Air Fryer Butter Board Viral Tiktok Recipe — Unless you have been living under a rock, you probably heard of TikTok’s Viral Sensation, the Butter Board. So, of course, I had to make one…but my mind had a twist, I wanted to create one using the air fryer. So, if you are looking for The Best Air Fryer Butter Board, keep on reading!
Now, we all know that there is nothing better than a giant plate of appetizers, whether you are making my Air Fryer Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Poppers, Air Fryer Seasoned French Fries, or one of my favorites Air Fryer Mozzarella Pizza Bread, and this air fryer butter board, will not disappoint.
What Is A Butter Board?
With the recent popularity of butter boards on social media, you may be wondering what exactly a butter board is.
Well, it is a fun and easy alternative to bread with your favorite flavors! They’re perfect as an appetizer or snack when friends come over – just make sure there’s enough for everyone because these will go fast!!
And it couldn’t be any easier or simple! You spread delicious butter onto a wooden board before sprinkling in some extra ingredients such as spices like garlic, salt, cinnamon sugar, etc.; then finishing off by giving it all one last drizzle of olive oil, right before serving.
This is sure to be a hit at the upcoming holidays, whether it’s a Halloween Party, Thanksgiving Dinner, or Christmas! This is going to be an amazing dish to make and share at your next holiday party!
Ingredients on a Butter Board
If you’re a cook, then you know that having all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go is key to a successful dish. But sometimes it can be hard to keep track of everything when you’re busy in the kitchen. A butter board can help make sure that you have all of your ingredients at hand, and it’s a great way to organize them too! Here are some tips on how to set up your own butter board.
- Butter: The key ingredient, I would recommend using a good quality butter such as Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter, Land O’ Lakes, or Vital Butter.
- Garlic: Use freshly roasted garlic, the air fryer makes a quick roasted garlic spread.
- Cheese: I used freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Capers: Add a lot of flavor, and texture to the board
- Baguettes: Nothing is better for serving than fresh air-fried bagel chips!
- Seasonings and Spices: Sea Salt, and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
How To Make An Air Fryer Butter Board
Set the butter out at room temperature to soften (for about 30-60 minutes – the butter needs to be soft to the touch so it will spread) Slice the bagel in half (so you have 2 sides shaped like a “C”) Cut the halves into thin slices, about 1/8” thick.
Place the slices on a baking sheet or cutting board and coat them with a thin layer of olive oil (I prefer to use cooking spray for this because it’s a lot easier than trying to drizzle olive oil evenly).
Season the bagels with garlic powder. Arrange the slices in a single layer in the air fryer (make sure pieces aren’t overlapping) and cook at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7-9 minutes. You may need to do 2-3 batches to cook all the slices.
While the bagel chips are cooking, prepare the butter board. Spread the butter over your serving platter or board. Use a butter knife to create swirls/patterns in the butter. Place dollops of the smashed roasted garlic throughout the butter.
Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients evenly over the entire board. Serve immediately with the air fryer bagel chips and enjoy!
Butter Board Variations
You don’t even need a special occasion, or holiday to make this amazing butter board! Here are some of our favorite ways that you can change up the parts for each design.
- Seasonings and Spices: Add some heat to your board, by serving with a dash of red pepper flakes, or chili powder. I love adding some Everything But the Bagel Seasonings, which complement this easy butter board!
- Fresh Vegetables: Serve with sliced green onions, bell peppers, air fryer roasted olives, air fryer roasted artichokes, or even air fryer roasted fennel!
- Nuts and Dried Fruit: Add some air fryer-roasted cashews, air fryer-roasted pecans, or even air fryer roasted macadamia nuts. You can also add some dried fruit, such as cranberries, air fryer apple fries, raisins, or even air fryer roasted pineapples.
- Base: You can easily change the butter out for cream cheese! How yummy would that be, grab your favorite cream cheese, this would make for a great holiday brunch or breakfast!
How to Make Air Fryer Butter Board Viral Tiktok Recipe Ahead of Time and How To Store
If you have any leftovers or want to make this ahead of time, wrap the board with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Allow sitting at room temperature for about 45 minutes to allow butter to soften before serving again.
Do I Have To Use Unsalted Butter?
I recommend unsalted butter for this recipe because of the saltiness of the other ingredients. Salted butter is a great option for butter boards with toppings that are more on the sweet side.
What Breads Can You Use For A Butter Board
When planning a butter board, it can be difficult to decide on the perfect breads to serve alongside melted butter or flavored spreads.
One option is to choose varieties with a sturdy texture that can hold up to spreading, such as baguette slices or sourdough bread rounds. Another option is to choose breads with unique flavors and textures, such as garlic knots or savory herb focaccia.
Of course, a butter board wouldn’t be complete without some sliced brioche or sweet Hawaiian rolls for added contrast. Experiment with different breads to find the perfect combination for your next butter board spread. Regardless of which breads you choose, don’t forget to top them off with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt for the ultimate finishing touch.
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
Looking for some delicious, quick appetizer recipes for your next party or gathering? Look no further than the air fryer! These compact kitchen appliances can be used for a variety of tasty treats, from crispy buffalo cauliflower bites to crunchy Parmesan truffle fries. Not only are these dishes easy to whip up, but they also require little to no oil, making them a healthier alternative to traditional fried appetizers.
So, get ready to impress your guests with these mouthwatering air fryer appetizers. Want something warm and cheesy? Try out our recipe for air fried stuffed mushrooms, filled with a blend of cream cheese and breadcrumbs.
Looking for a vegan option? Our spicy buffalo tofu bites are coated in a tantalizing hot sauce mixture and cooked until perfectly crisp. The possibilities are endless with the air fryer – let’s get cooking!
Air Fryer Butter Board Viral Tiktok Recipe
- 1 large bagel
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons capers
- Set the butter out at room temperature to soften (for about 30-60 minutes – the butter needs to be soft to the touch so it will spread)
- Slice the bagel in half (so you have 2 sides shaped like a “C”)
- Cut the halves into thin slices, about 1/8” thick.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet or cutting board and coat with a thin layer of olive oil (I prefer to use cooking spray for this because it’s a lot easier than trying to drizzle olive oil evenly).
- Season the bagels with garlic powder.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer in the air fryer (make sure pieces aren’t overlapping) and cook at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7-9 minutes. You may need to do 2-3 batches to cook all the slices.
- While the bagel chips are cooking, prepare the butter board.
- Spread the butter over your serving platter or board.
- Use a butter knife to create swirls/patterns in the butter.
- Place dollops of the smashed roasted garlic throughout the butter.
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients evenly over the entire board.
- Serve immediately with the air fryer bagel chips and enjoy!
- Air Fryer