Air Fryer Chips are crispy, delicious, and only require 3 ingredients. This potato chip recipe makes an excellent snack and are great for entertaining too!
Air Fryer Chips
Looking for a healthier alternative to traditional fried potato chips? Look no further than your air fryer! You can make homemade air fryer potato chips right at home using just a tiny amount of oil. Best of all, they’re much lower in fat and calories than their fried counterparts. Give them a try today!
You’ll get the same crispy texture without all the extra oil. Plus, air fried potato chips are super easy to make – just slice up some potatoes, season them to your liking, and pop them in the air fryer. In no time at all, you’ll have a delicious snack that’s perfect for satisfying your cravings. So go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds will thank you!
In the mood for more tasty snacks like this potato chips recipe? Try out my Classic Homemade Nuts and Bolts, Air Fryer Honey Roasted Almonds, Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Pecans, and Air Fryer Veggie Chips.
Why You’ll Love This Potato Chip Recipe
- Healthier than traditional potato chips
- Less than 1 hour to make
- Taste incredible
- Only 3 ingredients + any extra seasonings you like
- Party food
- Super simple potato chips recipe
What Is An Air Fryer?
Like most cooks, you’re always on the lookout for new kitchen gadgets that can make your life easier. If you’ve never heard of an air fryer before, you’re in for a treat! An air fryer is a small appliance that uses hot air to cook food. It’s similar to a convection oven, but it’s much smaller and compact. Air fryers are perfect for cooking small quantities of food, and they’re also very energy-efficient. So if you’re looking for a new way to cook food, an air fryer may be what you need!
What Are Air Fryer Potato Chips?
Do you know what potato chips are made of? Like most people, you probably think they’re just fried potatoes. But there’s a lot more to it than that. Potato chips are made from a particular type of potato that is peeled and sliced very thinly. They are then fried in oil and seasoned with salt. Some chips are also flavored with other seasonings, such as vinegar, cheese, or herbs. Potato chips are a popular snack food worldwide and can be enjoyed in many different ways. So next time you reach for a bag of chips, take a moment to appreciate all the hard work that went into making them!
Ingredients Needed For This Potato Chips Recipe
- Olive Oil
How To Make This Potato Chip Recipe
Step 1: Cut potatoes
Cut potatoes into thin slices using a mandolin (recommended) or a sharp knife. Wash the potato slices and soak them in cold water for at least 30 minutes to remove the starch.
Step 2: Drain and dry
Drain the potatoes, pat dry them properly, spread them over a paper towel in a single layer, and let them air dry for 10 minutes. (you should dry the potato slices completely to get crispy and crunchy chips)
Step 3: Season and air fry
Season the potato slices with oil and salt. Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C. Place the potato slices in the air fryer basket without overcrowding.
Cook for 8 minutes until crispy. Serve once they are cooled or stored in an airtight container and enjoy later.
- Storing: You can store the air fried potato chips in an airtight container for 10-12 days at room temperature.
- Cooking Time: The overall cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the potatoes. So, keep an eye on the air fryer chips when you make them the first time to ensure that they don’t burn.
- Soaking: Soaking in cold water helps remove excess starch and makes the chips crispy.
- When To Remove: Remove the chips from the air fryer as they turn slightly brown. Don’t overcook them.
- Seasonings: You can alter the seasoning as per your liking.
- What Potatoes To Use: You can use any potatoes to make chips however, try to get Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes for the best taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do air fryers make good chips?
Yes, this potato chip recipe is delicious! They will be crispy on the outside and tender within and without all the unhealthy oil.
Why Do I Need To Soak My Potatoes?
Soaking potatoes is a crucial step in the cooking process and is the only way to make the best air fried potato chips!
The traditional way of preparing potatoes for air frying or deep fat cooking is by soaking them to remove excess starch. This ensures that your homemade air fryer potato chips will be crisp on the outside.
However, don’t soak your potatoes in hot or warm water to keep them fresh. You should always use cold water when soaking your potatoes. Otherwise, the hot water will cause the starches to react, and your potato slices will turn very soggy and gummy.
More Air Fryer Loving Recipes to Try!
If you thought air frying couldn’t get any better, think again! We’ve got even more delicious recipes to share to show you just how versatile your air fryer can be. We’ve got something for everyone to enjoy, from main dishes to snacks and desserts. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
- AIR FRYER BEETS
- AIR FRYER SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- INSTANT POT VORTEX PLUS BROCCOLI PARMESAN
- AIR FRYER HASSELBACK BACON AND BLEU CHEESE POTATOES
- AIR FRYER ROASTED CARROTS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Chips
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or other high heat oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Cut potatoes into thin slices using a mandolin (recommended) or a sharp knife. Wash the potato slices and soak them in cold water for at least 30 minutes to remove the starch.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry them properly, spread them over a paper towel in a single layer, and leave it to air dry for 10 minutes. (The potato slices should be dried completely in order to get crispy and crunchy chips)
- Season the potato slices with oil and salt.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C. Place the potato slices in the air fryer basket without overcrowding.
- Cook for 8 minutes until crispy.
- Serve once they are cooled or store them in an airtight container and enjoy later.
- Air Fryer