Are you looking for a light, tasty, and easy-to-make appetizer? Then look no further than these air fryer lemon crab cakes! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious seafood dish perfect for any occasion. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Air Fryer Lemon Crab Cakes are amazing! Serve your family a plate of homemade crab cakes tonight, and have a great meal!
Nothing is better than homemade air fryer crab cakes, and this recipe is no different, infused today with lemon!
I love a great plate of homemade crab cakes, but I’m always looking for new recipes to develop for my family, and this one will not disappoint.
They are amazing if you have not made crab cakes in the air fryer! Light, tender, and flaky, all at the same time!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Seafood Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER SALMON WITH WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD, AIR FRYER MAPLE GLAZED SALMON, AIR FRYER BAKED SHRIMP SCAMPI, and AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS.
The Best Air Fryer Crab Cake Recipe!
Do you love crab cakes? If so, you’ll love this air fryer crab cake recipe! It’s simple to make and SO delicious. The best part is that it’s healthy, too – thanks to the air fryer! After trying this recipe, you’ll never want to eat a regular crab cake again. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Lemon Crab Cakes
The crab cake is a classic dish that can be made in many ways. This recipe will show you how to make light and fluffy lemon crab cakes using your air fryer. These crab cakes are perfect for any occasion! So let’s get started!
- Lump Crab Meat
- Green Onion
- Bread Crumbs
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
FOR THE FULL RECIPE & INGREDIENT LIST, KEEP ON SCROLLING, UNTIL YOU GET TO A RECIPE CARD BELOW–
How To Cook Lemon Crab Cakes In The Air Fryer
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to cook crab cakes, the air fryer is your appliance! Your crab cakes will be perfectly cooked in just a few short minutes. Keep reading for a simple recipe that’ll leave your taste buds satisfied. Crab cake lovers rejoice!
Mix the crab, green onion, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
Shape into 4 patties, then place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up.
Spray your air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray. Then, place your patties on top, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes for air fryer setting.
Tips For Making The Best Crab Cakes:
- Do not Over Mix: Use your hands and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Do not over-mix; otherwise, you end up with dense crab cakes.
- More Lemon Flavor? Adjust the lemon zest according to your taste buds. If you want more lemon add more zest.
- What To Serve With? Serve with a great dipping sauce!
- Flipping Halfway: Depending on your air fryer, you may have to flip them halfway during cooking.
- Spray Your Cooking Basket? Spray your basket with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper so the crab cakes do not stick.
How To Store
If you have any crab cakes left over, they make a tremendous next-day meal. Wrap the crab cakes in saran wrap, and place them in the refrigerator.
They will last for about 2 to 4 days.
How To Reheat A Crab Cake
If you have any leftover crab cakes, you can easily reheat them in the air fryer. Place them into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 to 7 minutes.
To add more crispness, spray them with cooking before air frying!
Can You Freeze Homemade Crab Cake?
Yes! Crab cakes are the perfect make-ahead meal to go from the freezer to the air fryer. Prepare them as directed below, and freeze them before you cook them. Wrap them in saran wrap and then a couple of times in aluminum foil, then place them into a freezer bag.
They will last for about 2 to 3 months.
How To Make Frozen Crab Cakes In Air Fryer
If you purchase or make crab cakes and then freeze them. Place them into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for 8 to 12 minutes.
Flip halfway during the cooking process. And make sure they are filled and cooked before removing them from the air fryer.
What Sauces To Serve With Crab Cakes?
Crab cakes are popular, but what sauces can you serve with them? Here are some great options!
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes:
Looking for more seafood recipes to try in your air fryer? You’re in luck! We’ve gathered some of our favorite recipes for you to try. From shrimp to salmon, there’s something for everyone. So get cooking and enjoy the delicious taste of seafood cooked in your air fryer.
- EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS
- EASY AIR FRYER SALMON WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- AIR FRYER SALMON PATTIES
- EASY AIR FRYER CLASSIC FRENCH MUSSELS
- AIR FRYER, BASIL PESTO SHRIMP KEBOBS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Lemon Crab Cakes
- 8 ounces fresh lump crab
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the crab, green onion, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine well.
- Shape into 4 patties, then place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Spray your air fryer basket or tray with olive oil.
- Then place your patties on top, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes (air fryer setting)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional