Air Fryer Fried Mushrooms –Air fryer-fried mushrooms are a quick and easy appetizer that you can make ahead of time. It’s an excellent way to prepare healthy food for your family, friends, or guests without having to worry about messy frying pans. They are delicious!
.Air Fryer Mushrooms are delicious and crispy! They’re perfect for any game day, paired best with your favorite dipping sauces. You can also serve them as an appetizer at parties – the recipe pairs well because of all those great flavors combined in one bite.
With just a few ingredients, you can make a great and easy appetizer! And with a few twists, you can even make a KETO and low-carb batch! This also makes for a great vegetarian recipe! Oh, so good!
If you love a great Air Fryer Appetizer Recipe, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER PIZZA, AIR FRYER STUFFED MINI PEPPERS, AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY GOAT CHEESE EMPANADAS, and AIR FRYER SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC PESTO SAUCE.
WHAT KIND OF MUSHROOMS SHOULD I USE?
You can use any mushroom that you find at your local grocery store. Some of my favorite one’s for trying in the air fryer are:
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Button Mushrooms
- Morel Mushrooms
- Cremini Mushrooms
What is great about using a smaller mushroom like the white button mushrooms or even small portobello mushrooms for this recipe is that they are only one bite, a perfect appetizer.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Fried Mushrooms
- White Button Mushrooms
- All-Purpose Flour
- Panko or Italian Breadcrumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Fried Mushrooms
Start by cleaning your mushrooms: With a wet paper towel, wipe down your mushrooms. Then, mix the panko (or breadcrumbs), Parmesan Cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. In another bowl, add your eggs, and whisk with a fork. Add the flour to the third bowl.
Then dip your cleaned mushrooms into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally the bread crumb mixture. Make sure to let the excess egg drip off before adding it to the bread crumb mixture. I double-dipped my mushrooms back into the egg and then the bread crumbs to make sure they were fully coated.
As you coat them place them on a greased air fryer basket or tray. Spray the mushrooms with cooking spray. Set the tray into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 12 minutes. Flip the mushrooms, and spray again about halfway through the cooking process.
Seasoning: I used s simple seasoning blend, but you can add even more. If you like some heat, add some cayenne or smoked paprika into the panko mixture.
Panko Breadcrumbs: Fresh breadcrumbs are the best and will create a better appearance than store-bought ones. If you want to make this a Keto and low-carb friendly appetizer, change out the bread crumbs for a low-carb version.
Flour: You can easily substitute the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free, Keto, or low-carb option.
Which Air Fryer? This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model. Air Fryer Fried Mushrooms will also work in specialty air fryers like the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and the Mealthy Lid.
Crowding: Do not crowd the air fryer basket. Otherwise, you will end up with uneven mushrooms. The air fryer works by hot air circulating the food; if you block the air, they will not cook up evenly or adequately. For best results, leave some room around the mushrooms.
Oil: The oil will add a crispness to the fried mushrooms. Be sure to use high-heat oil, such as olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, or even sesame oil. You need an oil with a high smoke point.
My suggestion is to spray the entire breading with cooking spray, this way, it all crisps up.
Size: For best results, try to use about the same size mushrooms. This way, they all cook up at about the same time.
Timing: Note the cooking time will vary from air fryer to air fryer, so watch your mushrooms as they are cooking up.
Sauces For Mushrooms:
Sauces for mushrooms are a must-have if you’re looking to add some extra flavor and complexity. Here are our favorite spices for fried mushrooms:
- White win Butter Sauce
- Creamy Parmesan Mushroom sauce
- Mushroom Cream Sauce with Garlic and Thyme
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER PIZZA
- AIR FRYER STUFFED MINI PEPPERS
- EASY AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY GOAT CHEESE EMPANADAS
- AIR FRYER SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC PESTO SAUCE
- AIR FRYER ROASTED PEPITAS
- EASY AIR FRYER PARMESAN CRUSTED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER CRANBERRY BRIE CANAPES
- 8 ounces of any type of mushrooms, button, or diced portobello
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup panko or Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by cleaning your mushrooms: With a wet paper towel, wipe down your mushrooms.
- Then, mix the panko (or breadcrumbs), Parmesan Cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, add your eggs, and whisk with a fork. Add the flour to the third bowl.
- Then dip your cleaned mushrooms into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally the bread crumb mixture. Make sure to let the excess egg drip off before adding it to the bread crumb mixture. I double-dipped my mushrooms back into the egg and then the bread crumbs to make sure they were fully coated.
- As you coat them place them on a greased air fryer basket or tray.
- Spray the mushrooms with cooking spray.
- Set the tray into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Flip the mushrooms, and spray again about halfway through the cooking process.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 763mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.