Making Frozen Steak in Air Fryer is the way to go if you’re craving steak but don’t feel like messing with the grill! It is so easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. The best part is that it only takes a fraction of the time that grilling does.
Frozen Steak in Air Fryer
We love steak in my house — for us, it’s comfort food at its finest. There isn’t much quite like enjoying a hearty meal after a long day at work (or school for my kids!). And while grilled steak certainly is delicious, I don’t always have it in me to crank up the grill. That’s where cooking frozen steak in your air fryer comes in handy!
I like to use sirloin steak when cooking frozen steak in the air fryer. However, any cut will work great.
I have found that the best way to air fry frozen steak is to start by preheating your air fryer or turning the air fryer on for 5 minutes on the air fryer setting prior to cooking. This ensures that your steak will cook evenly throughout!
You’ll need to keep in mind that the cooking time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of the steak. So go ahead and grab those steaks from the freezer, and let’s learn how to cook a frozen steak in air fryer!
Can You Air Fry Frozen Steak?
Yes! Cooking steak from frozen in an air fryer is a great way to get delicious steak without waiting for it to thaw.
It’s also much faster than cooking a steak in the oven or stovetop, and you don’t have to worry about any of the hassles of dealing with hot oil or splattering fat.
Why You’ll Love Cooking Frozen Steak
- No thawing required
- Only 5 ingredients
- Quick and easy
- Low-carb and keto-friendly
Ingredients Needed To Air Fry Frozen Steak
- Olive Oil
- Steak Seasoning
- Black Pepper
How to Cook a Frozen Steak in Air Fryer
Step 1: Preheat
Start by preheating your air fryer, or turn your air fryer on for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Step 2: Prep and cook
Set your steaks into the air fryer basket of the preheated air fryer and brush with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and your favorite steak seasoning.
Note: If you prefer a nice crust on your steaks, start by searing them in some cooking oil (like vegetable oil or avocado oil) before placing them in the air fryer.
Set the cooking time for 8 minutes, air fryer setting.
Step 3: Flip and season
Flip your air fryer frozen steak, then brush with more olive oil and sprinkle on more seasoning.
Continue to air fry for another 5-8 minutes.
Step 4: Check and rest
Check your steak’s internal temperature — depending on how you like your steak, it may be done or may need a few more minutes.
Let the steak rest at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Add some garlic butter to the top of the steak.
- Season steaks with some garlic powder for extra flavor.
- Pair your steak dinner with some yummy side dishes like air fryer steak fries, regular French fries, waffle fries, tater tots, or mashed potatoes.
How Long Do I Cook Steak in Air Fryer?
You’ll have to air fry frozen steak for about 8 minutes per side if the meat is 1 to 2 inches thick. If your steak is thicker or thinner, you will need to adjust the cooking time. Sirloin works great for this recipe, but I also love to use Porterhouse, Filet, Ribeye steak, and T-bone steak.
What Are Other Types of Steak?
Different types of steak are the most popular in the world. Hamburgers, for example, are a type of steak made from ground beef cooked on a grill or frying pan.
There are different kinds of meat cuts that can be used to make hamburgers, such as chuck (chuck roast), round (round steak), and sirloin (sirloin steak). These cuts come from various parts of the cow.
This air fryer frozen steak recipe will work with any of the following cuts:
- Filet Mignon
- Rib eye
- Skirt Steak
- Flank Steak
- New York Strip
How Do I Know When My Air Fryer Frozen Steak is Done?
The best way to tell if your air fryer frozen steak is done is to use an instant-read thermometer. You can check the internal temperature of your steak by inserting the thermometer into the center of the steak.
Here are the internal temperatures for different levels of doneness:
- Rare: 125 degrees F
- Medium-Rare: 135 degrees F
- Medium: 145 degrees F
- Well Done: 160 degrees F and above
How Pink Should the Steak Be?
The amount of pink your steak will depend on how long you cook it and the level of doneness you want to achieve.
The following is a guideline of how the center of your steak should look for each level of doneness:
- Rare: bright red and warm to the touch
- Medium-Rare: warm and dark pink in the center with a ring of pink around the edge
- Medium: mostly light pink in the center
- Well Done: very little to no pink in the center
What is The Difference Between a Rare Steak and a Medium-Rare Steak?
The difference between a rare steak and a medium-rare steak is cooking time and temp. A medium-rare steak is cooked a bit longer, is 5-10 degrees warmer, and is dark pink in the center instead of red. If your steak looks rare, simply cook it for a few more minutes to get medium rare — and even longer for a medium steak or one that’s well done.
More Air Fryer Main Dish Recipes:
- AIR FRYER PISTACHIO CRUSTED SALMON
- AIR FRYER CORNED BEEF BRISKET
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN ALFREDO STUFFED SHELLS
- AIR FRYER VEAL CUTLETS
- AIR FRYER VEGAN MEATBALLS
Frozen Steak in Air Fryer
- 2 steaks
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by preheating your air fryer, or turn your air fryer on for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Set your steaks into the preheated air fryer, brush with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and your favorite steak seasoning.
- Set the time for 8 minutes, air fryer setting.
- Flip your steak, brush with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and your favorite steak seasoning.
- Continue to air fry for another 5-8 minutes.
- Check your steak's internal temperature; depending on how you like your steak, it may be done or may need a few more minutes.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer