If you have not gotten around to making hand pies, let me tell you, they only look intimating, they are actually really simple.
If you are not familiar with the term of hand pie, it’s really just a fancy way of saying portable pie. Meaning you can take these with you anywhere you go, and since they look like you spent hours and hours in the kitchen, they would be perfect for you to take to the next family gathering or BBQ that you are invited to.
Hand pies as I discovered through Wikipedia, are actually just small pies. They are just filled pies that have been encased with dough, Meaning they are individual pies, with the filling inside, which makes them perfect walking around food. My kids are so going to love these, in September when I put them into their lunch boxes.
These make the perfect dessert since the kids can take them out of the kitchen, while I am cleaning the kitchen.
Here are some pointers when making hand pies, and if you follow these, I promise you will be making hundreds of them in no time.
And if you are looking for an amazing group of Air Fryer Experts, all who share their wisdom and knowledge, and great recipes, feel free to join here!!
First: Invest in a set of biscuit cutters, they come in handy for all of your baking, air fryer or regular.
Second, your air fryer type will make a difference in your cooking time, so I recommend that you set your time for a few minutes after it should be done, so that you don’t burn them, because there is nothing worse than a burned pie.
Don’t Forget to Pin–
My kids loved these, I loved that they were so easy to make, they made for a great late-night snack.
- 1 package refrigerated pie dough
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Turbinado sugar
- Start by mixing the blueberries, sugar, flour, and goat cheese in a small mixing bowl.
- Then lay out your dough on a cutting board.
- Using a biscuit cutter cut your circles (any size you wish).
- Spoon about a tablespoon of filling onto the middle of the circle.
- Fold the empanada over and use fork tines to seal the dough.
- As you make them place them on a greased air fryer basket or air fryer basket.
- Brush the beaten egg over the pastry and then dust with the sugar.
- Then set in the air fryer basket or oven and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: blueberry goat cheese recipe homemade blueberry empanadas blueberry goat cheese costco blueberry goat cheese sandwich blueberry cream cheese empanadas blueberry empanadas recipe blueberry goat cheese tart blueberry goat cheese walmart