The taste of a stuffed pepper without the greasy guilt? Yes, please! These mini peppers are cooked in an air fryer and stuffed with a delicious mixture of ground beef, rice, corn, bell pepper, and spices.
The recipe is so easy, and if you are looking for a new way to enjoy this dish, then give this recipe a try!
Stuffed peppers are a healthier alternative to traditional loaded nachos. They’re also packed with veggies and meat, making this dish not only nutritious but delicious as well!
Add some gooey melty cheese before serving for an overload of flavor in every bite that will have even your pickiest eater asking for seconds (not that we would mind at all).
With these easy instructions on making them either in either the oven or in the air fryer!
Either way will be delicious!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY GOAT CHEESE EMPANADAS, CRISPY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS, and AIR FRYER TURKEY CROQUETTES.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Easy recipe
- Basic ingredients
- Healthy and nutritious
- Loaded with veggies and protein
- Quick to make in the air fryer
- Cheesy, spicy, and delicious!
What Are Stuffed Mini Peppers?
Who doesn’t love a stuffed pepper? This classic dish is perfect for any dinner occasion. These mini peppers are the same but smaller and easier to handle. They’re also great if you want to serve them as an appetizer or side dish instead of a full meal.
They’re easy to make and only require a few ingredients. In addition, you can stuff these little guys with whatever your favorite filling might be – ground beef is always delicious! So whether you’re looking for something quick or need some inspiration on what recipe to try next, this recipe has all you need!
Air Fryer Mini Peppers Ingredients
- Mini Bell Sweet Peppers
- Black Beans
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
How to Make Air-Fried Mini Peppers
Step 1: Mix the ingredients
In a small bowl, mix the corn, black beans, tomatoes, and salt.
Step 2: Fill the peppers
Fill the peppers with the mixture. Top with a sprinkle of cheese. Place peppers into your air fryer basket in a single layer at 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 4 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Step 3: Top and serve
Top with sliced avocado, sour cream, and green onions.
- Vegetarian Option: You can easily use only cream cheese instead of ground beef to make this a vegetarian dish. The recipe and cooking time will be the same.
- Cheese Options: Do you love cheese? Change it out for Monterey jack, pepper jack, cheddar, or mozzarella.
- Toppings: Some great toppings are shredded lettuce, guacamole, pico de gallo, Cotija cheese, corn, pinto or black beans, olives, diced jalapenos, pickled red onions, or even diced cooked chicken or steak!
Tips and Variations
- Feel free to use any kind of bell pepper you like—red, yellow, orange, or green will all work great!
- You could also add diced jalapeños if you like things extra spicy.
- Try using some taco seasoning for extra flavor.
- Add some protein with cooked and diced chicken or steak.
- If you’re feeding a crowd, double or triple the recipe.
- Don’t forget to garnish your stuffed mini peppers with fresh parsley, cilantro, chives, or scallions for a pop of color and flavor!
- Make an Italian version with Italian sausage, tomato sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and mozzarella cheese.
- Make buffalo chicken stuffed mini peppers with shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and cream cheese.
- Use vegan cheese and omit the sour cream to make this vegan.
- Make cheesesteak mini bell peppers with green peppers, provolone cheese or cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and lean ground beef.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have any leftover air-fried mini peppers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Then, reheat them in the oven or back in your air fryer at 350 degrees F until they’re heated.
Once you make these stuffed mini peppers, you’ll never want to make another pepper dish again! They’re so easy to make and delicious – a family favorite. So give it a try next time you need something quick and comforting for dinner. Your whole family will love it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can stuffed mini peppers be frozen?
Yes! These can quickly be frozen:
- Cook them as directed, or even cook them before you cook them.
- Place them on a baking tray and freeze them until frozen solid.
- Remove them from the baking sheet, and put them into a freezer container or bag.
Then cook them as directed below. Since you are starting the Air Fryer Stuffed Mini Peppers from frozen, you will need to add a couple of minutes.
Should peppers be precooked before stuffing?
It depends on how you are making them. With this air fryer recipe, you do not need to precook the peppers. They will get cooked in the air fryer. If you are not using an air fryer, you may need to precook the peppers before stuffing them.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY GOAT CHEESE EMPANADAS
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COOKIES
- EASY AIR FRYER SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, AND ONIONS
- AIR FRYER BAGEL BITES
- AIR FRYER RIB EYE WITH GARLIC & BASIL BUTTER
- EASY AIR FRYER TURKEY CROQUETTES
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE KOURABIEDES (GREEK SUGAR COOKIES)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN:
Air Fryer Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1 cup can, drained or frozen thawed
- 1 cup black beans, canned, and drained
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 20 mini sweet peppers, assorted colors, and cut in half and seeded
- 1/2 cup Mexican Cheese, Shredded or Cheddar Cheese
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, diced
- In a small bowl, mix the corn, black beans, tomatoes, and salt. Then fill the peppers with the mixture. Top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Set them into your air fryer at 370 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 4 to 7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Move and top with the sliced avocado, sour cream, and green onions.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer