Air Fryer Pizza Bombs —Do you want to make delicious, crunchy pizza bombs in a fraction of the time it takes for oven-baked pizza? With an air fryer, you can whip up your favorite homemade snack in no time.
If you love your air fryer, try some of my favorite recipes for a quick 10-minute snack. Pizza Bombs will give your mouth an explosion of flavors.
Below, we’ll share an easy recipe for Air Fryer Pizza Bombs that will surely be a hit with the whole family. From selecting the ingredients to serving them hot out of the fryer, get ready to enjoy some cheesy goodness with minimal effort!
What Are Air Fryer Pizza Bombs?
Homemade pizza bombs are yummy bite-sized snacks or appetizers that pack all the classic pizza flavors into a single, compact form. They typically consist of dough with sauce, cheese, and pizza toppings.
These ingredients are encased in the dough, creating a “bomb” baked to perfection. When you bite into a pizza bomb, you get a burst of pizza goodness with every mouthful. They’re perfect for parties, game days, or simply as a fun and convenient way to enjoy a quick treat.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fried Pizza Bombs
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make pizza bombs tonight!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutrition facts.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make delicious Air Fried Pizza Bombs:
- Pizza Dough: Refrigerated or homemade dough, enough to make about 12-16 small balls, depending on size. Other options are canned biscuit dough, buttermilk biscuits, or puff pastry.
- Pizza Sauce: Plus extra for serving.
- Cheese: Shredded mozzarella cheese or cubes.
- Pepperoni: Sliced.
- Italian Seasoning: Sprinkle on top for added flavor.
- Garlic Powder: To taste, for sprinkling on top.
- Olive Oil: For the tops of the pizza bombs before and after air frying. You can also use cooking spray or garlic butter.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: Optional for topping the pizza bombs after being cooked.
How To Cook Pizza Bombs In Air Fryer
With a few simple steps, making air fryer pizza bombs are perfect for the entire family, great for game day or a quick lunch or dinner!
Preheat the Air Fryer: Set your air fryer to preheat at 375 degrees F (190°C).
Prepare the Pizza Dough: Roll out your dough on a floured cutting board or flat surface to about 16 thin biscuit, and cut it into squares with a sharp knife or pizza cutter, or use kitchen shears. Cut each big enough to encase a dollop of sauce, cheese, and a slice of pepperoni.
Assemble the Pizza Bombs: On each square, place a spoonful of pizza sauce, pepperoni slices (and pizza toppings), and cheese. Pinch together the corners of the dough over the fillings and pinch the edges together to seal them, forming a ball.
Season: In a small bowl, add melted butter and Italian seasoning.
Cook: Spray your air fryer basket or air fryer tray with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the pizza bombs in the air fryer basket, seam side down and not touching each other. Cook at 375°F set cook time for 6-8 minutes or until turned golden brown and cooked through. Brush the air fryer pizza bombs with garlic butter.
Garnish and Serve: Remove the pizza bombs from the air fryer. Let them cool for a few minutes, add a dash of red pepper flakes, marinara sauce, tomato sauce, and sprinkle with cheese.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Pizza Bombs Recipe
- Seal the Edges Well: Seal the edges of your pizza bombs well to prevent the cheese from melting during cooking.
- Don’t Overcrowd: When placing the pizza bombs in the air fryer basket, leave enough space between them to allow the air to circulate for even cooking and browning.
- Temperature Check: All air fryers cook differently, so the first time you make these, watch them closely to ensure they don’t burn. If you notice they are browning too quickly, lower the temperature.
- Use Fresh Dough: If possible, use homemade fresh pizza dough for a better texture and flavor. You can often find fresh dough at the grocery store or your local pizzeria. You can also use refrigerated biscuit dough for a delicious pizza bombs snack.
- Customize Your Fillings: Feel free to customize the fillings according to your preference. Add sausage, pepper, onions, or mushrooms for a great twist.
- Brush with Butter: Add melted butter and Italian seasoning to make a garlic butter mixture.
- Parchment Paper: For easy clean up, use a piece of air fryer parchment paper.
- Serve with Dipping Sauce: Serve your pizza bombs with ranch dressing, or even garlic butter on the side for a tasty touch.
How To Store, Reheat, and Freeze Air Fryer Pepperoni Pizza Bombs
Storing, reheating, and freezing air fryer pizza bombs is a great way to enjoy them later. Here’s how to do it:
Storing Leftover Pizza Bombs:
- After cooking the pizza bombs, allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Place the cooled pizza bombs in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag.
- Store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- To reheat pizza bombs, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F (175°C).
- Place the pizza bombs in the air fryer basket or tray, making sure they are not overcrowded.
- Set coke time for 3-5 minutes or until they are warmed through.
- If you want to freeze pizza bombs for later, it’s best to freeze them before cooking.
- Assemble the pizza bombs as you normally would, but instead of cooking, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze them in a single layer for about 1-2 hours or until they are firm.
- Once they are frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or a resealable freezer bag. You can separate layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Label the container or bag with the date and contents.
- Store in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy the frozen treats, you can cook them directly from frozen in your air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F (175°C) and cook for 8-10 minutes. Monitor them to ensure they are heated through and melty cheese.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER 2-INGREDIENT OREO MUG CAKE
- BEST AIR FRYER MUG CAKE RECIPES FOR A SUPER EASY TREAT
- AIR FRYER LEMON MUG CAKE
- AIR FRYER M&M MUG COOKIE
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
I hope you loved this recipe for delicious air fryer pizza bombs! I am sure you will also love making them for your family! They make for amazing Air Fryer Appetizers!
Air Fryer Pizza Bombs
- 1 pound Refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Pepperoni or preferred toppings
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Set your air fryer to preheat at 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the Pizza Dough: Roll out your pizza dough and cut it into squares, each big enough to encase a dollop of pizza sauce, a piece of cheese, and a slice of pepperoni.
- Assemble the Pizza Bombs: On each square, place a spoonful of pizza sauce, a slice of pepperoni (or your preferred toppings), and a piece of mozzarella cheese. Fold the corners of the dough over the fillings and pinch the edges together to seal them, forming a ball.
- Season: Brush each pizza bomb with olive oil or melted butter and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Cook: Arrange the pizza bombs in the air fryer basket, seam side down and not touching each other. Cook at 375°F for about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Garnish and Serve: Remove the pizza bombs from the air fryer. Brush them with a little more olive oil or melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if using. Serve hot with extra pizza sauce for dipping.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional