Air Fryer Black and Bleu Steak — The steak is rubbed with a blend of spices and then topped with blue cheese before being cooked in the air fryer. It’s the perfect meal for a busy cook!
Anyone who knows anything about cooking meat will tell you to properly season your steaks before throwing them on the grill or in a pan. But what about air frying?
Air frying is a great option if you’re looking for a healthier way to cook your steak, and it’s also a great way to add some extra flavor. This recipe will show you how to make an air fryer black and blue steak. This steak is packed with flavor and will please everyone at your table. So fire up your air fryer, and let’s get started!
What Is Flank Steak?
Flank steak is a beef cut from the lower part of the cow’s back. It is a relatively thin piece of meat and can be tough if not cooked properly. However, when cooked correctly, flank steak is a tender and flavorful protein source.
Quick Flank Steak Recipe
Looking for a delicious and easy flank steak recipe? Look no further! This quick and easy flank steak recipe is perfect for any night of the week.
What Is Black and Bleu Steak?
Have you ever ordered a steak at a restaurant and been mystified by the name? If you’re unsure what black and bleu steak is, don’t worry – you’re not alone. This unique dish can be a little confusing to order, but it’s actually quite simple to make at home. Keep reading to learn more about this delicious dish!
Have you ever heard of black and bleu steak? It’s a delicious-sounding dish that is made with flank steak and a blue cheese sauce. The cheese sauce is what gives the steak its characteristic blue color. If you’re looking for an easy way to add excitement to your usual steak dinners, this recipe is worth checking out!
Another name for this recipe is Pittsburgh Style or Black and Blue Steak.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Black and Bleu Steak
You may be wondering if you need specific ingredients to make a black and blue steak using your air fryer. The good news is that this dish only requires a few simple ingredients, most of which you will likely have on hand. In addition, the steps for preparing this meal are straightforward and easy to follow. So, if you are looking for an easy way to cook a delicious steak dinner, keep reading!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Flank Steak: Look for a thinly sliced piece of flank steak. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cut it so it fits inside the air fryer basket.
- Garlic: Use freshly minced garlic for the best taste. You can even roast the garlic in the air fryer!
- Horseradish: Use prepared horseradish. One of my favorite brands is Inglehoffer.
- Bleu Cheese: Use your favorite crumbled bleu cheese.
- Sour Cream: Use low-fat or full-fat cream cheese.
- Cream Cheese: Use room temperature low-fat or full-fat cream cheese.
- Seasonings/Spices: Black Peppercorns, Salt, Parsley
How To Cook Black and Bleu Steak In The Air Fryer
Do you want to make a quick and easy steak dinner with a foodie twist? Black and bleu steak is the perfect answer! When cooked in an air fryer, this delicious entree can be prepared to absolute perfection – juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
Below, we will show you how simple it is to cook black and bleu steak in your air fryer.
From seasoning guidelines to cooking instructions, we’ll provide all the tips necessary for making restaurant-quality black and bleu steak right at home!
Step One: Prepare Ingredients
Soak 5-6 6” pieces of cooking twine in water for about 20-30 minutes.
Allow steak to come to room temperature, about 20-30 minutes. Rub the steak with olive oil on both sides. Combine cracked black peppercorns and salt in a small bowl or ramekin. Coat one side of the steak in seasoning.
Step Two: Prepare The Black and Blue Filling
Combine minced garlic, horseradish, blue cheese crumbles, sour cream, softened cream cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Step Three: Season The Outside Of The Steak
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5-7 minutes. Coat the unseasoned side of the steak in the blue cheese Sauce. Tightly roll steak from side to side and secure with cooking twine.
Step Four: Air Fry Steak
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. Place the steak roll into the air fryer. Cook for 13 minutes, flip over, and cook for seven more minutes.
Step Five: Serving
Let rest inside the air fryer for 10 minutes. Remove twine, Slice, and serve.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Black and Bleu Steak
Air frying is a great way to cook steak. It gives it a crispy crust while keeping the inside juicy. Here are some pro tips for the best air-fried black and bleu steak.
- Room Temperature: Remove the flank steak from the refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes before cooking it. When you let the steak come to room temperature, it tends to cook more evenly, and you get a tender piece of steak.
- Timing: Be careful not to overcook your flank steak, which will dry it out. Keep a close watch on your flank steak as it cooks up. Remember, every air fryer is slightly different so the cooking times will vary from air fryer to air fryer.
- Soak Your Twine: To prevent charring, soak your twine in water for about 20 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of steak is best for making black and blue steak?
The best steak for making black and blue steak is one that is tender and has a good amount of marbling, such as ribeye, flank steak, filet mignon, or New York strip.
How do I make blackened seasoning for the steak?
To make blackened seasoning, you can mix together paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
How long do I cook the steak in the air fryer?
The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the steak and your desired level of doneness. As a general rule of thumb, you can cook a 1-inch thick steak in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes for medium-rare, 10-12 minutes for medium, and 12-14 minutes for medium-well.
Can I use a regular oven instead of an air fryer?
Yes, you can use a regular oven to cook the steak instead of an air fryer. Preheat the oven to 400°F and bake the steak for 12-15 minutes or until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
What can I serve with black and blue steak?
You can serve black and blue steak with a side of roasted vegetables, a salad, or mashed potatoes.
What does “black and blue” mean in the context of steak?
“Black and blue” refers to a steak that is cooked on the outside until it has a charred or blackened crust, while the inside is left rare or blue. This is achieved by using high heat to sear the steak quickly and cooking it for a shorter time.
How do I know when my black and blue steak is done?
The best way to determine the doneness of your steak is to use a meat thermometer. For a rare steak, the internal temperature should be 125-130°F; for medium-rare, it should be 130-135°F; for medium, it should be 135-145°F; and for medium-well, it should be 145-155°F.
More Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
Are you looking for new air fryer dinner recipes to try out? If so, you’re in luck! In this post, we’ll share some of our favorite recipes that are perfect for a busy weeknight.
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken Recipe (Ninja Foodi Roast Chicken): We have the perfect Ninja Foodi roast chicken recipe for you today! This is a great dish to make on a Sunday afternoon, and it’s sure to please your family or guests. Plus, it’s really easy to prepare – novices can definitely handle this one! So why not give it a try today? We promise you won’t be disappointed. 🙂
- Air Fryer Taco Casserole: Looking for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner? Try this air fryer taco casserole! It’s made with simple ingredients and ready in just 30 minutes. Plus, it’s perfect for any Taco Tuesday celebration. Give it a try today!
Don’t Forget To Pin!
- Air Fryer Used: Instant Pot Vortex 5.7QT Large Air Fryer Oven Combo, Customizable Smart Cooking Programs, Digital Touchscreen, Nonstick, and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes
- Twine Used: Tenn Well Bakers Twine, 328 Feet 3Ply Cotton Kitchen Twine Food Safe Cooking String for Tying Meat, Trussing Chickens, Making Sausage, and More
Air Fryer Black and Bleu Steak
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon horseradish , prepared
- 1 cup bleu cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons parsley, as garnish
- Soak 5-6 6” pieces of cooking twine in water for about 20-30 minutes.
- Allow steak to come to room temperature, about 20-30 minutes. Rub the steak with olive oil on both sides. Combine cracked black peppercorns and salt in a small bowl or ramekin. Coat one side of the steak in seasoning
- Combine minced garlic, horseradish, blue cheese crumbles, sour cream, softened cream cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5-7 minutes. Coat the unseasoned side of the steak in the blue cheese Sauce. Tightly roll steak from side to side and secure with cooking twine.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. Place the steak roll into the air fryer. Cook for 13 minutes, flip over, and cook for seven more minutes.
- Let rest inside the air fryer for 10 minutes. Remove twine, Slice, and serve.
- Air Fryer