Do you love the smoky tang of blackened flavors, but don’t always have time to blend spices for each meal? If so, this easy-to-follow recipe for homemade blackened seasoning is sure to help! Not only will it give your dishes that craveable flavor profile, but can be personalized with ingredients like cayenne pepper and paprika.
Whether you’re adding it to grilled proteins or using it as a rub for veggies before roasting away in the oven, this four-ingredient mix will bring a big bold taste to all your favorite recipes. So let’s get started making your very own batch of Blackened Seasoning Mix!
Best Ever Homemade Blackened Seasoning Recipe
Best Ever Blackened Seasoning is a classic Cajun seasoning blend that brings the bold flavors of any New Orleans restaurant or Louisiana to any dish. Perfect for seafood, chicken, steak, and vegetables, it’s made with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, and other spices. With just the right amount of kick, this blend will add a flavorful punch to any meal. Enjoy the delicious flavor of Best Ever Blackened Seasoning on your favorite dishes today! Not only is it perfect for adding some Cajun flare to your meals, but it’s also a great way to cut down on sodium in your diet. Add just the right amount of taste without worrying about the extra salt. No matter what you’re cooking,
The Best Ever Blackened Seasoning is sure to bring bold flavor and satisfaction to your meal! Try it today and enjoy a classic Cajun-style meal that’s both delicious and healthy!
Try it today and you will realize that with a few simple ingredients, you can make your own homemade spice blends, which are so much better than the store-bought stuff.
What’s the Difference Between Blackening Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, and Creole Spice?
The key difference between these seasoning blends is the combination of spices used in each recipe. Blackened seasoning usually contains more herbs and is less spicy than Cajun Spice or Creole Spice. Cajun seasoning has a kick while Creole Seasoning is milder in flavor. Each blend can be adjusted to suit your personal taste and each works perfectly for different types of dishes.
No matter which blends you choose, each one will add a flavorful spicy kick to your favorite dishes. So experiment with all the blends and find which one you prefer! And keep a bottle in your spice rack they make for a great secret ingredient, for your favorite meats.
What Is Blackened Seasoning Made Of?
Blackened seasoning is a flavorful blend of spices. The combination of these ingredients creates a spicy and smoky flavor that can be used on meats, fish, or vegetables. Blackened seasoning can also be used to add flavor to sauces and dressings, or even added to popcorn for a zesty snack.
This type of seasoning is especially good on dishes such as blackened shrimp, fish tacos, and grilled chicken. The blackened crust is amazing on your favorite chicken recipe or steak recipe.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the page.
- Smoked Paprika
- Onion Powder
- Sea Salt, or Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Black Pepper, or White Pepper
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Oregano
- Cayenne Pepper: The level of spice will be determined by how much, cayenne pepper you add to the mixture, you can adjust the kick of heat by more pepper.
How To Make Homemade Blacked Seasoning Mix
In a small bowl add all of the ingredients, and mix well. Store in a dry, dark place.
What Can I Season With Homemade Blackened Seasoning?
Blackened seasoning is a great way to add some extra flavor to your food. This homemade blend can be used on all types of dishes, from fish and chicken to vegetables and even popcorn! Here are just a few ideas for what you can season with this tasty mix:
- Fish: Blackened seasoning adds a delicious smoky flavor to any type of fish. Whether you’re grilling, baking, or pan-frying your catch of the day, this seasoning will take it up a notch. Some great options are mahi mahi, cod, or even salmon, air frying will give you an amazing flavorful crust.
- Chicken: Get even more flavor out of your chicken dishes by sprinkling some blackened seasoning on top before cooking. This blend pairs especially well with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Blackened chicken is an amazing and easy dinner meal, perfect for Cajun Cuisine.
- Vegetables: Vegetables don’t have to be bland! Spruce them up with some homemade blackened seasoning before roasting or grilling. Carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, and peppers all go great with this blend of spices.
- Popcorn: For a savory snack, add some blackened seasoning to your popcorn. This will give your popcorn an extra kick of flavor that you won’t be able to resist!
There are so many other dishes you can season with homemade blackened seasoning. Get creative and experiment with different flavors and spices to find the perfect combination for your taste buds!
If you’re looking for a cooking method that packs a flavorful punch, this cooking technique is definitely worth exploring. This traditional Cajun-style method of cooking meat involves coating it with a blend of spices before searing it in an extremely high heat, cast-iron skillet until the exterior has a deep mahogany color and the inside is perfectly cooked.
Not only does this technique deliver a delicious, smoky flavor, but it also seals in all of the natural juices of whatever meat you’re cooking. Whether you’re grilling steaks or making fish tacos, blackening is sure to make any meal memorable. Give it a try and you won’t regret it!
How To Store Homemade Seasoning Blend
For the longest shelf life, store homemade seasoning blends in an airtight container. Mason jars work especially well as they are designed to keep out moisture and humidity For extra protection against spoilage, store containers of your spice blends in a cool dry place. A kitchen cabinet is a great spot, as long as it’s not near the stove where high temperatures can cause your seasonings to spoil quickly.
More Recipes For Homemade Seasoning Mixes
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- AIR FRYER BOMBAY POTATOES
- AIR FRYER DOMINO’S CINNASTIX
- ORE-IDA FRENCH FRIES AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN PARMESAN CALZONE
- AIR FRYER FROZEN LIMA BEANS
Blackened Seasoning Mix
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon seas salt, or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl add all of the ingredients, and mix well. Store in a dry, dark place.
- Small Bowl