Air Fryer Blueberry Goat Cheese Empanadas –These empanadas are a great way to use up all of the blueberries you have left in your fridge. They’re also easy to make and delicious! I guarantee that you’ll be coming back for more.
One of the most popular desserts in Latin America is empanadas. They are usually filled with savory ingredients like ground beef or chicken, but these blueberry goat cheese empanadas are a twist on the traditional dessert.
The filling is made up of fresh blueberries and creamy goat cheese, which give them a fantastic flavor without being too sweet. These little hand pies make for the perfect summertime treat!
Of course, they all bake up amazingly in the Air Fryer! The pastry is light and fluffy, while the instead is creamy and fantastic!
There is nothing better than baking in the Air Fryer! Some of my favorite Air Fryer Dessert Recipes are AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COOKIES, AIR FRYER COPYCAT BJ’S RESTAURANT & BREWHOUSE, CHOCOLATE CHIP PIZZA COOKIE, AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES, and AIR FRYER EASY BLUEBERRY COBBLER.
What Is An Empanada?
Empanadas are a popular snack or meal all over South America. Originally from Spain, they became popular in other countries as well, like Argentina and Uruguay. They’re usually stuffed with meat and cheese and baked until crispy on the outside.
What makes them different than any other kind of sandwich is that they’re fried instead of baked, which creates a crunchy crust on the outside and delicious filling inside! You can make these at home right in your air fryer, without all of the oil and grease!
A healthier and delicious version!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Blueberry Goat Cheese Empanadas
Crumbled Goat Cheese
How To Make Air Fryer Blueberry Goat Cheese Empanadas
Start by mixing the blueberries, sugar, flour, and goat cheese in a small mixing bowl.
Then layout your dough on a cutting board. Using a biscuit cutter, cut your circles (any size you wish). Spoon about a tablespoon of filling onto the middle of the circle.
Fold the empanada over and use fork tines to seal the dough as you make them, place them on a greased air fryer basket or air fryer basket. Brush the beaten egg over the pastry and then dust with the sugar.
Then set in the air fryer basket or oven and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Why goat cheese?
Goat cheese is an excellent addition to these empanadas, giving them an extra creaminess that the other ingredients alone cannot do.
How to serve
These little goat cheese empanadas are so delicious, and you’ll be craving them hot from the air fryer or cold for an afternoon snack. They would pair beautifully with your mid-afternoon coffee, and it’s hard not to get addicted!
You can make your empanadas and store them for up to two days in advance, Store cooked ones wrapped individually with plastic, so they stay fresh until ready use.
You can also make these and freeze them. Then cook them right in the air fryer, from frozen.
.If you have any leftovers let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will last for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Reheat them in the air fryer until warmed through.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COOKIES
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT BJ’S RESTAURANT & BREWHOUSE, CHOCOLATE CHIP PIZZA COOKIE
- EASY AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- AIR FRYER SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, AND ONIONS
- AIR FRYER SPAGHETTI SQUASH
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Blueberry Goat Cheese Empanadas
- 1 package refrigerated pie dough
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Turbinado sugar
- Start by mixing the blueberries, sugar, flour, and goat cheese in a small mixing bowl.
- Then layout your dough on a cutting board.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut your circles (any size you wish).
- Spoon about a tablespoon of filling onto the middle of the circle.
- Fold the empanada over and use fork tines to seal the dough.
- As you make them place them on a greased air fryer basket or air fryer basket.
- Brush the beaten egg over the pastry and then dust with the sugar.
- Then set in the air fryer basket or oven and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional