
- AIR FRYER LEMON CRAB CAKES
- AIR FRYER FROZEN TAQUITOS
- EASY AIR FRYER FROZEN OKRA
Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Begin by boiling the bowtie pasta per the box's instructions.
- Drain pasta and pat dry.
- Place the pasta in a bowl with the oil and gently rotate the pasta with your hands, so all pasta is covered in the oil.
- Move pasta to a colander to drain or strain to drain all excess oil.
- Spray air fryer basket.
- Place pasta in a single layer at the bottom of the basket.
- Air fry at 375 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
- Pasta chips are done when they are golden brown.
- Move pasta chips to a plate and immediately season with spices
- Serve with a marinara sauce for dipping and enjoy!
- Air Fryer