Air Fryer Dry Rubbed Chicken Wings is amazing! If you are looking for a batch of delicious air-fried wings coated with a simple seasoning mix, this is the recipe for you.
The air fryer does an amazing job with perfectly crisping up chicken wings, and after you make your first batch of air fryer chicken wings, I promise you will never order any out again!
And the key is that they are relatively healthy. With no olive being used, you get a healthy batch each time!
Some other great and easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes AIR FRYER TYSON CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER, SALT & VINEGAR CHICKEN WINGS, and AIR FRYER RED-PEPPER JELLY WINGS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Dry Rubbed Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings
- Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika, Onion Powder, Salt, Chili POwder, Paprika, Brown Sugar, Cumin, Garlic POwder, Caynee Pepper, Dried Mustard Powder, Black Pepper, Ground Thyme, and Oregno.
How To Make Air Fryer Dry Rubbed Chicken Wings
In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the rub ingredients. In another bowl, place the wings and olive oil, mix well so all of the wings are coated.
Then toss the wings into the rub.
Set the temperature to 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Then flip the wings, spray with olive oil, and air fry for another 10-15 minutes until they are cooked through; remember to check with a meat thermometer.
Optional: Toss with the extra dry rub, right before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS:
- This recipe will work with frozen chicken wings, but you will need to increase the cooking time, by a few minutes.
- To get the dry rub to adhere, dry your chicken wings off with a paper towel.
- Do not crowd your air fryer basket otherise they will not cook up properly.
- Adjust the rub to your own taste buds.
How Many Wings Can I Cook at Once?
The number of chicken wings that you can cook in your air fryer at one time will depend on the air fryer that you own.
Remember not to crowd the basket. Otherwise, they will not cook up correctly. Leave plenty of space around the wings.
What About Buffalo Wings?
You can use this recipe and add a simple buffalo sauce to the cooked wings. It will add a lot of flavor to the dish.
You can always coat the wings with buffalo sauce and then place them back into the air fryer.
What to Serve with Chicken Wings?
This is a great recipe, and it really needs nothing with it. You can serve a plate of chicken wings, and it makes a great lunch, snack, or dinner.
But you can also serve it as part of the meal. I love serving mine with a great garden salad, some potato salad, or macaroni salad.
Other Uses for the Dry Rub?
I actually use this dry rub for almost all of my proteins, including pork chops, pork tenderloin, and even a chicken breast.
It is a great and easy seasoning mix that you can usually make directly from your spice rack and pantry.
How Long Does Chicken Rub Last?
This rub will last for about 2 to 3 months. Just keep it in a sealed, airtight container in a dark place for best results.
Can You Air Fry Frozen Chicken Wings with Dry Rub?
Yes, I often use frozen chicken wings in this recipe because, truthfully, frozen wings are easy to keep on hand for a quick meal.
If you want to use frozen wings, the only difference will be the cooking time, which will need to be increased by about 5 to 8 minutes.
Remember to check your chicken wings with a meat thermometer before removing them from the air fryer. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
Other Great Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes
- AIR FRYER HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER TYSON CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE
- 2 pounds wings, if you are using frozen, thawed.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, less if you don't like heat
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the rub ingredients. In another bowl, place the wings and olive oil, mix well, and coated all of the wings.
- Then toss the wings into the rub.
- Set the temperature to 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Then flip the wings, spray with olive oil, and air fry for another 10-15 minutes until they are cooked through; remember to check with a meat thermometer.
- Optional: Toss with the extra dry rub right before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 481mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g