Air Fryer Pasta Chips have taken the TikTok World by Storm, and of course, for everyone who owns an air fryer, it’s one of the most googled recipes this week!
So, I wanted to share with you all a foolproof and easy way to make any pasta chip in your air fryer.
So, no matter if you are using the Instant Pot Vortex, GoWise, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, Ninja Foodi, or even your Instant Pot Crisp Lid, this recipe will work perfectly.
The result will be a new snack you and your family will absolutely fall in love with. And since you are making them in the air fryer, they are done in minutes so that they will become your favorite homemade air fryer chip recipes!
If you are looking for some other great Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER DRY RUBBED CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER BAKED BRIE, AIR FRYER LEMON CRAB CAKES, and AIR FRYER FROZEN FISH STICKS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Vegetable Oil
- Cooking Spray
- Marinara Sauce
How To Make Air Fryer Pasta Chips
Begin by boiling the bowtie pasta per the box’s instructions. Drain pasta and pat dry.
Place the pasta in a bowl with the oil and gently rotate the pasta with your hands, so all pasta is covered in the oil. Move pasta to a colander to drain or strain to drain all excess oil.
Spray air fryer basket. Place pasta in a single layer at the bottom of the basket. Air fry at 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5-10 minutes. Pasta chips are done when they are golden brown. Move pasta chips to a plate and immediately season with spices. Serve with a marinara sauce for dipping and enjoy!
- This recipe will work with any pasta, and my favorites are ziti, bow tie, and even penne. Try to use a medium-size pasta, which will be easier to pick up with tongs.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. For this recipe to work, you really want to ensure that the hot air around the basket can flow in and out, so the pasta chips get crispy! No soggy chips wanted here!
- Spray your basket with a cooking spray or use a parchment line liner to ensure they do not stick to the air fryer basket or tray.
- Shake your basket several times during the cooking process, so all your Air Fryer Pasta Chips get evenly cooked.
- You do not need a lot of oil to perfectly cook these up. You really want them to be thinly coated, so they start to crisp up.
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer basket or oven model, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and even the Mealthy Lid. The recipe will work the same. The time will vary by a few minutes.
- You can use any seasoning mix, and I love a great Italian seasoning on mine, which is What I used, by you can use your favorite.
What if I don’t have an air fryer? Can I bake them?
Absolutely, remember that anything that you make in the air fryer can easily make in the oven, and vice versa.
Cook the pasta as directed in the recipe below and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, remove when golden brown.
Are they hard to bite into like raw pasta?
No, if you have ever tried to bite into raw pasta, you will determine it’s tough to chew.
This has the consistency and texture of potato chips and pretzels. They are a great treat, snack, or dessert!
What’s the best shape pasta to use?
I would recommend that you use medium-size pasta for this recipe. Some of my favorites are bow-tie pasta, ziti, rigatoni, and even penne pasta.
You can also use gluten-free, low carb, and other types of pasta. Remember to cook them per the package instructions for best results.
Can I use gluten-free pasta?
You can prepare this recipe with any pasta, including Gluten-Free, KETO, Low-Carb, Vegan, and other pasta that you want to prepare it with.
Follow the cooking directions on the package for best results.
How To Store Air Fryer Pasta Chips
These Air Fryer Pasta Chips are best eaten and served right after you make them, but they will stay good for about 2 to 3 days if you have any leftovers.
Store them in either a freezer bag or an airtight container for best results.
Best Dipping Sauces For Air Fryer Pasta Chips
While today I went with a basic marinara sauce, there are so many ways that you can season them and serve them. Here are a few suggestions:
- Ranch Seasoning Mix–Ranch Dressing
- Taco Seasoning Mix-Salsa, Guacamole, and Sour Cream
- Cajun Seasoning Mix
- Lemon & Pepper Seanong Mix
Some Other Great Air Fryer Appetizers
- AIR FRYER SOUTHERN STYLE CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER OLD BAY SHRIMP
- EASY AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD
- AIR FRYER LEMON CRAB CAKES
- AIR FRYER FROZEN TAQUITOS
- EASY AIR FRYER FROZEN OKRA
Don’t Forget To Pin:
- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Begin by boiling the bowtie pasta per the box's instructions.
- Drain pasta and pat dry.
- Place the pasta in a bowl with the oil and gently rotate the pasta with your hands, so all pasta is covered in the oil.
- Move pasta to a colander to drain or strain to drain all excess oil.
- Spray air fryer basket.
- Place pasta in a single layer at the bottom of the basket.
- Air fry at 375 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
- Pasta chips are done when they are golden brown.
- Move pasta chips to a plate and immediately season with spices
- Serve with a marinara sauce for dipping and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.