Air Fryer Lemon Crab Cakes are amazing! Serve up a plate of homemade crab cakes to your family tonight, and have a great meal!
There is nothing better than homemade air fryer crab cakes, and this recipe is no different, infused today with lemon!
I love a great plate of homemade crab cakes, but I’m always looking for new recipes to develop for my family, and this one will not disappoint.
If you have not made crab cakes in the air fryer, they’re are amazing! Light, tender, and flaky, all at the same time!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Seafood Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER SALMON WITH WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD, AIR FRYER MAPLE GLAZED SALMON, AIR FRYER BAKED SHRIMP SCAMPI, and AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Lemon Crab Cakes
- Lump Crab Meat
- Green Onion
- Bread Crumbs
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
FOR THE FULL RECIPE & INGREDIENT LIST, KEEP ON SCROLLING, UNTIL YOU GET TO A RECIPE CARD BELOW–
How To Make Air Fryer Lemon Crab Cakes
Mix the crab, green onion, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
Shape into 4 patties, then place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up.
Spray your air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray. Then place your patties on top, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 to 10 minutes.
Tips For Making The Best Crab Cakes:
- Use your hands and mix until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. Do not over mix; otherwise, you end up with dense crab cakes.
- Adjust the lemon zest according to your taste buds. If you want more lemon add more zest.
- Serve with a great dipping sauce!
- Depending on your air fryer, you may have to flip them hallway during the cooking process.
- Spray your basket with cooking spray or line with parchment paper, so the crab cakes do not stick.
How To Store Leftover Lemon Crab Cakes
If you have any crab cakes leftover, they make a great next-day meal. Wrap the crab cakes up in saran wrap, and place them into the refrigerator.
They will last for about 2 to 4 days.
How To Reheat Leftover Lemon Crab Cakes
If you have any leftover crab cakes, you can easily reheat them in the air fryer. Place them into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 to 7 minutes.
To add some more crispness, spray them with cooking spray before air frying!
How To Freeze Lemon Crab Cakes
Crab cakes are the perfect make-ahead meal to go from the freezer to the air fryer. Prepare them as directed below, and freeze them before you cook them. Wrap them in saran wrap and then a couple of times in aluminum foil, then place them into a freezer bag.
They will last for about 2 to 3 months.
To Cook Frozen Crab Cakes In The Air Fryer
If you purchase or make crab cakes and then freeze them. Place them into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for 8 to 12 minutes.
Flip halfway during the cooking process. And make sure they are filled cooked before removing them from the air fryer.
Some Great Dips To Serve With Crab Cakes:
Some Other Great Air Fryer Seafood Recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 8 ounces fresh lump crab
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the crab, green onion, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine well.
- Shape into 4 patties, then place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Spray your air fryer basket or tray with olive oil.
- Then place your patties on top, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes (air fryer setting)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 11g